corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Fusion subs???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fusion subs???
MIDZ_CORSA

User status: Offline
21st May 03 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ne body know if the Fusion Johna Lomu 15" ne gud?? plus ne body heard of Digital Design subs?? if so they any good??
Fear

21st May 03 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The johna lomu's are good from what i have heard of them and seen, but they are fecking heavy and need a BIG solid heavy box to put them in!!!!!
LoudCorsa

21st May 03 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i was down at a local stereo shop where they had fitted a lomo in a car with the matching lomu amp and the sub had blown - so the guy replaced the amp and sub only he got a genesis amp - the sub proceded to go pop again taking the amp with it - genisis are hand built (apparently) and the guy came from genesis to se what the problem was and he said that it was coz fusion stuff was sh!t

now i dunno what his deal was but the guy worked for an ampcompany - oh well.

i have no experience of fusion - i do like some of their green cones etc but i will alwasy be a kicker man myself

chaz

http://www.woah.co.uk
corb

21st May 03 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fusion have that green beetle hitting silly db levels at the moment.

Digital Designs - HELL YEAH. I could go on all day about DD subs. Their 9515 is awesome and the 9717 and 9715 are also pretty mean pieces of equipment. I think they're ace If you have the power to throw at it, get a 9515 and feed it about 2000RMS or 1500RMS for daily driving.
SteveW

22nd May 03 at 08:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As corb has already said, the DD subs are wicked. Really powerful monsters. These are the subs that Geoff uses in the Firestarter VW van. That hits high 160's. he uses the 18" ones and has Zapco amp it think.

Fusion seem to be good subs, one 15" sub hits in at around 150dB. WOW. I have never used them so i dont know BUT for me its either :
JL Audio
RE XXX
DD

Steve.
corb

22nd May 03 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Geoff's are 17". They are the 9717 or "The Beast" as DD call it.
MIDZ_CORSA

22nd May 03 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok so ill prob go for a DD 9515 in my corsa, are the 3515s any good??? and cos il be spending so much on the sub, wot decent prised amp wud u go for to power these mothas. oh another thing will i need a big box for the 9515 as they reccomend ported boxes. cheers
MIDZ_CORSA

22nd May 03 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh by the way corb wot amp is it u selling mate
corb

22nd May 03 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

amp no longer for sale, sorry. Ive seen a box for one of those 9515's before, strengthening braces fukin everywhere!! If you build it yourself, they recommend slot ports and a strong as hell inch thick mdf box.
ThugSTar910

25th May 03 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah those 15'' jonah lomu subs are kickin, but personally i'd go for 12's as they have a larger range of notes giving you better all around bass although 15's will give you the much lower pounding notes but sound crap when the higher bass notes come in, 2 12's and a 15 for the girls

New Poll