corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » F*cking hell, how much did I just shit myself!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author F*cking hell, how much did I just shit myself!
Paul_J

User status: Offline
4th Jul 03 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was coming back from Max Power Live (was good, not worth the amount of money though) and after being stuck in large traffic jams for absolutely AGES! I wanted to get home... Speeding along the motorways was fine, but when I came off the motorway I was still going at that sort of speed... (the route home is basically all National speed limit - except for like 1 section where for literally 30 meters it drops to a 40 limit then back to national speed limit)

anyway... came off the motorway, headed down the dual carriageway and got stuck behind some woman driving a mr2 slowly. I saw my turn off and sadly she was going the same way. Turned down this road (which is national speed limit) and as she was pottering around at 30mph I overtook.

Kept my foot down as was doing about 80-90... then saw the slow signs on the road for the bit which drops to a 40 zone for like 50 meters (about 5 seconds when your going 80)...

I did slow down, but only down to like 60-70 because I saw the roads were clear... Was through the most of the 40 zone and about to go round the corner which I knew had national speed limit signs on and so started speeding a bit back up ... As I went round the corner doing about 70-80 I saw a police car pass me going the opposite way!!! (this was as I was taking the corner) and I saw him flash at me to slow down (as I past him) ... Well I started slowing (fast) but regardless I saw him in my rear view mirror do a instant 180 in the road!

I thought 'SHIT!!!!!!'

he persued me for a while in this national speed limit, but I was now only doing 35-40 mph!!! I still thought he'd pull me over and give me a bollocking, but since he had no evidence of my speed (going the other way) he couldn't pull me for speeding.

Finally after a while he got bored and turned back... thank god!

I know my cars gonna be marked now so they'll be looking out for me (I thought it already was marked for a similar thing before)...

I'm not saying speeding is cool, and if you saw this bit of road you'd understand why I didn't slow all the way down to 40mph (hedgely if you know it), but I bloody soiled myself at the time!

You all reckon thats it? there's no way he could of got my speed then? and if he did he'd have pulled me over there and then... right?

Thanks,

Paul J
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

4th Jul 03 at 19:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you are lucky!!!!!!!!!!!
CORSA NUT

4th Jul 03 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hate it when shit like that happens

Makes my heart go all funny!
Trotty

4th Jul 03 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think you'll be alright as far as any fine goes, but don't be surprised if they keep a close eye on you for awhile mate.

I wasn''t so lucky - I got 'zapped' doing 42 in a 30 today by a policeman with a radar gun jobby - the git was hiding behind a wall!

(And before anyone says anything, was coming out of a small village, 'bout 200 yrds from the start of a 60 zone and there was nothing else about at the time)
Sooty
Banned

4th Jul 03 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you lot and your dam quick 1.2's
Paul_J

4th Jul 03 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats the thing I think they probably realised the fact that this 40 mph zone was very small and I was actually through the reason it was there anyway... I think they were bored ... the way they flashed (to say slow down) then thought 'actually we're bored lets go chase him' and turned round...

or maybe it was the fact they saw my car was modded? or they remembered my license plate from that time I had police follow me home (when I was speeding) all the way to my house!

My heart sinks and I so thought I was gonna get done, didn't help I had a VIP Max Power pass round my neck. If they had pulled me over they'd have done me for the fact I looked like a complete boy racer (which I suppose I am).

Stoney what was the outcome in the end? didn't hear what they gave you in the end? was it 6 months?

I can't wait till I'm 21 and I have a total of 12 points to use... at the moment its like tredding on eggshells - for all I know I could of been done for speeding on the m40 on the way home (don't think there are any camera's on it though)

Gutted about that trotty. Unlucky mate.

Paul J
Sooty
Banned

4th Jul 03 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive been caught twice once for dangerous driving and once for parking in an inapropriate place.

both times got thretaned with points and nothing was ever done.

Im very lucky. I drive like a 80 year old now.
Paul_J

4th Jul 03 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats the deal with dangerous driving? if you take a corner which they see as being a slow corner (even if its in a national speed limit zone) a bit fast - is that 'dangerous driving?'

like is that what you'd get penalised for?

I'm gonna try to drive sensibly but I know I'll get frustrated and want to over take someone.

Paul J
Red_SXi

4th Jul 03 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got stopped and told i could have got 9 points but they were gonna let me off, or as i reckon they didn't actually clock me so couldn't do owt. Its annoying tho My dad picked me up from work one evening at 10.30 in his Porsche, we were driving home with the hood down cos it was hot and cos my Dad wears a hat the old bill instantly think "young person" anyway they done an instant 180, followed us for a bit then went beside us at the traffic lights and drove in the other direction, TWATS
TOMAS

4th Jul 03 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not usually a nob driver but once I shot past a patrol car sat by the road at night waiting for speeding cars. He was parked and I shot past him at 95mph on dual carrageway. I have no rear plate light, so no way would he have seen my reg, I saw him pull out to come after me with blue lights on so I put my foot down and belted into this village around a bend, braked as hard as I could and turned into this side street, pulled up behind a parked car, turned engine/lights off and ducked. He never caught me but it was quite exciting! LOL If he had off got me i'd of definatley been for it.
ChazSXi

4th Jul 03 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sooty

Feel the power
Sooty
Banned

4th Jul 03 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ChazSXi
quote:

Feel the power

PainZ

4th Jul 03 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ChazSXi
quote:

Feel the power

OMG FEEL THE POWAH FROM HIS SISTERS CORSA VAROOOOOOOOOOM

go find your micromachines again chaz!
Rob R

4th Jul 03 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOL
Sooty
Banned

4th Jul 03 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PMSL at Pete

IntaCepta

4th Jul 03 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i get this all the time in my area late at night.
but i stick to 30mph all the way home anyways. they follow me all the way untill i get to my road.

sometimes they drive really close..

my heart goes nuts as well.
Paul_J

4th Jul 03 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats the problem though - when they're behind you at night its hard to tell they're police... if someone is following me - especially close I think they want to me to speed up / race... so I floor it

Paul J
wytey

5th Jul 03 at 00:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

paul yea I'd say thats the last of it.

I've been flashed at by cop cars, and fingers waved at me by cop bikes when on country roads up North Yorkshire.
Haazey

5th Jul 03 at 00:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the worst they can do is pull u over and remind u that ur in a 40 zone, and not to do it again. Like you said they need proof. Lucky bastard

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » F*cking hell, how much did I just shit myself! 22 database queries in 0.0147538 seconds