corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Mtec brake discs

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mtec brake discs
woodsy29

User status: Offline
6th Nov 16 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone had any experience with these?
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

7th Nov 16 at 00:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had them on my astra

seemed ok
Baskey

7th Nov 16 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea had them on my Subaru, dont bother

If you want to upgrade your brakes get a normal good quality set of solid disks and spend your money on a decent set of pads and decent fluid
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

7th Nov 16 at 11:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have them on my Corsa. They seem decent, check out my project page to see them.

Corsa C Z20Let

Black Sleeper Turbo Project
anthcorsa

7th Nov 16 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just put some on my GSI and I have them on my A3 (see my thread). They're decent but I'd advise buying the coated ones because when I bought them for the a3 they started to rust straight away inside all the drilled holes and the rest of the disc. Costs an extra tenner or something but it's worth it.
Ben G

7th Nov 16 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have them on my Z4. They're more than up to the job of normal real world driving and the odd blast at the weekend.

Anyone who says otherwise must be driving like a proper wanker

I only got mine because my brakes needed replacing and I wanted the drilled and grooved look. I didn't buy them for trackdays.
Baskey

7th Nov 16 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it's just for looks then I sopose they are ok

I don't know if it was just me but they made a lot of noise and had a funny feel through the pedal that annoyed me
Ben G

7th Nov 16 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They do make a ''whoosh'' noise when braking hard from high speed. I quite like it though
Kev_GSI

7th Nov 16 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mate cracked one of his drilled discs at the nurburgring.

I had no issues with mine though. I had the fancy coating but got that hot it flaked off so never bothered since
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

7th Nov 16 at 22:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm using their custom floating discs. They get a lot of abuse from me on my car and they seem fine.

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
big eck

15th Nov 16 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had them fitted to my cupra along with red stuff pads and typ200 fluid and they were brilliant, even after very hard use at a track day.
A.J

16th Nov 16 at 00:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had them but cracked one after a hard track session replaced with another set but just didn't feel right, running on Brembos now and had no problems so far.
monkeytwizzel

22nd Nov 16 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had two sets of 308mm cross dill/grooved mtec discs and they both had casting imperfections (high spot) that caused a click when driving.
They replaced the first set and refunded me after the second set with no problem though.
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Nov 16 at 08:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol at people pretending they are outdriving their brakes on public roads
Baskey

23rd Nov 16 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your laughing out loud at something no one has said ? Ok mate
Jambo

28th Nov 16 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have ordered a set for mine
woodsy29

29th Nov 16 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was only asking for some feedback as I fitted a set of drilled/grooved disks to my 1.6 sport corsa b. They are the 256 mm disks and larger pads as fitted to calibra/ astra/ cavalier 2.0 etc. They were fine at first but after a couple of weeks they started juddering during heavy braking. I know that the calipers etc are ok and they have definately been fitted correctly. Reasonably priced disks I know but expected better than this.
Steve
Premium Member

29th Nov 16 at 22:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You will have pad material transfer on the discs. Usually caused by not bedding in properly. Often by sitting when stationary with your foot on the brakes causes hot pads to imprint on the discs.

Only fix is a machine down of the discs or replacement
_Allan_

29th Nov 16 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like they're warped to me...

woodsy29

30th Nov 16 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah and me. I had an OMP set before these that I bought second hand along with the bigger calipers and carriers. I fitted the disks and pads out of curiosity just to see if they were OK with being used previously. They turned out to be the best brakes I've ever had on any car. They were on for about 5 years and I only replaced them as they were worn out. I went for the Mtec ones as a replacement as the car doesn't get used much at the minute as I'm having treatment for illness. Lost faith in them already though. I've been looking at Black Diamond stuff. Anyone know if they're any good? Reviews on line look good.
Steve
Premium Member

30th Nov 16 at 12:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They arent warped.

Like i said will be down to the bedding in, nothing wrong with those discs at all. Had a set on my puma went round the nurburgring with no dramas

[Edited on 30-11-2016 by Steve]
monkeytwizzel

4th Dec 16 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If they are juddering under braking then i would be going with been warped or not sat flush on the hub.
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

6th Dec 16 at 22:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
They arent warped.

Like i said will be down to the bedding in, nothing wrong with those discs at all. Had a set on my puma went round the nurburgring with no dramas

[Edited on 30-11-2016 by Steve]

Steve's hit the nail on the head. It's pad transfer from getting hot and not being cooled down properly before stopping.

You can get rid of it by getting them really fooking hot again. Just make sure you cool them down properly if you do that. Track days are the easiest days to do this properly

[Edited on 06-12-2016 by Darryl H]

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
Kev_GSI

14th Dec 16 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^ this take them out get them stonking hot again will be fine its what I did never a issue

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Mtec brake discs 23 database queries in 0.1003220 seconds