corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Lotus Exige S

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Lotus Exige S
Kyle T
Premium Member

User status: Offline
5th Feb 19 at 15:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quick update, I took the car to Track Torque to get my work checked over and of course setup some alignment.

I've been to these guys a few times now across three cars and have always enjoyed the setups that Craig configures for me. Without adjustable dampers he was limited to what could be adjusted, but at least would get my toe and camber in line.

We took some of the shims out of the hub/upright assembly to add some camber at the rear and minor tweaks to the front and correcting the rear toe that was way out after my installation.

Couldn't really push it on whilst coming home, it was just starting to snow so it was back into the garage ASAP, but the instability at the rear was certainly fixed.

Stopped by at a familiar spot for a a photograph, shame it wasn't cleaned!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
SetH

6th Feb 19 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice! I bet she is handling sweet now, bring on the Spring
Kyle T
Premium Member

6th Feb 19 at 15:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
Nice! I bet she is handling sweet now, bring on the Spring

God knows, it's been snowing/raining since having it done - car hasn't left the garage!

I read through my entire Subaru thread over the last few days. Some proper nostalgia there, can't believe how much money I wasted/spent on that car but also can't believe how active CS was. If any of the old names are still lurking, come say hello - the CS revival is underway.

I want to know how many more colours Bens Z4 roof has been the last few years.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
SetH

11th Feb 19 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kyle did you scooby go to a private seller then later popped up on a dealer with quite a mark up? was it advertised on PH?

you did indeed spend a lot of time on setting that car up. If I were in the market at the time would have bit your hand off!

Scooby ownership is like a disease, it never goes away. I have had 4 now FFS.
Kyle T
Premium Member

14th Feb 19 at 12:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It did end up at a trader yeah.

The guy I sold it to was a serial car buyer so he ran it for about 4 months I think. It later ended up at a trader which had a bit of a dodgy rep for buying scruffy performance cars then vanishing if/when problems arose.

I got a bunch of scoobynet PM's from potential buyers asking me about dodgy paintwork and rocker cover leaks so I just told them all to walk away, assuming it had issues since I sold it.

That said it's done about 40k miles since I had it and it's still trucking on, so somebody is dailying the arse out of it. I feel sorry for them

I would like to get back in a Scooby at somepoint but I just don't think they're that well suited for more than a few odd trackdays, they always seem to leak something or other and need tidying up afterwards. Great weekend cars though and with my current commute mileage (zero) I could easily run one.... tempting.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
SetH

15th Feb 19 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The dodgy paintwork does sound a bit suspect but rocker cover gasket leaks pretty much the norm.

I guess even the youngest Hawkeye is 12 years old now and the blobs up to 15. Getting long in the tooth for a highly strung AWD performance car and thus I'd expect constant maintenance.

If I were to go back to Scooby ownership I would look at the last gen model, can get a reasonable mileage and condition one in the 18-20k range on a 2014 plate. I'd love a final edition but not at 32k+ when you get in to that kind of money it opens the door to all manner of RS & ///M machinery. Have you seen the price of the Type RA-R's now! jesus wept! but perhaps the ultimate factory scoob?

The thing I miss most about the Scoobies is the mechanical driving experience that you just don't get now and the burble on UKDM Models.

I'd love another classic, I think an classic Sti weights in around 1250-1260kg with breathing mods and remap you are 330-340bhp which is a decent power:weight ratio by today's standards, Would be a great time to buy a fresh import V6 Sti before the prices start to get silly as I am sure they will.

Anyway I digress from your thread! Some great weather this Weekend is the Exige coming out?
Kyle T
Premium Member

15th Feb 19 at 23:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep pretty much matches my thoughts on all things Subaru. Obviously Exige is in same age bracket but these things hardly do any miles so much easier to get apparently clean ones.

Had the car out a few times this week, really enjoying a bit of nice weather. Been getting a steady stream of deliveries in for the next batch of upgrades.

Baffled sump has been carted off to a local machine shop who are going to tap in a 1/8npt fitting for a temperature probe.

Got a cheapo 4 in 1 gauge just as a quick way really to get hold of oil temp and pressure sensors so I can get them all fitted while the sump/engine is dry. It's also got a boost gauge feature so will sort out a fitting for that, just because.

I'm giving my brother in law a hand on his EP3 Civic tomorrow so will probably leave the car alone this weekend, then can make a start on evenings next week

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
SetH

16th Feb 19 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice! are you planning on mounting the gauges into the dash fascia or sitting on top? Never sat in an Exige but I guess there is not a lot in the way of A pillar for pod mounting?
Kyle T
Premium Member

16th Feb 19 at 18:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got an adaptor ring (you can see it near the air freshener) which will let me fit it into an air vent.

The 2008+ cars have higher face level vents and mine are a bit lower, tried some positions out today and it's not great to be honest. The vents closest to me are blocked by my hands at 10-2 and the ones further away put too much angle on the gauge so I can't see half of it.

I reckon I'll stick it into the vent near my right hand, that's probably easiest to see and it's close to the light panel switching which is ideal for splicing some wiring. Longer term I can see this gauge going in the bin in favour for a nice SPA one showing oil temp and pressure.

Boost is a bit useless tbf, so I plan to just tee into a silicone hose for a few weeks just to see how it works and see what it's boosting to out of interest then I'll get rid of it when getting a decent gauge.

Took it out today though, nice day for it and car is going well.

Probably will nip out in it tomorrow morning for supplies then I'll start getting it ready for the sump to be swapped.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Lotus Exige S 24 database queries in 0.0110061 seconds