corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » When i rag my car........

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author When i rag my car........
Red_SXi

User status: Offline
6th Jul 03 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope, the tyres are Pirelli P Zero Assimetrico, the retail price of them is £179 EACH
Adam_B

6th Jul 03 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£179 EACH ? as in £716 for four ?
Red_SXi

6th Jul 03 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
£179 EACH ? as in £716 for four ?

Thats the retail price, but no-one ever pays that price, realistically they're about £80 - £90 each.

No-one ever pays the RRP, this is the price the garage was going to charge the insurance company for 1 new tyre on my car when it was involved in an accident, we didnt go through insurance in the end though.
CorsAsh

7th Jul 03 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can wheelspin a 1.2 8v from 1st to 2nd, tho it was on skinnies...
IntaCepta

7th Jul 03 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i could spin the wheels from a 1st to 2nd gear change with my 13inches in my 60bhp beast.

but i don't think i could do it now with the 16s on.
greycorsa

7th Jul 03 at 00:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had a 1.4 16v. cudnt do that unless road was wet or tyres a little worn.
supacook2k

7th Jul 03 at 00:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wheel spinned in 3rd last night pretty shocked as u dont hear of many cars wheelspinning in 3rd! i have a 1.4 16v sport and am always wheelspinning in 2nd but pretty damn chuffed with 3rd!
Dan_Corsa

7th Jul 03 at 07:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i could easy spin my old 1.0 engine in to second on standard wheels,could only do it in the wet on my 15's,but as some 1 b4 u stand a good chance of fucking your car up,and who ever said they have 3 years warrenty,my car has just turned 3 years old and i had to change my engine cos the 1.0 engine fucked up,snapped camshaft,and god knows what else all threw abusing the little engine from day 1,since it happened and i've fitted my new engine i've spoke to mechanics about the corsa 1.0 12v engine and they say it's a bad lump,the local vauxhall garage say they've had loads of 2/3 year old 1's go back for new parts and work,and u'd b lucky to find a x10xe in the scrap yard cos there that unreliable
but i liked my 1.0 engine it was good for what it was
Marc D

7th Jul 03 at 07:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me bro can do it in a 1.4 8v LS with 60bhp!
Jatinder

7th Jul 03 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can also do it in third in the dry
Red_SXi

7th Jul 03 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh mine is a 1.2 16v with 75BHP, its got 16's too.

About the 1.0 12v's. My dad owns a driving school and he refused to buy any 1.0 12v's because of the continious problems with them, and the fact that they were wearing out after 50k. They're not bad cars for womem who only go shopping etc, but for someone who does high mileage they're crap
Patrick

7th Jul 03 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've done a near burn out when changing into second and sometimes I also get a hint of spin when changing into 3rd.
Makarus

7th Jul 03 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can get wheel spin from changing to second from first. Nothing down to poor throttle control because I do it on purpose, makes someone worry next to you when you car spins in second after a geart change, the car tends to dive forwards aswell as soon as it grips pissing people off.

I have a 1.2 8V with 15's on.
3CorsaMeal

7th Jul 03 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Makarus
makes someone worry next to you when you car spins in second after a geart change,

I have a 1.2 8V with 15's on.

not really, cos they could do it as well. doubt it would impress/worry anyone, unless they have a robin reliant and realise that its the only car that it would prove hard to do, most people (unless they a bit dense) will realise that anyone can do it, even little old lady in a metro, if she really wanted..
Ditch

7th Jul 03 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Red_Sxi
Nope, the tyres are Pirelli P Zero Assimetrico, the retail price of them is £179 EACH

Personally i would be doing everything physically possible NOT to spin if my tyres cost this much!!!
Patrick

7th Jul 03 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Burn out was the only term I could think of to desribe the ammount of spinning. It was wet and I pulled away from the lights slowish, having a rag with a XR2i, put it in second hoping for traction and the wheels just went round and round and round. I found it pretty fun so kept my foot planted down to see how long I could keep the wheels spinning and it seemed like ages. If I really rag it in the dry and can still get a pretty large spin up if I change to second really harshly at 7,500rpm.

[Edited on 07-07-2003 by Patrick]
Patrick

7th Jul 03 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hence why I said I pulled away slowish. It was pretty funny. I had a mate in the passenger seat that couldn't stop laughing. I pulled away slow in 1st thought getting into 2nd wouldn't be a problem so nailed it and it all when ape. Suppose it was a good job my car isn't rear wheel drive!

[Edited on 07-07-2003 by Patrick]
Jatinder

7th Jul 03 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Patrick
Burn out was the only term I could think of to desribe the ammount of spinning. It was wet and I pulled away from the lights slowish, racing an XR2i put it in second hoping for traction and the wheels just went round and round and round. I found it pretty fun so kept my foot planted down to see how long I could keep the wheels spinning and it seemed like ages. If I really rag it in the dry and can still get a pretty large spin up if I change to second really harshly at 7,500rpm.

Anyone can do that in the wet, happens with most cars just a loss of traction, coz of the rain nothing to be impressed about, anyway its anoying when pulling away,
DAYZEE

7th Jul 03 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get some marshalls on the front next time you change the tyres, then you'll know all about wheelspin!
Patrick

7th Jul 03 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jatinder
Anyone can do that in the wet, happens with most cars just a loss of traction, coz of the rain nothing to be impressed about, anyway its anoying when pulling away,

I think I know loss of traction is not good. It is annoying, just in this case it was pretty funny as it was excessive spinning, trust me!
Jatinder

7th Jul 03 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah supposes so, i gather the xr2i won then?
Patrick

7th Jul 03 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Won? I wouldn't even call that a race!
Rob H

7th Jul 03 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Red_Sxi
It seems to do it whatever i'm doing with my throttle tho, if i take my foot off the throttle when i do it, it still wheel spins so i dunno.

How do you let your clutch out then? Do you just move your foot, and let it spring back up?

Didnt your driving instructer teach you to do the "two step cluch release?"
Red_SXi

7th Jul 03 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MY Dad is a driving instructor thankyour very much. And i have been able to drive since i was about 9. I don't think its got anything to do with throttle control as the short space of time it happens in the revs don't even have time to change.
3CorsaMeal

7th Jul 03 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

must be because ur car is an abnormality and goes really really fast, must be the bestest corsa C sxi around, when u see one drive past u must know urs is better, i'm soooooooooooo jealous of it, u lucky boy

just being sarcastist b4 i get any abuse...

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » When i rag my car........ 22 database queries in 0.1955740 seconds