corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » tracer

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author tracer
purple_corsa

User status: Offline
8th Jun 03 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can anyone tell me if it is possible to trace someone by using there ip address???someone please help
LoudCorsa

8th Jun 03 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not really

chaz

http://www.woah.co.uk
Cybermonkey

8th Jun 03 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes. Look for a program called Neotrace. http://download.com.com/3000-2172-7139158.html?legacy=cnet

Type in ip address and it will search back through each node until source is found. Badger, you know nothing yet again.

Dave
LoudCorsa

8th Jun 03 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

badger? - what the fook?

it will only go back to their isp - which is gonna be somewhere not related to where they actually are - and the ISP is bound by the data protection act not to disclos that info - so unless you are the FBI and can pull a few strings the answer is no you cant trace someone through their IP address so GTF Cybermonkey

chaz

purple_corsa

8th Jun 03 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i found something i downloaded it and it worked its called ip lookup....sorry but it looks like you were wrong actually
Steve
Premium Member

8th Jun 03 at 14:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why neway?
purple_corsa

8th Jun 03 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

long story cut short another site like this people using different names and going around annoying people i want to know who they are thats all there is a reward out for there identity
Nismo

8th Jun 03 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it all depends if the IP's dynamic or static
purple_corsa

8th Jun 03 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why do you have to be a smart arse why cant you just explain
corb

8th Jun 03 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how do u find out someones 'IP' then?(whatever that is!!)
LoudCorsa

8th Jun 03 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u still will never get a phyiscal address form an ip tho - it will be the ISP's - you could get a companies addy off of it - or whoever a domain is regstered to with that IP but at the end of te day the average user connected to an ISP with a dialup/dsl connection you will never trace their physical locetion with an IP addy

chaz

Cybermonkey

8th Jun 03 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can always get as far back as the original source, not the ISP location numbnut. Neotrace is what the FBI use anyway and is available to the public. It works perfectly evertime.
digitalbanana

8th Jun 03 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LoudCorsa
badger? - what the fook?

it will only go back to their isp - which is gonna be somewhere not related to where they actually are - and the ISP is bound by the data protection act not to disclos that info - so unless you are the FBI and can pull a few strings the answer is no you cant trace someone through their IP address so GTF Cybermonkey

chaz

Neotrace will give details geographically of where an IP is....or at least to the nearest datacentre that is on the route. I can IP trace my server right to the town in florida...just using neotrace. takes 2 secs....ok it aint that accurate...but it gets u a rough idea.
Nismo

8th Jun 03 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some people chat some top horse waste
flipmo

8th Jun 03 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey24
I can always get as far back as the original source, not the ISP location numbnut. Neotrace is what the FBI use anyway and is available to the public. It works perfectly evertime.

lmfao sorry but that is utter bollox neotrace is a pile of shit that will never trace anyone back to their location by their isp you will just end up with their ip's server location and i seriously doubt the fbi would use something as uninforative and as lame as neotrace
Nismo

9th Jun 03 at 07:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'll second that
Adam

13th Apr 04 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hehehe
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Apr 04 at 14:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you're lucky you can do alright from IP but you'll generally need the full co-operation of a number of people. The worse case scenario if you only have web logs is that your target is behind a cache. You can do nothing with this short of ask the ISP for more detail and even if you have that, you'll still need to ask very nicely for them to tell you who signed up the account.

It'd be illegal for them to do this of course.

RIPE records are useful but only if you get an abuse team who don't ignore emails like most of the larger providers.

Having said that, I've known people be taken out of classrooms and put on immediate academic disciplinary on the spot. One lad was actually removed from a uni partially due to involvement in trouble on CS.

I like academic networks

Incidently, I just installed NeoTrace and it was 200 miles out on my personal location and about 50 away from the CS server, and thats with as much information as I could give it.

I wouldn't pin your last hopes on that software and I'd certainly hope the FBI doesn't trust it too much
Nismo

13th Apr 04 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we had a look at it and laughed are tits off , even Visual Trace is better than that.
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Apr 04 at 15:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It thinks my router is in Birmingham

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » tracer 22 database queries in 0.0143130 seconds