corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I hate IT im finally doing something about it.

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I hate IT im finally doing something about it.
SetH

User status: Offline
3rd Jul 03 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got an informal interview at RAF careers centre tommorow. I wasnt built to be stuck in an office! and IT Sucks, just had some more users pissing me off.

Will probably take a pay cut if i go in, but who cares when i wont be sitting at a desk anymore and hopefully will be seeing the world, doing something worthwhile and not working for a money grabbing corporation!
Daimo B

3rd Jul 03 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well done, i am in the same situation, i ahve Left IT as it does not interest me anymore at all. I am lookinjg for a new career path. Its tough
Sam
Premium Member

3rd Jul 03 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
... hopefully will be seeing the world, doing something worthwhile and not working for a money grabbing corporation!

Do you work for Microsoft then?
Kerry

3rd Jul 03 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes seth, good luck for tomorrow and dont forget my little favour

if all goes well il be following him
SetH

3rd Jul 03 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks m8, Ive been feeling like this for ages. I dont understand why so many people want to get into IT, they dont realise all the crap you get for it. I think sitting in a classroom for a week learning about subnet masking and routing and thinking OMG how geeky was a wake up call.
Sooty
Banned

3rd Jul 03 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am in IT... I work with geeks and laugh at apple mac jokes all day
SetH

3rd Jul 03 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Kerry, im bit nervous about it but suppose ill be ok when i get there, dont worry i wont forget to ask for you!
paul_spurrell

3rd Jul 03 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would like to leave IT. its is very gay. dont know what else to do though
DAYZEE

3rd Jul 03 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basicly one job is just as shite as the next so I do IT for 8 hours a day. I won't stop doing it because I get paid a shedload of cash! Can't ask for more than that really?
SetH

3rd Jul 03 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need more than that, Im not on a shedload but on an above avg wage for my age/experience. But sitting at a desk watching the world go by and messing around with pc`s all day isnt quite as exciting as what i hope the RAF can offer me.
Adam_B

3rd Jul 03 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daimo B
Well done, i am in the same situation, i ahve Left IT as it does not interest me anymore at all. I am lookinjg for a new career path. Its tough

My mate did that, now weve both just finished the first year of a 2 yr course in Motoraports HND level. Tis proper bo!!
Daimo B

3rd Jul 03 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dude, i SOOOOOOOOOO know what u mean. I've been on a pretty good wage, and i've worked for some of Londons biggest firms, and hated them all

Payis good, but its come to a point over the last few years where im just not interested. i go to work, do my jobs, go home.

Im am keeping my fingers crossed for a role soon i'd VERY much get to like, but if it falls thru, then im right up sh1t street. Dunno what to do
Sooty
Banned

3rd Jul 03 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I also feel this, I do the same thing 5 days a week for 8 hours, I also work till 11pm everynight, it sucks. Im going to the top boss on saturday to try and sort it out.
koni

3rd Jul 03 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was on a decent wage in IT too, i then started Koncept and continued to work in IT at the same time, i went away on a nice relaxing holiday at the beginning of the year and when i returned it was clear in my head that i'd never set foot in the office again, i took another week off, then went AWOL for a week, then just phoned to meet the directors and gave them the news!...

I havent lloked back since and i could never work for anyone again, hopefully i never will have to.
My advice however cheesy it may sound...'follow your heart'
Hillzlo

3rd Jul 03 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me and Sooty were in an IT course. The most intersting thing we did was go to the pub.
Sooty
Banned

3rd Jul 03 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hillzlo
Me and Sooty were in an IT course. The most intersting thing we did was go to the pub.

I could not have worded that better @ all
Daimo B

3rd Jul 03 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
quote:

My mate did that, now weve both just finished the first year of a 2 yr course in Motoraports HND level. Tis proper bo!!

Money coming in?????
Sooty
Banned

3rd Jul 03 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is what worries me, without an income, id be screwed lol
SetH

3rd Jul 03 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats what stopped me going back to Uni.
Sooty
Banned

UNI = DEBT

if I went to uni id probably end up with serious money problems afterwards
Tom

I've been in the same place since leavin school, I sit at a desk all but don't do IT, I do market research which is kewl cos' it's not minotinous, different challenges from week to week, but yeah is quite poo working in the same thing year upon year.

Don't think i'll have a career change for a good few years yet.

I've just turned 20 and i'm only a really good wage for my age and quals etc, i've also had 2 pay rises in the last 6 months.

I've got loads of debts so i'm stuck here 4 a long tiome yet

If had no debts i'd be off round the world in a shot.

Does anyone ever get bored with where they live, just seeing the same sights every day?
koni

3rd Jul 03 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You have to really focus on the future, its all good having money coming in, but now is the time to get your career/life going in the direction that suits you. You'll soon all meet the girl of your screams and want to have a house etc, then its no longer a matter of enjoying life, its a case of paying for life... Now is the time to make a change in your life!!!.
It tkes allot of balls to quit a job that you make a decent regular income from, but you have to believe in what your doing. I'd say that easily 99% of the population are more interested in making money than what they do to make it.
SetH

3rd Jul 03 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Does anyone ever get bored with where they live, just seeing the same sights every day?

Yes everyday, When i was in london on a course last month i couldnt belive how different it was to inbred norfolk Much faster pace of life, multi-racial which meant lots of gorgeous asian and scandinavian girls Kind of gave me a taste for travelling, Getting kind of bored and fed up with England as a whole tbh though.
Adam_B

3rd Jul 03 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
quote:

Money coming in?????

Baa, ud be a student ur supposed to be skint
koni

3rd Jul 03 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im sure people in London are in the same position, they probably envy your easier paced lifestyle.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I hate IT im finally doing something about it. 22 database queries in 0.1038761 seconds