corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Anyone know...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone know...
Sooty
Banned

User status: Offline
29th Jun 03 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how to do a continous ping in dos ??
Trotty

29th Jun 03 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ping ip_address -t

or try ping /? at a cmd prompt ya lazy git
MarkM

29th Jun 03 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

c:\ pingallthetime www.bbc.co.uk

groom

29th Jun 03 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can someody explain what a ping acheives???
MarkM

29th Jun 03 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PING's or Packet Internet Grope are useful for the detection of a presence of a connected device that is bound to a specific IP address or host name. The packets are sent to the device to see if it is alive and working. The data returned not only tells you if the device is online but the amount of time it takes to communicate with the device.

This information is great for testing your network for latency and monitoring computer and server status to see if there are any problems. One of the major ways that it is used is for watching over a set of connected devices(computers, network peripherals, etc) and notifying an administrator or logging the incident of any of them go down.

groom

29th Jun 03 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MarkM

29th Jun 03 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sport16v
PING's or Packet Internet Grope are useful for the detection of a presence of a connected device that is bound to a specific IP address or host name. The packets are sent to the device to see if it is alive and working. The data returned not only tells you if the device is online but the amount of time it takes to communicate with the device.

This information is great for testing your network for latency and monitoring computer and server status to see if there are any problems. One of the major ways that it is used is for watching over a set of connected devices(computers, network peripherals, etc) and notifying an administrator or logging the incident of any of them go down.

Does this make me a geek?

groom

29th Jun 03 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if u wrote that from memory... YES
Richie

29th Jun 03 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why Should I Use Ping Wizard v2?
Trotty

29th Jun 03 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Does this make me a geek?

Nope, just means you can you Google
Richie

29th Jun 03 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ping Wizard v2 allows a programmer to conduct Pings to any specified address(IP or FQDN). It is very intuitive and straight forward.

Our products called SMTP Wizard and POP3 Wizard are great for this ability since you can then send an email to an administrator if the servers go down.

Royalty Free

Ping Wizard v2 is also ROYALTY FREE. Which means you don't have to pay another fee per application you develop or per application you sell. The one time cost will save you a lot of money.

Upgrades and Support

We will also support Ping Wizard v2 with upgrades and bug fixes. If you find any bug or fault with Ping Wizard v2, we have a link to put you in touch with our Software Engineering department directly. No having to try and explain the problem to some Customer Service representative and waiting forever for it to get forwarded and handled.

I believe all of the above reasons should be overwhelmingly enough to persuade you to using our product. Please evaluate the product first and see how useful it will be in your applications. I am sure you will want to start using it right way.
Sooty
Banned

29th Jun 03 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks ppl, I needed to tell someone at work on the phone how to do it.

I was successful
MarkM

29th Jun 03 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AustinPXX
Ping Wizard v2 allows a programmer to conduct Pings to any specified address(IP or FQDN). It is very intuitive and straight forward.

Our products called SMTP Wizard and POP3 Wizard are great for this ability since you can then send an email to an administrator if the servers go down.

Royalty Free

Ping Wizard v2 is also ROYALTY FREE. Which means you don't have to pay another fee per application you develop or per application you sell. The one time cost will save you a lot of money.

Upgrades and Support

We will also support Ping Wizard v2 with upgrades and bug fixes. If you find any bug or fault with Ping Wizard v2, we have a link to put you in touch with our Software Engineering department directly. No having to try and explain the problem to some Customer Service representative and waiting forever for it to get forwarded and handled.

I believe all of the above reasons should be overwhelmingly enough to persuade you to using our product. Please evaluate the product first and see how useful it will be in your applications. I am sure you will want to start using it right way.

LOL Good one sherlock...well done...I do actually know what a ping is but as stated earlier couldnt be bothered to type it all out...google is mr friend!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Anyone know... 22 database queries in 0.0153220 seconds