corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » wondering bout the alloy surround

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author wondering bout the alloy surround
bubbleball

User status: Offline
12th Jun 03 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

has ne one brought one of those alloy surrounds of cobra 148

have u noticed it doesnt fill the surround around the dials properly or am i putting it in wrong...because i can still c the grey surround....

i took the perspex of and layed the metal alloy on top ...do u have to glue it and bend it down to stick it to the surround face?
cobra148

12th Jun 03 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've replied to your u2u, still baffled about the grey dash though
animality-gt

12th Jun 03 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get pics up and we wil no wat ur talkin bout!
vauxtillidie

12th Jun 03 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know wot he means by grey dash cus the later model sports have grey dial surrounds or some did neway, i used to have the same dials in mine and i know someone else who has them too, they were also fitted to the tigra's which is where mine were from.

neway in this pic where u can still see bit of black round the dials i wonder if he is expecting it to cover this bit too

i havent fitted mine yet so i cant really say whether it fits or not, i have no doubts tho really as i assume they are all the same so how can some fit and not others!

cobra148

12th Jun 03 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He has a '98 Sport the same as me but I've not seen a car with a grey fascia unless he means the Tigra type where the clocks and warning lights are recessed into the plastic. If this is the case, I would of thought it would still be the same size as the regular flat type fascia?
The size of the alloy surrounds is the same and there is no variation between them.
Here is one fitted to Rob H's car, looks fine to me, and he's happy with it..
vauxtillidie

12th Jun 03 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

actually just realised mate, ur rite he probably has the tigra type ones (which i have seen fitted in some sports too) they mite be slightly different tho, my mate drives a '98 R Sport he has them in his. ill bare that in mind then when i hunt for some rev counter dials. i agree that pic above luks sweet, there spot on.

New Poll