corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What should i do?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What should i do?
LoudandProud

User status: Offline
23rd May 03 at 00:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im soon to be transferring my sounds from my corsa to a clio (when i get it) and i have noticed that i can have my subs in ported boxes aswell as sealed, i know sealed give u deeper bass and ported are punchier, but my mates got 2 kicker impulse subs which are rated half the power of mine (infinity perfect 12.1) and are quite deep for what they are and punchy! so should i do a new install with ported boxes or keep the one i got and not bother
DanielJ

23rd May 03 at 00:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i reckon u shud swap me them 4 my fone
Tim
Site Administrator

23rd May 03 at 00:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I never rated the tightness of my old ported box. You can drive a sealed box much harder as you have a lot more control over the excursion of the speaker...

Personally I'd stick with sealed. Have been tempted by some high-order bandpass boxes though -- can give volume and great sound by the design needs to be spot on...

You sure your current sealed box is matched to the sub's right?
LoudandProud

23rd May 03 at 00:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes they need to be 1 cubic foot sealed and thats what they are i mean there fooking loud made my ears pop! couldnt hear me other halfs dad talking to me that well the other day! i need to do a new install as this one is perfect fit box for a corsa boot its nuttin special but leaves alot of boot space still.
CRB 553

23rd May 03 at 01:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

erm....ii think u might find ported give deeper bass, and sealed give u more definition

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What should i do? 22 database queries in 0.0147099 seconds