corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Writ my car off on thursday. pics (not for the faint hearted)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Writ my car off on thursday. pics (not for the faint hearted)
-Aliba-

User status: Offline
   20th Jul 03 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just thot i'd let yous all know.
I was driving to work, at 8:50 in the morning, there were two cars sitting in the middle of the road. 1st car accelerates to move away.... whilst the car behind (a woman needless to say) crosses the road WITHOUT checking for the oncoming traffic. As you will have guessed, i was the oncoming traffic at 55mph at about 20yards MAX away from her. Slammed the brakes on and braced myself.

Basically resulting in me skelping my head off the steering wheel. I end up in hospital (just back today) with facial injuries. My face is like "desperate dan". Jaw broken in three places, damage to a few teeth, face really badly swollen. Anyhows, i'm still here though

The woman was charged with careless/wreckless driving. The bitch wrote my car off!!!! So, i've now to hit her with an insurance jobby. Oh, and if you are reading this vibrio, it happend just across from your work.

Really cant believe that i stepped away from it all with just a sore sore sore face. No broken legs or arms etc...

I promise you, i'll be back wiv the corsa

[Edited on 20-07-2003 by -Aliba-]
AndyW

20th Jul 03 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shit mate, glad to hear u fine tho.
StuartVRS

20th Jul 03 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At least you are ok mate, thats the main thing. A car can be replaced at the end of the day, you cant. HOpe you get better soon and that youll bounce back with a better car than before
-Aliba-

20th Jul 03 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers peeps. Most appreciated.Just gonna put some pics of my face up just now. Gimme 2 mins.
charcoalgrill

20th Jul 03 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u get better soon, dont worry about the car 4 now, just get better.
Red_SXi

20th Jul 03 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad to hear you're ok mate. Hope things get sorted ok
the_legend_of_yrag

20th Jul 03 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea glad to hear your ok, atleast your ok and im asuming your getting money off the women? As has been said a car can be replaced you can't!!!
vibrio
Banned

20th Jul 03 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by -Aliba-
Just thot i'd let yous all know.
I was driving to work, at 8:50 in the morning, there were two cars sitting in the middle of the road. 1st car accelerates to move away.... whilst the car behind (a woman needless to say) crosses the road WITHOUT checking for the oncoming traffic. As you will have guessed, i was the oncoming traffic at 55mph at about 20yards MAX away from her. Slammed the brakes on and braced myself.

Basically resulting in me skelping my head off the steering wheel. I end up in hospital (just back today) with facial injuries. My face is like "desperate dan". Jaw broken in three places, damage to a few teeth, face really badly swollen. Anyhows, i'm still here though

The woman was charged with careless/wreckless driving. The bitch wrote my car off!!!! So, i've now to hit her with an insurance jobby. Oh, and if you are reading this vibrio, it happend just across from your work.

Really cant believe that i stepped away from it all with just a sore sore sore face. No broken legs or arms etc...

I promise you, i'll be back wiv the corsa

[Edited on 20-07-2003 by -Aliba-]

across from the bus stop by any chance at St quivox ??

was just after I got to work.

vibrio
Banned

20th Jul 03 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where are the pics
-Aliba-

20th Jul 03 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, al go into a bit more detail. When the car pulled out, a mere 20 yards in front of me, i knew i was hitting it. I cant remember smacking into it, but the tyres screeching is what sticks in my mind. My instinct was to turn the ignition off. Seatbelt off, and get out the car. So as i got out (had to kick at the door for it to open) i heard the women shouting n screaming "ahhhh" so me being me ran over to help. It was only then that i realised that blood was pishing out of me, jaw was in pieces, felt like i had very few teeth.

Anyway, i runs over to her car, and she has not a scratch to her name not amused.

Was warned in hospital that i would have very few teeth left. Turns out that i only lost two, and have two chipped or out of place. I've been told by the nurses, doctors, patients etc that i have to claim for evrything under the sun.... loss of earnings, facial damage, loss of teeth, car, clthing etc etc....

Going to see my car in the morning, getting my alloys off, thankfully, as there isnt a scrath to them (17" tornados). Also getn lexus rears, mirors, mp3 player etc.... Garage being quite good allowing me to do this although it is insured anyhows.

Just cant wait to get a hold of a corsa and really mod every single bit. As yous may know, my room contents are as follows : panique front bumper, euro2 rear, smooth boot, gsi spoiler, tc4 spoiler, powerfloe exhaust, smooth custom scuttl, single wiper etc etc etc... The list goes on.....

Just need to decide on a fancy colour to get it sprayed up.

Heres a pic of my VERY swollen face
Sooty
Banned

20th Jul 03 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ouch nasty
-Aliba-

20th Jul 03 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just at the entrance to auchencruive along from the bus stop vibrio. Was about 8:50 am or so. I'll take some pics of the car 2moro.

Another thing, the police said that through there workings, they think that i didnt have my seat belt on!!! Pure shite, if i hadnt, i would have been straight through the front windscreen guaranteed. Doctors at both hospitals i went to stated that i DID have it on. They also stated how well the corsa worked under the crash. The force of the crash smashed the front of the car to pieces, and travelled up behind the front doors and started to slightly "crumple" their, leaving the drivers compartment totally untouched.
the_legend_of_yrag

20th Jul 03 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cops are fookin wankers tho, they would say that, especially as you have a modded car, i rolled my car about 7 times, n the wankers reckoned i didnt have a seatbelt on, i think id of been out the car if i hadnt!!!
-Aliba-

20th Jul 03 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well, when i was sitting at the roadside, and they turn up 2 a skinheed driving a modded car, first thing i thought was BANG, me to blame straight away. But, as i said, they've gotta do theyre job. The chief or whatever did however say that the traffic boys evaluation was that i didnt have it on, but they dont know for sure, cos they werent there, only i would know. So i'm basically cossing my fingers that they dont put it into their report that i didnt have, hence mucking up my claim!
m4tt_c

20th Jul 03 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you got 2 hospitals saying you did i wouldnt worry to much.

is there any brusing from the belt on your chest, stomach or shoulder?
-Aliba-

20th Jul 03 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is no bruising on my right shoulder. Had a small pain there though. However, i somehow seem to have bruising on my left shoulder area????
m4tt_c

20th Jul 03 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shoulder hitting the wheel or dash?
-Aliba-

20th Jul 03 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

really dont know. Cant remember hitting the steering wheel at all, but its folded in half! Turned my mobile on yesterday in hospital, asked for a PIN number, typed it in, and it was wrong. Cant remembr my PIN number for my fone or bank cards for some coocoo reason!
the_legend_of_yrag

20th Jul 03 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Phone in hospital? Naughty lad!!
-Aliba-

20th Jul 03 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at the entrance to the hospital, allowed to use mobiles down there.......... so na na na na na....
the_legend_of_yrag

20th Jul 03 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will let you off then lad...
X3DOS

20th Jul 03 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not nice, I do hate the discrimination that the police give the young in modified land.
Ben
Banned

20th Jul 03 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

police r cnuts

face looks a bit fooked .

least ur alright tho!

a women crashed into my m8 who had a nice white panique corsa fully kitted and nice and a women come round this bend and ended up on wrongside of road , hit him , then knocked all her front teeth out !

dont think he bothered with her as he was pished off bigtime

women drivers r shit!
Adam-D

20th Jul 03 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

glad you alive mate
hope your claim is ok
buzzie's assuming gits!
hope u get a corsa back on the road...
i know u said u were gonna get pics of it not bein morbid i just wanna see what left after hitting somthing at about 50mph.......

woulndt worry 2 hospitals saying u had belt on i wouldnt worry try an get sommit in writing from them

when i was learning to drive a week or so be4 my test a woman in a mini clubman pulled out on me in the wet on a 40mph road i hit the brakes and swerved around her into the opposite kerb cruched the whdrvers side wheel.

woman drove off not be4 my instuctor got her plate and a stement off a witness,
drove home like that steering was shakin i hadnt seen damage as instructor wouldnt let me
i got home wheel rim was bent/buckled tie-bars etc were bent a little car had to have new suspension on that side
needles to say i was back in it the next week.

corsa's are well strong little motas
Scott

20th Jul 03 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my m8 told me he seen a bad smash there , thats a bad road IMO

glad to hear ur ok m8 , was u at the hospital in killie ?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Writ my car off on thursday. pics (not for the faint hearted) 22 database queries in 0.1955950 seconds