corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Moderating guidelines

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Moderating guidelines
Sam
Premium Member

User status: Offline
18th Jun 03 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are there any? If so, I would be interested to see them, and why are they not made publicly available?

If there aren't any, then WHY aren't there any?
andrewR

18th Jun 03 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anything else?
Corsa_Jam

18th Jun 03 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this post will be deleted like the rest!!!!
sxi boy

18th Jun 03 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i feel this question is valid
vibrio
Banned

18th Jun 03 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I feel you should read between the lines
Sam
Premium Member

18th Jun 03 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I'm being serious here. Yes there are occasions when certain threads take the piss and need to be binned, but certain person(s) on the moderating team seem to go on a power trip sometimes and delete threads because it doesn't agree with their sense of humour or whatever.

If people post dodgy stuff, they should be warned about this, and their post edited, not delete the whole damn thread (unless for example it was taking the piss out of someone or a group of people etc.
Ojc

18th Jun 03 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, I feel that I want to be intruded by you.
Mikorsa16v

sam for mod
Sam
Premium Member

quote:
Originally posted by Mikorsa16v
sam for mod

Not any more thanks!
vibrio
Banned

18th Jun 03 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I fel the frequency of thread deletion is directly propotional to the time spent online by Adam.
Sam
Premium Member

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Yes, I feel that I want to be intruded by you.

I feel that you are mistaking me for Stephen...
Sam
Premium Member

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
I fel the frequency of thread deletion is directly propotional to the time spent online by Adam.

Ian
Site Administrator

18th Jun 03 at 16:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a valid question. Guidelines do exist but only in so much that its fairly obvious what should stay and go and that anything dubious should be flagged up in the adminstrative forum for further discussion. Most all decisions that are not cut and dried are the result of discussion or in rare cases, the buck stopping at Pete, Tim or myself.

Regarding getting these written down - nice idea but it'd be 20 pages long and still not cover every eventuality. I'm sure the expression rings true here that if you make something idiot-proof, someone invents a new idiot.
vibrio
Banned

18th Jun 03 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

basically if it's crap or if it is attacking someone personally it gets trashed.
Steve
Premium Member

18th Jun 03 at 16:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and im that idiot
Sam
Premium Member

18th Jun 03 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But if people post crap in threads, unless the thread itself is aimed specifically at someone or a group of people, would it not be better to just warn the user of his/her actions and simply edit the post in the thread, instead of deleting the whole thread?

For example, I posted up a thread earlier with a pic of the Trash Can, and that was immediately deleted. I was not taking the piss out of anyone or any group of people, I just found it mildly amusing so I thought I'd post up a thread about it.

If moderators did this to all non-Corsa/car related threads, or threads that the moderator did not find amusing, then what is the point of having General Chat? There would be hardly any threads to look at!
vibrio
Banned

18th Jun 03 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes this is the problem. what is defined as general chat. I feel people take the internet too seriously. if it is regulars that are winding each other up then I see no reason to delete it
Daimo B

18th Jun 03 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lots of crap gets posted which is fine, but some members take it far too far, remove them, u remove the problem (till the next one
vibrio
Banned

18th Jun 03 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes why you;ve not been removed is beyond me
Steve
Premium Member

18th Jun 03 at 16:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sam
Premium Member

18th Jun 03 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
yes this is the problem. what is defined as general chat. I feel people take the internet too seriously. if it is regulars that are winding each other up then I see no reason to delete it

Agreed. Fair enough there have been a few threads personally having a go at Adam Petherick, but people are just messing about because of his approach to moderating (ie. "see something I don't like so I'll delete it"). Apart from that, no one really hates him or anything.
vibrio
Banned

18th Jun 03 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hate no one
Daimo B

18th Jun 03 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
But if people post crap in threads, unless the thread itself is aimed specifically at someone or a group of people, would it not be better to just warn the user of his/her actions and simply edit the post in the thread, instead of deleting the whole thread?

For example, I posted up a thread earlier with a pic of the Trash Can, and that was immediately deleted. I was not taking the piss out of anyone or any group of people, I just found it mildly amusing so I thought I'd post up a thread about it.

If moderators did this to all non-Corsa/car related threads, or threads that the moderator did not find amusing, then what is the point of having General Chat? There would be hardly any threads to look at!

Have to say i agree with that. Everyone is different and finds different things funny. And u get the 17+ year old ego boosted lot

AS i say though, some members take things far too far.
Daimo B

18th Jun 03 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
yes why you;ve not been removed is beyond me

Just like this

Think about it Vibrio, work it out. What do i own? A Corsa.
vibrio
Banned

18th Jun 03 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daimo B
quote:
Originally posted by Sam

Have to say i agree with that. Everyone is different and finds different things funny. And u get the 17+ year old ego boosted lot

AS i say though, some members take things far too far.

yes with threats of violence

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Moderating guidelines 22 database queries in 0.0167801 seconds