corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Changing handbrake cover/handle + gearknob

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Changing handbrake cover/handle + gearknob
wee_kev

User status: Offline
13th Jul 03 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wanting to change my handbrake handle and the leather aswell, same with gearknob.

Whats the best way to do this so they can be used again if i wanted to swap back. Seen instructions but they used hacksaws.

Its a 97 GLS if that makes any difference to the style

[Edited on 13-07-2003 by wee_kev]
Black Corsa SRi

13th Jul 03 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When i did my handbrake cover it was tight but i just managed, with a bit of persasion, to get it to slide off without damaging it at all! The gear knob i managed to get off but there was like a yellow plastic bit below it which i couldnt get off without damaging it so i not sure if it possible to get the gear knob off and it still be reuseable
the_legend_of_yrag

13th Jul 03 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yer i think the only way with the gear knob, is to give it a twist and pull to get it off.

Then your left with a yellow bit that held the knob on, im not sure if you can buy a gear knob that will fit over this, mine wouldn't so i cut it off.

Put my new gaitor and surround on then fitted the knob and tightend up! Looks wicked now, next will be the handbrake handle, im sure that will take a little more persuasion!

New Poll