corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 16vKarlos' Corsa Sport Turbo Project - Project Teddy

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 16vKarlos' Corsa Sport Turbo Project - Project Teddy
16vKarlos

User status: Offline
25th Aug 16 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

** PRE WARNING ***
I tend to WRITE LOADS, I'm one of those “Can't forget the details” kind of people.. you know THE ANNOYING TYPE

So, a small intro to this Project...did I say small (sorry)

when I was around 10 years old, my old man bought a Corsa GSI... from that day onward I had to have a Corsa... Sure enough when I passed my test in 2007 I had bought myself a 1.4 16v Corsa Sport.. (See Below)
Those of you that are old timers on here may have seen a previous project thread about it, where hardly a thing changed

I had to sell the car due to the arrival of my daughter, so I was unable to do all the things I had planned. It was always the plan to buy another and I vowed that it would get the FULL WORKS! Having had a few cars since and more recently being in the position to purchase a third, it was time to buy the PROJECT!

The cars we have now are
The Family Seat Alhambra SE Lux 184PS DSG (I have to say, I rather like this car)

I've just traded in my Skoda Octavia VRS for a Superb Elegance CR170 for work.

So... The Project
Hopefully Our Project will follow a trend of cars with names on this forum and It's kindly been nicknamed by my wife and daughters as TEDDY as its a T Reg.. how original
Corsa Sport 1.4 16v Sport
We bought the car for the Grand sum of £150
whether that was a good idea or not, I've yet to find out
As you will see from reading the advert, it needs work, A LOT :thumb:

Few more pictures of the car

These are the only pictures I've got of the car currently.
The car is Sat on a mates driveway while I search for storage for it and it will then get fully stripped.

I want to do as much work on this car as I can but I will need a lot of helping hands and a LOT of info from all of you lads on here.
My mechanical knowledge isn't fantastic, but I'm happy to get stuck in.
I will be doing a lot of the work with my son and the wife has said she is looking forward to giving me a hand with the Engine Build, :thumb: she wont when she knows the cost

Plan for the car
well the icing on the cake was Col's thread... Its just the way I'd always thought our Project would look externally and its a really great Example.
So really, you could just say there will be a twin rolling the streets... well you could, but that wouldn't be quite right!

You'll certainly see
- Roll cage
- Flocked Dash and components
- Bare shell Repaint – will be blue but may not be a Vauxhall Blue
Not in this exact order but the car will get:
- Fully Stripped to bones
- Turbo lump (unsure if C or Z LET)
- All New Suspension and components
- Lots of Blood
- Detailing of hundreds of parts

Things I will decide along the way - Carpeted Interior at the front
- Which Turbo lump to use
- Carbon Fiber Parts (Wings, Bonnet and boot etc)
- Fiberglass parts
- Which Bucket Seats
- Lots of other things to decide too

Gents I just want you to know that this project will most likely take a few years to complete, but I want turbo fun next year, so if Turbo'd car comes up at the right price between now and then, I may have a second thread

I will update as frequently as possible and I will be on the hunt for LOADS of NEW or NEAR NEW Parts and loads of INFO... Stupid questions will be a weekly occurrence :thumb:

The next step is to find the car a home in East Sussex... I know there are a few of you Sussex lads still on here, so point me in the right direction if you know somewhere clean, tidy with water and electricity :thumb:

Any questions, Fire away

Thanks all I look forward to this!!

20vkarlos

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 16vKarlos' Corsa Sport Turbo Project - Project Teddy 23 database queries in 0.0118210 seconds