corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Calibra Leather interior.............

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Calibra Leather interior.............
Makarus

User status: Offline
14th Jun 03 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would that be the one with the nice supportive seats, and the leather you can take off the rear seat to fit to corsa back seat, and also the fronts go in straight swap??

Cheers,
Sean.

P.S Seems like a better alternative to fixed back buckets.
AndyW

14th Jun 03 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure.
Makarus

15th Jun 03 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for that.
AndyW

15th Jun 03 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Richie

15th Jun 03 at 02:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you need the subframes from the calibra and its just a bolt on swap. the rear seats just need the materials swapped.
MattyB

15th Jun 03 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Makarus
Would that be the one with the nice supportive seats, and the leather you can take off the rear seat to fit to corsa back seat, and also the fronts go in straight swap??

Cheers,
Sean.

Fronts go straight in. You use the CORSA subrframes, NOT the calibra ones. However, due to their width, some probs do occurs, but they are only minor (such as not being able to raise/lower the seat back due to the knob being pressed against the door).

Right....the rears. This conversion can only be done to corsas with 60/40 rear split. you then either have the choice of taking the material off, and putting it over the corsa seat. (Personally i wouldnt do this)

Otherwise, with a little help from an angle grinder and a hammer, you can get the actual seats to go straight in, without any recovering.

Door cards - dont go in at all. material is totally wrong shape, so u cud even recover. However, a nice touch i've seen some people do, is to take the padded rectangular patterned bit from the front door cards, and have them trimmed into the corsa door cards.

Oh, and i've wired all the heating up on my front seats, and its lovely on a cold winter mord . Although, at the mo, they aint used to much!!

Matt
Richie

15th Jun 03 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MattyB
quote:
Originally posted by Makarus

Cheers,
Sean.

Fronts go straight in. You use the CORSA subrframes, NOT the calibra ones. However, due to their width, some probs do occurs, but they are only minor (such as not being able to raise/lower the seat back due to the knob being pressed against the door).

Right....the rears. This conversion can only be done to corsas with 60/40 rear split. you then either have the choice of taking the material off, and putting it over the corsa seat. (Personally i wouldnt do this)

Otherwise, with a little help from an angle grinder and a hammer, you can get the actual seats to go straight in, without any recovering.

Door cards - dont go in at all. material is totally wrong shape, so u cud even recover. However, a nice touch i've seen some people do, is to take the padded rectangular patterned bit from the front door cards, and have them trimmed into the corsa door cards.

Oh, and i've wired all the heating up on my front seats, and its lovely on a cold winter mord . Although, at the mo, they aint used to much!!

Matt

dont know what ur on about, ive got calibra leather in my corsa, recovering the rear seats of the corsa with the calibra material took less than 20 minutes and looks wicked, so why you wouldnt do it ill never know, it doesnt bunch up or anything, it sits on it nicely.

Im using the calibra subframes in my car but if you've just informed the the corsa subframes wud have worked then i went thru a lot of unnecassary modifications!
Makarus

15th Jun 03 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I am going to pick the stuff up so will get the calibra subframes just in case.

I will try and get the back seats in without recovering, but recovering souns much much easier.

I will probably get the door cards retrimed in black leather to match it all up.
Scott

15th Jun 03 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u will need the calibra subframes at some point
Marc

15th Jun 03 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My m8s got calibra leather, didnt ave too much trouble fitting it.
Makarus

15th Jun 03 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why will I need them anyway Scott???
MattyB

15th Jun 03 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No - u simply bolt the Calibra seat to the corsa subframe. You DO NOT need the calibra subframe at ANY point, only if u wanna fit em back into a cally. Yes, AustinPxx, you went through alot of unnecassary modifications for no point.

Oh and recovering, i've heard stores of people doin similar conversion into a mk3 astras and into a Nova, and they have had a lot of trouble with recovering. I dont no the specifics, and this could just be a personal preferance, but i'd prefer to have the whole seat in there as vaux built. I'm handy with angle grinder, hammer etc and seen what has to be done. 30 mins max. Oh, and u get to keep ur old rear bench for future use/replacement etc.

Matt
Scott

15th Jun 03 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well my threoy woudl have been - corsa subframes made for corsa seats not calibra

calibra frames made for calibra seats !

chop the corsaframe in 2 throwing away the mouting part , do the same with the calibra except keep the mouting part and weld them 2gether !

thats the way i would have done it if i hadnt tried it b4
MattyB

15th Jun 03 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well fortunately, the calibra seat has EXACTLY the same mounting points as the corsa seat, and so u can use the corsa subframe.

This means u can keep your height adjust ment, under seat storage tray etc.

Oh and if u've got a 1993 1.2 LS, the wires will be under the carpet to hook the heated seats up to

Matt
Makarus

15th Jun 03 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah mine is a 1997 Post face lift 1.2 LS, but I will hopefully find it, I will then need a switch for it.
MattyB

15th Jun 03 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've got both switchs, and connector block for the back, and a tiny bit of loom available if u wanted to buy it in a couple of weeks.

Cost me £48 all that!

Matt
Scott

15th Jun 03 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well if they are the same mounting , then u wont need them - i just expected the corsa and calibra to be different
barry_kellett99

21st Jun 03 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you not take the material from the front calibra seats and put it on the corsa front seats like the rear then?
SRi_m00k

12th Oct 03 at 01:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when u say bout usin angle grinder for the rear what exactly is it ur choppin to get em to fit??
Willox

30th Jun 07 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh i dont get what the angle grinder n a hammer is being used on? sorry to drag up such an old thread
Jenko_Sport

30th Jun 07 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just remove the leather from the calibre seats and recover the corsa benches, take under half an hour to do
lil_g

30th Jun 07 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How do you refit the leather over the bench?
I mean what holds it down?
Jenko_Sport

30th Jun 07 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres little clips but around the top it is abit loose so for a better result your best glue'ing from the centre and stretching it outwards if that makes any sense.

When i redo my rears ill do a tutorial on it
lil_g

30th Jun 07 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate will be doing this I think
Jenko_Sport

30th Jun 07 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depending on my recovery i may do it next weekend

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Calibra Leather interior............. 22 database queries in 0.1843040 seconds