corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » PAYG Car Insurance

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author PAYG Car Insurance
Kyle T
Premium Member

User status: Offline
12th Feb 17 at 13:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2017/feb/11/pay-as-you-go-car-insurance-low-mileage-driver-cuvva-just-miles?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Makes sense, and I can see this being expanded upon in the years to come in which the lease car concept becomes an all inclusive £/mile motoring service.

The PAYG policies may work out for those of us with weekend/project cars - as insuring fire/theft on a project that isn't likely to get driven all year round is a bit crap.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

12th Feb 17 at 20:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just now have to wait 20 odd years for the dvla to catch up
taylorboosh

13th Feb 17 at 06:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They have though? Just tax it the months you want to drive it?

It will never go per mile as they simply have no competition
Kyle T
Premium Member

13th Feb 17 at 09:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the DVLA really need to fix the 'fixed day of the month' thing if they haven't already.

Had to buy some road tax for a load of company lorries a couple of years ago (I was the only one in the office with a company credit card that day...) and the company was rebranding/merging, as the tax was with the old company name we had to re-tax everything ahead of the renewal day. It cost us a couple of grand in 'wasted' tax because the merger happened on the 20th (or whatever it was) and the tax renewal was on the 31st.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

13th Feb 17 at 13:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
They have though? Just tax it the months you want to drive it?

It will never go per mile as they simply have no competition

I mean daily tax. You can do everything else daily.

Or even do a month but then get a refunded based on the date.
taylorboosh

13th Feb 17 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes but they do it this way as theres no competition or regulation

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » PAYG Car Insurance 23 database queries in 0.0111752 seconds