corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Who ever has a PSG wide arch kit!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Who ever has a PSG wide arch kit!
Ben
Banned

User status: Offline
28th Jun 03 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just bought a new kit today , dint come wi no brackets (as i wa told they dont )

how the fcuk do u fit em?

do u bond archs over top of normal 1s or what

how does front bumper join on ? do u bolt arch to skirts?

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/8c9c2c84/bc/My+Photos/front+end+of+my+psg.jpg?bcNgf_.A0GhoXOwv

and how does mesh fit on these ? do i need to make a bracket!

also what is it like when u drill through fibreglass ?does it all split and crack !

what wud u do ?

Cheers
Ben

[Edited on 120102 by Ben- (yorkshire)]
Andy Morley

28th Jun 03 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fill the top of the arches with fibre glass then ya can screw or rivet throught em

this also stops them from flexing and they are alot more secure
O2re

28th Jun 03 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it possible to fit the front arch and side skirt so you can take off the front fenders?
Kris TD

29th Jun 03 at 00:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andy Morley
fill the top of the arches with fibre glass then ya can screw or rivet throught em

this also stops them from flexing and they are alot more secure

this is what im doin,
Kris TD

29th Jun 03 at 00:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by O2re
is it possible to fit the front arch and side skirt so you can take off the front fenders?

yes it is possible,
Chris@Speedfreex

29th Jun 03 at 07:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for all those will wud still be in terested in the kits, my supplier is rebuilding the kit, so it has fittings,

so u will save ur self alot money, wen getting sprayed and fitted, as u will be able to fit the kit a piece of piss,

also keep ya eyes out for a new model of the kit
O2re

29th Jun 03 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chris , to me the problem is to get the kit at all
glasgow_corsa_c

29th Jun 03 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by O2re
Chris , to me the problem is to get the kit at all

a bit like if u go thru desmond/dan off of here , eh guys ?!
Ben
Banned

29th Jun 03 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh been thinking of doin that ! i am gonna put filler on the inside and bend mesh into it (if u know what i mean) and then smooth filler over top for extra holding! been thinking also riviting a piece od sheet metal to the bottom of the front ! what u rekon , just thought it wud make it bit stonger and chris(speedfreex) whats the new kit like ? , is it a new shape? or just different fittingd , also how do u put front bumper on ? , do u just drill a hole in the bit that comes out? and so they crack around bot(wud it b best if i used some plates ,like big washers? also any1 ever painted there kit? as am gonna have a crack at it! what shud i do from how it came to me?

Ta Ben
koni

29th Jun 03 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Use angle iron on the sills to hold the skirts, Rivet the angle iron to the sills and and bond and rivet the skirts to the angle iron.
The arches cant be screwed/bolted or riveted on, there is no flange on them to make this possible, unless u make ur own return flange. So basically your left with the choice of dond them on with fibreglass resin, or bond them on with fibreglass resin
Ben
Banned

29th Jun 03 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gonna fill em wi fiber glass i think ! no am on about bolting front bumber on? as i think i will be too heavy and will end up pulling over bolt!
koni

29th Jun 03 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bolts are the way to go mate, thats the correct way! a 10mm bolt with 2 big washers at either side of the bumper mount, and a nut over that with maybe some silicone over it to prevent it from vibrating off! .

Ben
Banned

29th Jun 03 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok i will do that , where exactly shud i drill it as it dint come wi holes in yeh am thinking of a big plate on inside with a thin bolt wi a big head on it to stop it pulling through , i will also stick some silicone on it too like ya sed t they a bitch to fit and do i have to blend arches in to car? as i dont rly wanna do this as cant afford a full respray and condition of paint on car is good too!
corsa_godfather

29th Jun 03 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah desmonds company are a piece of piss.hard to get in contact with and unreliable
Kris TD

29th Jun 03 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by koni
Use angle iron on the sills to hold the skirts, Rivet the angle iron to the sills and and bond and rivet the skirts to the angle iron.
The arches cant be screwed/bolted or riveted on, there is no flange on them to make this possible, unless u make ur own return flange. So basically your left with the choice of dond them on with fibreglass resin, or bond them on with fibreglass resin

or cover the car in klingfilm fill the tops with fibreglass resin and press on to get a shpae. then stick the archs on with tigerseal and then screw into the solid fibreglass from behind with self tappers. then smooth em in. thats what ive half done anyway.
O2re

29th Jun 03 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i guess i will bolt on the bumpers, use fiberglass on the skirts and arches , but i will make it possible to take off the front fenders (whit the arches on).
this is if i ever get hold of this kit

but what do you do to the plastic locarys inside the front fenders ?
and how much lowering and what offset is needed ?

do you have to cut out much of the original arch ?
Ben
Banned

29th Jun 03 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont hav to cut out owt do ya!? just that lip and gives u a bit more space , offset of either 35 or betta 39! and dropped 40mm is low , as when they r on standard they r still low!

am gonna go 40mm i think although i considerd gettin gsi springs for it! which i think is 15mm lower than standard!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Who ever has a PSG wide arch kit! 22 database queries in 0.0090590 seconds