corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Overpriced or modern classic?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Overpriced or modern classic?
GB123
Premium Member

User status: Offline
1st Feb 21 at 10:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GSi for sale on car and classic up for strong money, are they finally starting to appreciate?

Can't be many left now in decent condition, I'm sure it would be worth double if it was a Ford.

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1307210
SetH

1st Feb 21 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I guess it comes down to find another one in that condition with such low miles?

I could not do it though at that money, the nostalgia is not strong enough for me. I owned a flame red Gsi for a while back in the day, one of the crapest cars I ever had tbh

Ian W

1st Feb 21 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are appreciating quite quickly now, how many people would buy one at that price is another question.

As said, if it was Mk3 Fiesta it would certainly be valued higher for a car that is no better (actually quite a bit worse in every respect after owning both IMO).

For everyone that says it just an old Corsa, I agree, but that is no different from just an old Nova, or just an old Renault but nostalgia does send common sense out of the windows.

I paid about £1000 for mine, would never pay anything like that for one simply as they just aren't that good that's not to say I don't love it and would ever sell it but pointless trying to argue that is is anything more that a mass produced super mini.

Mine is on a agree value policy which I normally review and increase every two years, might have to do it sooner it this sells for that

[Edited on 01-02-2021 by Ian W]
GB123
Premium Member

1st Feb 21 at 18:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will be interesting to see how long it hangs around for, there's one on eBay at the moment at £4,500 through bids and that needs welding, so based on that the price doesn't seem too unrealistic I suppose for someone that really wants one

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-corsa-gsi/274662168366?hash=item3ff324172e:g:RhkAAOSwv69gEbDu

[Edited on 01-02-2021 by GB123]
SetH

2nd Feb 21 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He could have spent a tenner and put a new rear plate on before taking the advert pictures, cleaned it too

Also if its just 'small bits' of welding, why not get it all done before selling.
Ian W

2nd Feb 21 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
He could have spent a tenner and put a new rear plate on before taking the advert pictures, cleaned it too

Also if its just 'small bits' of welding, why not get it all done before selling.

Because it will be rotten as most of them all, my previous one didn't look too bad at first but once we started going at it, so much of what was left just crumbled away.
GB123
Premium Member

2nd Feb 21 at 10:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well the one I posted from car and classic yesterday has been taken down now

Must have sold at that price, sold very quickly if it did
Ian W

2nd Feb 21 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GB123
Well the one I posted from car and classic yesterday has been taken down now

Must have sold at that price, sold very quickly if it did

There is certainly a market for nice ones so it wouldn't surprise me it being snapped up

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Overpriced or modern classic? 22 database queries in 0.0092480 seconds