corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Anyone on here had a Corsa D cdti???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone on here had a Corsa D cdti???
big eck

User status: Offline
31st Aug 16 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The fiesta is on its last legs now and will need a small fortune to fix for its next mot. So I'm on the look out for a newer diesel. It's has to be diesel as it'll be used for work which is a 70 mile round trip daily.

I've been looking at the mk7 fiesta zetec s tdci but they're pretty expensive. I really like the look of the "limited edition" styled corsa D but I've noticed they come in either 1.3 or 1.7 cdti versions. Which one is best??

I have a budget of around £5k max. Anything else I might not have thought of??
AndyCorsaSport

31st Aug 16 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.7 is the better.

Clio DCi?

Although fiesta is your best bet I'd say. 09-11 plate can be found with 50-70k for £5k. Is that too much/too old?
big eck

31st Aug 16 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's pretty much bang on. It's finding one with the lowest mileage that's the hard part and the newer the better.
davegreen
Premium Member

31st Aug 16 at 19:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had a 1.3cdti, the 90ps one. was nippy for a daily but didnt like short stop start trips really wanted more than 10 miles at a time to get hot.
50+ mpg on short trips and 60+ mpg on longer runs.
only sold it a i had a work van and didnt need it.
08 plate with 18k, £6000 2 years ago.
just got to 40k and the m20 has failed.
if you do get a corsa be sure to check for noise 5th and 6th gears. also look to see if its had a new gearbox end case, if so it has upgraded bearings fitted.
nibnob21
Premium Member

31st Aug 16 at 20:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Girlfriend has had a 1.3 cdti from new. 5 years old now on about 57000 and not had any issues with it.

MX5 Project Thread
big eck

31st Aug 16 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought the gearbox issues were only on the M32 boxes. That's not the greatest of selling points
pow
Premium Member

1st Sep 16 at 08:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

M32 is the problem box, I have one on the alfa
davegreen
Premium Member

1st Sep 16 at 17:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

m20-m32 all the same. just different ratios sets.
they all fail if they are the early type.
Kev_GSI

3rd Sep 16 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have a 1.3 since new 14 plate now on 27k. 6 laps of the nurburgring and driven round europe to bed it in when it was near enough new

No issues, really good on fuel but feels a bit flat at times. I do want to map it but unlimited warranty puts me off doing it

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Anyone on here had a Corsa D cdti??? 23 database queries in 0.0076861 seconds