corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » So what's everyones story?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author So what's everyones story?
nathy_87

User status: Offline
7th Sep 23 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I keep popping back here every now and again and nice to see nothing's changed drastically, so what's everyone's story up too now?

Mine, I split up with that girl I had a house with (House Day), moved back home for a year, got made redundant after 19yrs at a job got a crap pay out for that too, met another girl who lived miles away and has a daughter, got a job in Accountancy for 6 months decided to pack that in - not my thing, then moved in with the new girlfriend in Surrey and got a job a month later. Sold my Juke earlier this year bought an electric mountain bike - as it's only 4 miles each way so decided to opt for that and now girlfriend is due to pop a baby out any day now. Still no Corsa, however if I was needing a runaround/winter hack, I'd probably look for another Corsa B. So been bit of a whirlwind the past couple of years!

Nice to see Ian has kept the site alive still even with the lack of traffic coming through, I wonder if he'll ever ditch it?
Andrew

7th Sep 23 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finished uni, got a job in IT Support for an MSP. Went out on my own for a bit but got offered a decent salary for another MSP I still work for 10 years later (pay is now a bit crap). In the meantime, got married, had 2 kids, got divorced as she cheated . Was staying happily single but then gave in to my kids nursery teacher during lockdown. I've not got 2 boys and a girl There is no more!!

Managed to keep the house and flat by the skin of my teeth.

Still got the VW Touran, misses Fabia VRs, a VW T25 (needs a lot of work) and a Corsa e I get through work.

Still here to tell the story and that I am grateful for!
Shane

12th Sep 23 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Left home in Hertfordshire and moved in with Kerry and Luke in Norfolk, stayed there for a while. Ended up meeting girl and moved in with her, she wanted to go to Uni in Kent so we moved down. She ended up being a complete nut job and we split. I stayed in Kent, joined plenty of fish and met my now wife in the first day on there she was the second person I spoke to, have a step daughter who is 16, my son who is 11 and my youngest son is 9. Currently drive a 72 reg Nissan Leaf

Hard times though, for the last 4 years my wife has battled stage 4 breast cancer, we have recently found out its progressed to her brain, she has been given 6 to 12 months. I have defiantly had to put my big boy pants on and act like a grown up.
SetH

12th Sep 23 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah Shane, so sorry to hear that fella. Sending hugs your way
Shane

12th Sep 23 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbf this website shaped my life more than I would have ever realised it would have!

From owning a 5 door Corsa as my second car to moving to Norfolk for mad parties and shaving Tony's eyebrow!

It put me on the path I'm on. I've met my 'one' I don't regret that no matter the hardship my family currently has. We have had some bloody good times. I just wish my kids did t have the hardship that's on the horizon. They dont deserve that
DannyB
Premium Member

13th Sep 23 at 14:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still in the same house, been there nearly 17 years now. Job wise I was running a service/repair garage up here, left after 5 years to go and be a prisoner custody officer with G4S, left after 3 years as the company were beyond terrible. Job was great though. Back running a service/repair place for the last 7 years. Same mrs for 4 and a half years. Car wise my every day car is a little 1.6 diesel Zetec S Fiesta, my commute is 27 miles each way so 67mpg is welcomed. I've built a 335bhp Ecoboost MK6 ST150 Fiesta which gets its dinner every weekend so that's fun. Still keep in touch with a number of folk off here regularly. Had a nice little £10k win on a competition page last week which was nice 38 now and still fucking about with cars, do a bit of buying/selling on the side for extra pennies. Life is good, no complaints.
corb

26th Sep 23 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Decided England sucked ass, me and the Mrs moved to Canada in 2018.

Still have the Corsa, it arrived here last December. Daily is a 2013 GMC Terrain which is about to expire any day now!
Brett
Premium Member

14th Oct 23 at 08:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Miss the bants on here, was never bored when CS was active Hey everyone

EDIT: Ian, can you just make everyone premium now so I can change my avatar pretty please

[Edited on 14-10-2023 by Brett]
Ian
Site Administrator

28th Oct 23 at 23:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nathy_87
wonder if he'll ever ditch it?

Nope
spencer88

2nd Nov 23 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corb

Still have the Corsa, it arrived here last December. Daily is a 2013 GMC Terrain which is about to expire any day now!

Which part of Canada and how is it going?

Me? Not much, bought house, did house up, sold house, bought another, doing it up, will then sell.

So had money, got money, but no money. Add it up if you're an adder.
DannyB
Premium Member

2nd Nov 23 at 10:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by spencer88

I got howse got car, muney low but still hav loads ov muney but no muney.
Ian
Site Administrator

2nd Nov 23 at 19:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
I got howse got car, muney low but still hav loads ov muney but no muney.

Classic
LukesCorsaSXi

16th Nov 23 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Almost 30 now, mortgage, married, first kid on the way. Currently have an Arden Blue C20XE B. My brother (DansCorsaSXI) has a Black C20XE B and we have quite a few friends who still have or have recently purchased B's again. Just trying to get ShaunMods to get his out the garage where it's been sat for 10 odd years!
SetH

2nd Dec 23 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought its about time I update my exploits.

So since 2014 I have worked as an IT contractor, moving away from technical roles into project management and more recently programme management. Delivered projects for Defence, Banking, Energy, NHS and some Uni's and have worked for IBM, Microsoft, DXC and Hewlett Packard. Great money on contract rates... BUT I absolutely hate it with a passion and looking to move into something else. It really has been a case of stick with it as the money is so good but it's soul destroying, no passion for it and since Covid managing people has become infinitely more difficult and draining for a whole myriad of reasons.

I have had several trips to Thailand, like many fell in love with the place. Had a few '2 week millionaire baller' holiday then tried a couple of long stints where I managed to work remotely being paid a western salary. Those times in Thailand were truly epic but they make the Visa situation very tricky and they literally move the goal posts every week. Best option is a retirement visa but you need to be 50, they are working on a 'digital nomad' visa but keep moving the goal posts.

I cannot even begin to express my disdain for the UK now and physically feel pained living here although this is a whole different conversation. I am working on a plan to re-skill myself (go more technical again) and move away from management. There seem to be more opportunities for Dev's to work remotely then project managers, once I get this rolling I plan to work remotely from various South East Asian Countries.

In 2018 I attempted a childhood dream to become a commercial pilot at the ripe old age of 42! I spent months preparing, relearning maths, practicing for the selections tests/interviews. By some miracle I managed to beat huge competition and pass selection and was offered a conditional contract with Easyjet to train as a first office on the A320 with a job at the end of training. This is quite rare for someone of my age and everyone else on the course was early 20's. However when Covid hit Easyjet invoked the 'small print' and could not guarantee to honour the job offers for cadets. I think about 60% of air crews were made redundant at that time, given that the cost of the training was £109,000 I decided to withdraw as I was at real risk of ending up with a shiny licence and no job. Being 42 added to that risk and it was a difficult decision, dream dead... The industry seems to have recovered somewhat and cadet opportunities are opening up, however I am 46 in January and even if I managed to pull of the feat of making selection again I would be 48,49 when I start flying. It would be a very short career, terms and conditions are at an all time low so 2nd/1st officers on budget airlines make fuck all and I could struggle financially with a potentially bleak retirement. So I've moved on from that dream

Did the whole MIGTOW thing for a while, I really did get sick of western women and their demands & attitudes. However 3 years ago I got talking to a gym bunny in my gym, really clicked and been with her for 3 years. I still do not want kids and neither does she, I have 3 nephews now so the pressure of continuing the family line is no longer there. Gfriend was a Solicitor but is retraining to teach English, she is onboard with the South East Asia dream and hopefully she can secure a decent teaching gig in an international school.

As much as I love Thai women they come with a whole different set of issues and grief I've had enough relationships to know that my current girl is a good one and worth hanging on too.

Currently in another F82 M4 competition, its an individual with some nice options. However I have lost the passion for the car scene and driving as a whole. Driving in the UK now is just painful and a complete chore. When I get to SEA I simply will not need a car and will not miss it one bit.

Still a gym head, 25 years of pumping Iron and still going strong. ROIDZ for the win!

I am not on any social media, it truly is poison, toxicity, divisiveness and hate and IMO has fucking ruined humanity.

I miss the old CS days and the 00's, truly amazing times where I was excited to get out of bed each day.

Only person I keep in contact with from CS is OJC tbh, so many characters from the years that I miss talking to though.

To anyone still visiting this forum I hope that you are all well and enjoying life
nathy_87

20th Dec 23 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by nathy_87
wonder if he'll ever ditch it?

Nope

FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

24th Dec 23 at 17:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ello everyone. Long time no see.

My story is I sold the corsa and bought many a different car. Worked as a mechanic in Renault Nissan for 5 years. Bought a house with the then girlfriend now Mrs. Then moved to BMW and qualified as a senior tech. Sold first house after 2 years and bought something more permanent Worked at bmw for 5 years. Realised working as a mechanic was a dead end shite job causing me nothing but stress and making me fucking miserable and making me HATE cars which was my passion and the reason I got involved in mechanics.

So retrained and I now work for Siemens Gamesa as a wind turbine technician. Worked my way up to troubleshooter and am now carefree climbing big white tubes for the rest of my life on much better money, hours and working conditions.
Got married to my Mrs in the Maldives at the start of the year. Waiting to make that official in the UK in September.
Bought an E30, because now I don’t work on cars I actually quite enjoy them again, it’s started to become a hobby for me again.
Life is good.
corb

18th Jan 24 at 02:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by spencer88
quote:
Originally posted by corb

Which part of Canada and how is it going?

Me? Not much, bought house, did house up, sold house, bought another, doing it up, will then sell.

Calgary, Alberta. Absolutely loving it, best decision we (me and mrs) ever made. Despite the minus 38 conditions we just had at the weekend upon return from plus 30 conditions on our honeymoon in the Caribbean!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » So what's everyones story? 22 database queries in 0.0968721 seconds