corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » lowerin 60mm on 17's

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author lowerin 60mm on 17's
c0rsa_1

User status: Offline
17th May 03 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im thinkin of gettin some 17's & want 2 lower it 60mm on g-max or apex sus kit, does anyone know wat work exactly is needed & how much it would cost 2 get done???
Plymouth_Corsa

18th May 03 at 00:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you want to lower it 60mm you will need uprated shocks, and make sure they are actually uprated and lowered shocks rather then painted up standard ones in shiny logo's...reason being that a corsa will not lower 60mm without them, the shocks will only let the car go down 40mm because the shock is simply to long. (if that makes sense).
c0rsa_1

18th May 03 at 00:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would it be etter to lower 40mm than 60mm even if i get uprated shocks, & if i lowerd it 60mm wat extra work would be needed 2 archs2 a 40mm drop??
TOMAS

18th May 03 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With STANDARD corsa REAR dampers you can go down 90mm EASILY before the shock has issues of being too long... How ever it wont do much of a job of damping, more like po-go stick action lol.
Im down 70mm well 'into' the bumpstops with uprated shocks and 17's, the ride is horrendous! If you want to look low AND keep practicality i'd recomend 40mm. Lower doesnt always mean better handeling, 40mm is about 'best' for handling. I noticed that Donna's show car isnt seriously low but its a multi-show-winner.
Kris TD

18th May 03 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

apex 60mm springs dont lower 60mm go for gmax. my apex 60mm springs went down about 30 at the rear so i changed them for pi ones, sank much more.
c0rsa_1

18th May 03 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well im thnkin of gettin the spring & shock kit for like£200, i have a psg cobat 2 front bumper so would i be better of lowering mine 40mm or would 60mm be better??? & im thinkin of gettting some wolfrace urban racer 7's the new vesions in shadow chrome does ne one know if they do a reasonable offset??
Plymouth_Corsa

18th May 03 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get some FK sports shocks and springs or FK coilovers, the advert is in total vauxhall mag, and they are good prices, even there black grills are just £40 where as most other places are £100 odd.

New Poll