corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » I was wondering if any of you would be willing to help (Parts to Australia)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I was wondering if any of you would be willing to help (Parts to Australia)
Stuey

User status: Offline
22nd May 03 at 01:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey guys,
Got a big favour to ask, I have a 94 GSi and my vehicle was originally fitted with manual winding adjustment headlights. I have recently replaced them with aftermarket ones from PVD but these units are designed to be used with the electronic headlight adjusters. I'm not to sure as to what I need to do a conversion, but my biggest problem is the parts I need were never released here in Australia (ie the Aussie GSi's were never fitted with this option).

I have tried e-mailing a few UK based wreckers to make a few enquiries but it seems my request falls into the too hard basket as I have had no replies. I was wondering if any of you UK users would be willing to help me out by sending over the parts I need? I imagine Vauxhall new parts would cost a packet (so I would prefer them from a scrappy). I assume the parts I need are the two headlight motors, the dashboard switch (which needs to be in good condition as this is the part you see!)...possibly a relay....anything I am missing?

Anyway, if someone thinks they could help, please let me know. I would be really grateful. I would discuss payment etc in an email later if anyone replies to this. I know this is a big ask but it seems like a last resort.

What makes this whole thing worse is my headlights are full of water because it is getting in through the hole where the motors are supposed to go and my headlights are pointing to the heavens because I can’t adjust them and angle them down.

Any input appreciated.

Thankyou.

Stuart.
wassup2002

22nd May 03 at 04:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you tried ebay dude? the uk one? im sure sumone was breaking a corsa on there. ill have a look later when im not busy. BUSY 5:23AM in the morning u say?!?! nah listen to the sock ive got to go and start this frigging moped of mine or sit in the house all day board! hahhaa ahem
daveyb

22nd May 03 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

were you at in perth mate? got relations there, living in Bayswater and Forrestfield. Been there a couple of times myself!
Stuey

22nd May 03 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I grew up in Lynwood/Willetton, and I have now just built a house with my fiancee in a new suburb called Bertram (near Rockingham).

[Edited on 22-05-2003 by Stuey]
daveyb

22nd May 03 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know where Rockingham is, never heard of the others though. Love the car mate!

[Edited on 22-05-2003 by daveyb]
ainsley_brader

23rd May 03 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could get away with just the two motors and then set them up manually. Would then work as manual headlights. You will never use the switch inside the cra anyway.

Ainsley
O2re

26th May 03 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

U2U sendt

New Poll