corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Driveways

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Driveways
Daimo B

User status: Offline
7th Jul 03 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who ahs the worst?? I vote me

this is how close my front bumper gets (u can see the steepness of the drive, look at the back wall ) even with the aid of a few concrete slabs, wood, and bricks to raise the front end.

HEnce why i cannot go any lower than -40mm on 16"s

Phil321

7th Jul 03 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats a reason to move house!
Colin.S

7th Jul 03 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fook that in the snow.
Nismo

7th Jul 03 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Phil321

nah thats a reason to level the drive out, thats what you get when you employee cowboy builders these days,
vibrio
Banned

7th Jul 03 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine is flat I have no problem. Kerry's is bad.
Icy

whys is that steep?
u stay in everest?
Phil321

Got some cowboy builders in next door to me at the mo. Been there forever and never do any work. Still, good luck to em, easy money!
Trotty

7th Jul 03 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You wanna get a lift installed...
charcoalgrill

7th Jul 03 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

m8n i will best that. i cant get a pic till 2moro but mine is stteper, hence i cant get a front bumper or lowered:'(
Colin.S

7th Jul 03 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So thats why you got a rear disk conversion.
Daimo B

7th Jul 03 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nahh, we live on a part called the North Downs. Its a massive hill, if u look at kent, its easily viewable. Our house is on the top side of a vally. We built the garage ( at dodgy builders, git ) and wanted the door at the front facing down, but because we live on a T junction, it wasn't allowed. Therefore we had to make it come out the back, and go up the hill to meet the already steep hill going along the side of the house.

Colin, snow, can't even walk up it. I constently have a big bucket of salt in the garage. This is not a good area to live in in the snow. Fell of the scoota 3 times this year just trying to get down to the main road. Was only at lie 5mph, was funny. Was walking the bike up the hill using the engine, and going no-where

I'll see if i can find some pics of the hill/area.
charcoalgrill

7th Jul 03 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

plus side is that ull never get flooded.
RichR
Premium Member

7th Jul 03 at 23:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My drive is flat, but the part where the road meets the driveway is about 4 inches lower - foOKin muppet council - so I only miss catching the front because I have to turn on an ngle so its up the drive b4 it cathces.

my nans is bad and my g/f lives on a private unkept road - which at the moment is ripping my bumper to shreads - ask Stubbsy how bad it is - I believe it would class as the worst driveway to be honest
Daimo B

7th Jul 03 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by charcoalgrill
plus side is that ull never get flooded.

Quite the opposite im afraid

I dug out a 6ft deep, and 6x6 hole in the middle of the garden for a soakawy for the house n garage. I found a flaw. A lot of water runs down the drive into the drain we made across the whole drive, down a pipe into the soakaway. But, where no air can get in, it quickly fills the pipe and floods over until it can drain. This can be quite bad in heavy rain. Nothin i can do about it either other than digup the whole garden. Doh!!!

Can't find my snowy pics
wytey

7th Jul 03 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

feck me daimo.... reminds me of my m8s house down in London outskirts, when I had my reno 19 16v a good few yrs back... took a mate down to Heathrow airport, and stopped by at one of his m8s house to pick him up as well.... looked at the drive n thought fook.... drove very slowly up in 1st.... scrape... fook that... tried it in reverse....scrape.... fook that... parked on the main road and told them thats as close as I get
Daimo B

7th Jul 03 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

U wanna see DOnnas drive

Firstly we have planks to get it out the garage, then i have to life em up (i say planks, but its kitchen top material, not light stuff ), then her drive levels out, then goes up \_ (not that harsh) so need to put em down again so not to scrape the front end, then, again, when u get to the top of teh drive where it goes over the path onto the rod /----\ (bit like that) so she doesn't rip her skirts off.

Not fun at 2am when coming back from a cruise of whatever.

Grrrrrrrrr, i hate hilly drives.

Moan over.
Daimo B

7th Jul 03 at 23:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by wytey
feck me daimo.... reminds me of my m8s house down in London outskirts, when I had my reno 19 16v a good few yrs back... took a mate down to Heathrow airport, and stopped by at one of his m8s house to pick him up as well.... looked at the drive n thought fook.... drove very slowly up in 1st.... scrape... fook that... tried it in reverse....scrape.... fook that... parked on the main road and told them thats as close as I get

bottom of the bumpers all scraped to feck on D4
charcoalgrill

7th Jul 03 at 23:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ul about getting flooded, u aint seen my drive yet, a few months back i scraped my exhaust going out. and i fucked it. ill try n take a PIC 2moro.
RichR
Premium Member

7th Jul 03 at 23:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive done mine - only been back from bodyshop 2 weeks or so - and Ive done so much damage underneath and on one interior corner of the bumepr that its booked back in at the bodshop as soon as Ive got bigger wheels to be reconditioned - and I take loads of car when Im driving ti too - this is all on 15s and not lowered at all
wytey

7th Jul 03 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

look on the birght side... the slope hasn't lifted the front wheels off the ground ...... or has it???

what about them hydraulic suspensions?? the ones that u can adjust from inside the car
Daimo B

7th Jul 03 at 23:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Phil321

Oh, its a big old garage. I've got D4, 2 scootas, back bench all the way across the back, 4 big cupboards, my massive sub box on the floor, tumb,le dryer, all the gardening stuff (hoover type thing, mover, strimmer etc) and still enuff room to comfotably walk around the car

I LOVE my garage, but hate my drive
Daimo B

7th Jul 03 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by wytey
look on the birght side... the slope hasn't lifted the front wheels off the ground ...... or has it???

what about them hydraulic suspensions?? the ones that u can adjust from inside the car

No room in teh car for all the pumps etc. Thought about it a few years ago before it became popular in the uk.

Front wheels are raise, on all teh blocks n bricks etc. I wouldn't have a fron bumper at all otherwise. Thats just about where it drops down off the wood. Cant have it any higer or longer or it would scrape.

Good news is thoguh im gonna have two brick ramps made up later in the year. Means i'll be able to get under the car just like my own little outdoor garage.
wytey

7th Jul 03 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

kewl

can just see ppl *borrowing* ur drive
Daimo B

8th Jul 03 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corb

8th Jul 03 at 00:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i recently got stuck on my mums driveway/road and had to get someone round, who lifted the car fromth slam panel whilst i reversed back then drove down the road to get back on the road properly!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Driveways 22 database queries in 0.1745369 seconds