corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.2 8v........Drilled air box with sports filter or induction kit??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.2 8v........Drilled air box with sports filter or induction kit??
corsaon18s

User status: Offline
   17th Jul 03 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Which one??

Drilled air box with sports filter or induction kit??

Kris TD

17th Jul 03 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

panel and drilled airbox.
corsaon18s

17th Jul 03 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could you explain to me why? wy does it work better?
Adam-D

17th Jul 03 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it does a bit but tbh that only cars that have bigger engines that produce lots of heat
indution kit is eaiser to do take bout 20mins to do drilling airbox to many and u lose pressure and it fooks it up plus uve gotta sand each hole to make sure no bits of plastic end up where they shouldnt
corsaon18s

17th Jul 03 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

drilled about 6 holes in the bottom and another 6 on the side and it picked up a bit quicker the induction kit had the same effect but now i got a grizzly bear under the lid as well.
Kris TD

17th Jul 03 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how big were the holes? i drilled about 40 10mm holes and removed the clip on bit on the wing side.

i found my induction kit was only quicker in the cold, whereas airbox was better all year round. i have now however put my induction kit bk on but its alot closer too the turbo so its better than anything was before as it bypasses over a meter of heating up pipe work.

New Poll