corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 1.9 cdti (Z19DTH) ... Yes? Or No?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.9 cdti (Z19DTH) ... Yes? Or No?
chris_uk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
18th Jul 16 at 10:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Found a cheap signum 1.9cdti elite with all the toys etc.. But when i start it it makes a bottom end knocking noise..

Im possitivle that its the bearings so im not too fussed about replacing them or the engine for another.. However..

Im buying this car as a daily shed so it has got to be reliable.. I have read the internet about the swirl flaps failing, egr and dual mass fucking up etc.. All things i can sort.. But the question is.. Once fixed are they going to stay that way!

Its got the m32 gearbox in which i know is a bit shit but then so does the vxr astra so i think its probably ok as i wont be tanking it around.

Has anyone had this engine, or is familiar with it who can offer their 2p worth..

The car btw is £450.. Lol
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

18th Jul 16 at 10:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a signum with 100k+ on the same engine, its had abit of love but runs OK. Can't say anything on the M32 as I drive an auto.

Not sure what you really want people to say, its £450 with a knocking engine, the issues you mention are normally resolved with replacing or a fix, so it should be fine once its had some tlc.
gazza808

18th Jul 16 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had a signum for the last few years.
sounds like the same spec heated seats/ac/nav etc
only hassle i've had with it was the egr valve dying and having to change the slave cylinder on the clutch as the muppet that changed the clutch didn't change it,

i just clicked over 190k last week.

i did the flap removal a few months ago just as pre emptive,

other than that never had a problem, majorly comfy and always delivers high 40s 50mpg mixed driving.

are you sure it has the m32?
mine has the f40 in it.
chris_uk
Premium Member

18th Jul 16 at 11:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not sure which box it has tbh.. Is there an easy way to tell?

[Edited on 18-07-2016 by chris_uk]
chris_uk
Premium Member

18th Jul 16 at 12:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it pretty much gospel that the m32 was only used on the later cars? This one is a 2004 so im guessing its an F40 box.
Chris x

18th Jul 16 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

120 Vectra's had the M32 IIRC, 150 Vectra's had the F40. So my guess is its the F40.

Sounds expensive though, sure I've seen working top spec preface lift Signums for £800 ish. Don't seem to hold money.
chris_uk
Premium Member

18th Jul 16 at 12:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got autovaux to check the reg and it is indeed a F40 so thats a relief.

chris_uk
Premium Member

18th Jul 16 at 23:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well i bought it, drove it home and after closer inspection it sounds like its just a dodgy release bearing. As soon as you put foot on the clutch noises happen, foot off and its so quiet.

I will drop the oil and give it a full service, change gearbox oil etc and then just run it until it pops. Lol.
tom130691
Premium Member

19th Jul 16 at 06:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had two of the 120bhp engines

one had a leaky fuel rail which killed the starter around 76k miles

the other gearbox went at 130k,
scoob
Premium Member

19th Jul 16 at 09:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

127k on my 1.9cdti Astra had a tuning box on it since day 40k only thing I've had to replace is a water pipe £40. It's been treated worse then an under age sex worker issues.
chris_uk
Premium Member

19th Jul 16 at 10:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is good to know
chris_uk
Premium Member

19th Jul 16 at 10:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On the drive home last night the rear view mirror shit itself and fell off, im putting it down to the sun heating the glue up.. Lol.

Gave it a wash and cleaned the interior out.

Gunna replace the gearbox oil and the engine oil / filter tonight and just see what happens.

[Edited on 19-07-2016 by chris_uk]
pow
Premium Member

19th Jul 16 at 12:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a M32 on the alfa, has the bearings done at about 80/85k on it, only £300 so nothing major.
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Jul 16 at 18:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't believe how much more legroom there is in a Signum compared to a Vectra. A lot of car for under a grand these days!
gazza808

29th Jul 16 at 07:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Can't believe how much more legroom there is in a Signum compared to a Vectra. A lot of car for under a grand these days!

it has the wheel base of the vectra estate, but with the length of the hatch/saloon to make more room for the people in the back.

its a shame it didnt do to well as nothing really similar on the market.
3CorsaMeal

29th Jul 16 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vauxhall seats are such an insult to leather (cheap plastic vinyl i should say)
Steve
Premium Member

29th Jul 16 at 08:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Especially the older stuff. The calibra ones look like stuffed bin bags
willay
Premium Member

29th Jul 16 at 09:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah not its best but an improvement by far over the Calibras
chris_uk
Premium Member

29th Jul 16 at 10:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea, its not great but its not bad.. One i went to see at 86k was all worn through on the bolster.. It shouldnt do that.

Well, so far, nothing (touch wood) has gone wrong, just ticked over to 50.2 mpg average which is reasonable.

I did cover that horrendous wood effect trim in carbon vinyl but not sure yet if its just as bad as the wood.. Lol

[Edited on 29-07-2016 by chris_uk]
willay
Premium Member

29th Jul 16 at 10:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks alright that mate! whats next?
Chris x

29th Jul 16 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DTUK box.
chris_uk
Premium Member

29th Jul 16 at 11:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I might polish the headlights..
Jambo

29th Jul 16 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A lot of car for a grand.

But sticky faker carbon is arguably worse than "wood"
3CorsaMeal

29th Jul 16 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo

A lot of car for a grand.

Its a good base
chris_uk
Premium Member

29th Jul 16 at 14:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a grand.. it cost me £450 lol

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 1.9 cdti (Z19DTH) ... Yes? Or No? 22 database queries in 0.1781561 seconds