corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Major Scrubbing on 16" lowered 40mm

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Major Scrubbing on 16" lowered 40mm
SilverSport1.4

User status: Offline
   18th May 03 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just dropped my car 40mm today on a Gmax sports kit and it is low as phuck and the arches are pretty much sat on the wheels! The wheels are 16" by 7" with a 45profile tyre and are supposed to be ET45. I thought this drop would be easily achievable without nedding to do any arch work? Has anyone else had the same problems????
What should I do? was gonna remove the plastic arch liners but they seem to be rubbing more towards the outside of the arch.
Kris TD

18th May 03 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take off the plastic rear archs, remove the top 2 bolts, glue arch back on at top and bolt back on on the other bolts, nomore rubbing.
p4ult

18th May 03 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Strange
Ive droped mine the same as urs, 40mm, g-max and on 16's and have no probs what so ever.
The only thing i can think of is how wide are ur tyres, I am running 195. if u have 205 or bigger this may be causing the probs
shteeve

18th May 03 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey, my mate has a corsa C with a psg wide arch kit etc rolling on 225/40/17. he has had it lowered 40mm and we noticed that when we take people in the back and turn right he gets a scrubbing noise coming from the back left. it seems to be fine with two people goin through corners and over bumps and i aint sure where the noise could be coming from.. any ideas guys?
Nath

18th May 03 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dropping my car 60 on 16's soon
Blazer

18th May 03 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i also have 16's and a 40mm drop with gmax spring, i have no problems what so ever even with 3 people in the back, i think the problem has to be how wide ur tyres are, mine are 195/45/16
Kris TD

19th May 03 at 08:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shteeve
hey, my mate has a corsa C with a psg wide arch kit etc rolling on 225/40/17. he has had it lowered 40mm and we noticed that when we take people in the back and turn right he gets a scrubbing noise coming from the back left. it seems to be fine with two people goin through corners and over bumps and i aint sure where the noise could be coming from.. any ideas guys?

the problem is he has 225 tyres. the wheels will be rubbing on the metal inner arch, not much you can do about it other than get rid of those silly sized tyres.
Jason Iles

19th May 03 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Get him to check the offset of the wheel if it is et45 or higher, he will need 205/40/R17 tyres as I have 17's on mine et45 lowered -40mm and with a full load up it still doesn't rub. If the offset is lower he will need to get some better suited wheels
shteeve

19th May 03 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J 11ESY

Get him to check the offset of the wheel if it is et45 or higher, he will need 205/40/R17 tyres as I have 17's on mine et45 lowered -40mm and with a full load up it still doesn't rub. If the offset is lower he will need to get some better suited wheels

right mate, checked again and they are 205/40/17 with the correct offset for a corsa c. so where did you think that the rubbing would be as i only noticed it on turning right so the weight would be shifting to the rear left.. and i cant see any signs of contact on the arches or tyre.
Juni0r

19th May 03 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Daz, you can have my 15's as soon as the V2s are on!!!
Adam_B

19th May 03 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SilverSport1.4
Just dropped my car 40mm today on a Gmax sports kit and it is low as phuck and the arches are pretty much sat on the wheels! The wheels are 16" by 7" with a 45profile tyre and are supposed to be ET45. I thought this drop would be easily achievable without nedding to do any arch work? Has anyone else had the same problems????
What should I do? was gonna remove the plastic arch liners but they seem to be rubbing more towards the outside of the arch.

Very strange. U sure u havent got the 60mm kit ? Did u buy it off someone who knows what there on about ?
SilverSport1.4

19th May 03 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah its def the 40mm kit. They are a decent company and it said on the springs but it is fucking low!
Anyone got pics of their 16's on -40mm??????
Cheers for everyones help.
What glue should i use for the arches?
AdiSRI

19th May 03 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i hear that GMAX often lower MUCH further than they say, whereas with APEX like i have it lowers nothing like as far as it says LOL
SilverSport1.4

19th May 03 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is much lower than I expected!!!!
Adam_B

19th May 03 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my old G-max kit didnt say on the springs ? I only know this cos i sold some springs recently and the fella wanted to double check.

Is it lower than this one om a 60mm Gmax kit ? -

2.0corsa
Banned

20th May 03 at 08:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well av always had the same problem, even when a had 15's on so a took a nice thick pipe for rolling n a nice heavy hammer to it,the pipe to roll the lip of the arch n the hammer to bray the arch in further up inside but a had to cos a drpped it 60mm on 38 offset,7ich wide split rims with 205/40/17's. a can get a full load in now n it "just" scrapes a lil bit (depending on how big the people are),lol" n the wheel goes right up into the arch now with little fuss! myn is lower on the front but probs wit the weight of the 2.0!

[Edited on 20-05-2003 by 2.0corsa]
SilverSport1.4

20th May 03 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Adam- the wheels fill the arches a bit more but its probably about the same height. Its supposedly a 40m kit tho!!
SilverSport1.4

20th May 03 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Adam- the wheels fill the arches a bit more but its probably about the same height. Its supposedly a 40m kit tho!!
SilverSport1.4

20th May 03 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much were those wings btw?
Gonna try removing the bolts and gluing arches on this morning but not sure what glue 2 use.
Jason Iles

20th May 03 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by J 11ESY

right mate, checked again and they are 205/40/17 with the correct offset for a corsa c. so where did you think that the rubbing would be as i only noticed it on turning right so the weight would be shifting to the rear left.. and i cant see any signs of contact on the arches or tyre.

Sounds more like the brakes are rubbing than the wheels from what you've said. If you sure the wheels aren't touching the arch anywhere check the pads and discs for scoring. If it ain't that i'm lost

Jace
dannycorsa c

20th May 03 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im wanting some tsw rims for my corsa C 17" they only do a 42 offset would this be ok ona corsa C lowered 30mm on eibach springs with 205 40 17 tyres

[Edited on 20-05-2003 by dannycorsa c]
Jason Iles

20th May 03 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannycorsa c
im wanting some tsw rims for my corsa C 17" they only do a 42 offset would this be ok ona corsa C lowered 30mm on eibach springs with 205 40 17 tyres

[Edited on 20-05-2003 by dannycorsa c]

They will be fine with a -30mm drop
dannycorsa c

20th May 03 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sweet might trundle up to wheelbase today yay
dannycorsa c

20th May 03 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

buy now pay 6 months later sounds good 2 me
Jason Iles