corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Slightly different one...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Slightly different one...
PaulW

User status: Offline
   24th May 03 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm after details/diagrams/drawings, what ever really, or the floor-pan layout & chassis layout for the Corsa B (93-96), and Calibra Turbo 4x4. Also need diagrams of the 4x4 system used on the Calibra (prop shaft, tunneling, mounts, suspension on rear, etc...)
Can anyone shed any light on this for me?? I'm at a dead end!!

[Edited on 24-05-2003 by PaulW]
essexracer

24th May 03 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try vaux?
BeArDy

24th May 03 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are u after doing 4x4?
if so this may help
Used 4x4 system from Calibra Turbo.
Increased front track with of corsa so that it is the same as the calibras. (as using calibra driveshafts all round)
Removed steering rack & refitted 30mm higher up bulkhead so as to clear transferbox. Still very tight though.
Fabricated new lower crossmember to accept rear gearbox mount.

Rear- cut original corsa floor pan out to behind front seats. Weld in Calibra floor pan to mount original calibra independant rear suspension & diff. Petrol tank fabricated in boot.

Prop shaft shortened by 180mm. (taken from the the third section of the shaft at the rear diff end).

It is possible to do, but involves a lot of time to make parts, fit them, remove them, modifiy them then refit them etc.
fearless

24th May 03 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How do know that will work BeArDy - Move steering rack !!! Easier said than done - wouldn't this cause bump steer !!!
U sound like you might have done this conversion - LOL

New Poll