corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 17 inch & lowering

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 17 inch & lowering
Corsa CDX

User status: Offline
5th Jun 03 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello,

I'm new to this site and i need your help i've got a 5 door corsa which i want to fit 17 inch alloy's onto & lower it,how low can i go without any arch modification the alloy size will be 7 by 17 and the tyre size will be 205/40/17 also what would be the best lowering kit for this car...............

Many thank's in advance's
digitalbanana

5th Jun 03 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think the answer u'll get is you can lower it 40mi...depending on the offset. et45-49 are needed for vaux. but most likely u'll need to remove the arch bolts on at least one arch and bond them back on.
Gambit

5th Jun 03 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

send a u2u to KrisTD he'll give you all the answers u need, he has a five door on 17's and lowered 60mm
Kris TD

5th Jun 03 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

without arch modifications on a 5 door, not a chance mate. had to butcher my archs to get 17's on. let alone dropping it 60mm, although i can now carry 5 people with no rubbing atall.

http://groups.msn.com/krispringle/exterior.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=38

tak a look at that pic, the fronts dont rub and i havent done anything to them, its the backs that caused the problems as the wheels hit the inner archs, not the outer archs like they do on 3 doors.
Kris TD

5th Jun 03 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://groups.msn.com/markpringle/carmods.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=60

thats it with standard rear archs lowered 60mm

oh it used to rub with just me in the car lowered 35mm when i first got 17's and that was with none of those plastic archs on the car.

[Edited on 05-06-2003 by Kris TD]
Corsa CDX

5th Jun 03 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Guy's & thanks for the info Kris TD

[Edited on 05-06-2003 by Corsa CDX]
TOMAS

5th Jun 03 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Easy to get 60mm but not comfortable.... im down 70mm front, 60mm rear with 17's on my five door. It NEVER catches but is very bumpy. You have to use Powerflex bumpstops and mod them slightly to so that you are just sitting off the bumpstops by a couple of mill's. You need to also do all the usual, removing the top THREE bolts from the rear arch's and also shaving approx 5mm off of the plastic lip on the arch. I also slightly knocked out the metal arch on the back with a mallet but only about 4mm outwards which i dont think was needed.
Kris TD

6th Jun 03 at 07:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

basically like mine except i had to cut the metal work too as it still caught.

New Poll