corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Does anybody still use and come on here anymore?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Does anybody still use and come on here anymore?
golf

User status: Offline
18th Sep 20 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just dropping in on here and wondering if anybody still uses this site. Its been a while since ive had a corsa b but ive picked another one up as abit of a project. Looking to ask a few questions about a few things as it used to be a very good forum back in the day for all types of things!!
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
21st Sep 20 at 00:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GB123
Premium Member

26th Sep 20 at 12:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

29th Sep 20 at 21:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stu_22

30th Sep 20 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still have a corsa b
Ian W

1st Oct 20 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stu_22
I still have a corsa b

I still have a Corsa b
Ian
Site Administrator

1st Oct 20 at 21:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got two, and a Tigra. None of which work, obv
Ian W

2nd Oct 20 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was using mine for daily duties last week
VegasPhil
Premium Member

8th Oct 20 at 17:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

Both gsi? They never come up for sale now.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Oct 20 at 21:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One GSi and Mike/Tom's old 1.6 Sport track thing currently engine-less
Ian W

9th Oct 20 at 07:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
quote:
Originally posted by Ian

Both gsi? They never come up for sale now.

[Generation]They'll never be worth anything though, just an old Corsa[/Generation]

You're right, they are getting few and far between, especially for non rotten ones. The other issue is people buying ones that need a lot of work with good intentions but then deciding that it isn't worth it or will cost to much and then that is more being broken up.

Seeing more and more posts now on the FB groups of people coming on looking for early SRi's and GSi's just like they had in their youth and wanting another as a project and to relive them easier days.
SetH

9th Oct 20 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

out of curiosity I had a look on the bay last night and there was a V reg 1.4 sport 3 door up for £1700 iirc. It appeared to have quite a bit of rust, thought it was very strong money.

I think if I ever bought one it would be a novelty for 2 weeks then I would think WTF have I done and sell it. A lad I know bought a restored XR2, was a truly mint car and he paid a premium for it. I think he kept it for 2 weeks.

Perhaps I will just hold onto the memories
Ian W

9th Oct 20 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
out of curiosity I had a look on the bay last night and there was a V reg 1.4 sport 3 door up for £1700 iirc. It appeared to have quite a bit of rust, thought it was very strong money.

I think if I ever bought one it would be a novelty for 2 weeks then I would think WTF have I done and sell it. A lad I know bought a restored XR2, was a truly mint car and he paid a premium for it. I think he kept it for 2 weeks.

Perhaps I will just hold onto the memories

Without a doubt, that is the drawback and the issue with anything you hold fond memories of, I often wonder when I see people paying big big money for "retro" hot hatches how happy they are with their purchase long term.

I drive mine and I thoroughly enjoy it as it brings back that feeling of being a new young driver and having to kick it's arse to really get any decent speed out of it, a few days of it though and I am happy to get it back in the garage and drive my more modern daily. Would I be paying 5 / 6 / 7k + for a 80's or 90's hatch, not a chance

[Edited on 09-10-2020 by Ian W]
Ian
Site Administrator

9th Oct 20 at 20:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember being disappointed driving the GSi home, I had a lovely brand new Astra Convertible at the time so getting in what was a ten year old Corsa was like WTF have I spent 2 grand on.
Kerry

9th Oct 20 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I’m here now and again.
Currently working my way through VWs, tried scirocco and golf now on Tiguan R line
My last vauxhall was an Astra Sri cdti till about 3 years ago.

Also got two big Renault vans. Quite like driving those tbh
SetH

29th Oct 20 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kerry can we go for a hotdog(ing) soon please?
Ojc

30th Oct 20 at 07:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi Kerry I have a Tiguan R Line too, I had Warren G map it and I took it to the Nürburgring

Text back when you’re free
SetH

30th Oct 20 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

funny to think Kerry is 5 mins up the road and has avoided MEAT for the last decade.
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

1st Nov 20 at 08:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fired up my laptop for a look and this site is still my bookmark when i open browsers, i'm still here and still have a corsa b haha
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

1st Nov 20 at 08:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive now got
bmw f11 520d 2015
vw polo gti 2019
corsa b still c20xe
suzuki gsxr 750

got a few toys now haha
SetH

1st Nov 20 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello mate

nice collection of vehicles there
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

1st Nov 20 at 08:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks pal, its been a long time since i was on here i would say. corsa is still the most fun just not the most comfortable haha
gavin18787
Premium Member

14th Nov 20 at 15:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Enjoyed my last visit on here earlier in the year during lockdown mk1
Got absorbed back into the outside world again but am not back for another visit

On one hand I would love to drive a Corsa B gsi again or a saxo VTS as I have fond memories of both of those old cars i owned. Kind of think I should leave it as rose tinted memories incase I am disspointed now days.

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
SetH

14th Nov 20 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gavin18787
On one hand I would love to drive a Corsa B gsi again or a saxo VTS as I have fond memories of both of those old cars i owned. Kind of think I should leave it as rose tinted memories incase I am disspointed now days.

Every now and then I have a look online to see what 106 GTi or Saxo VTS are for sale

To think I paid £2400 for my 33k miles S1 106 rallye in 2002. Look what they go for now
gavin18787
Premium Member

19th Nov 20 at 21:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
quote:
Originally posted by gavin18787

Every now and then I have a look online to see what 106 GTi or Saxo VTS are for sale

To think I paid £2400 for my 33k miles S1 106 rallye in 2002. Look what they go for now

Yer I have a look every now and again too. Decent ones are few and far between though.
Wonder if they are as good as I remember though.

Loved my VTS, few mods with 150bho and a quaife diff and bilstien suspension, Was so much fun for not alot of cash. Went wrong alot though

Drives supercharged Tec with torque

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Does anybody still use and come on here anymore? 23 database queries in 0.1711259 seconds