corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » FAO anyone with or knows about chrome wheels

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FAO anyone with or knows about chrome wheels
jamesw

User status: Offline
20th Jul 03 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been to gforce today just to see come wheels in the flesh, anyway as soon as the guy noticed i was looking at chrome wheels he warned me off them straight away, he reckons after about 4 month the chrome would start falling off? sounds like bull to me just wondering if anyone knows if this is true, i know if i get a stone chipping or kurb it its going to corode like any other wheel if i dont sort it but he reckons they will only last 4 months?

Cheers,

JW

[Edited on 20-07-2003 by jamesw]
Bonzai

20th Jul 03 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think that chrome wheels arent sui6ed for our roads cos of salt content or somethin??

there was an article in max last month i think with some guy who owns mods-direct and he had 19" chrome jobbies. he said that with chrome wheels u get what u pay 4 (asif they didnt cost enough as it is) but he kept his car under a tarpaulin cover and washed his wheels regularly. aparantly they will last if u give them lots of attention
Robertio_uk

20th Jul 03 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got black chrome wheels and up in scotland so theres salt on the winter most of the times an di have noticed any chrome falling off, like lordbonzi said, it depends how much u pay for them, the chepaer they are, except them to fade/flake
SRi_m00k

20th Jul 03 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ave u considered polishin em?? very similar effect!?

bit of maintenance required butt heres no risk of anythin falin or flakin off, they are bare metal polished!!

New Poll