corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sky deals

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sky deals
VegasPhil
Premium Member

User status: Offline
12th Jul 16 at 06:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haven't Sen a sky or TV thread on here for a while.

My last moneysavingexpert Sky deal is about to expire. I read that the best way to go about getting a discount is to leave altogether.

Are there any decent alternative deals around! Anyone using bt?

Hearing more about people getting decent broadband and then kodi for sport.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Steve
Premium Member

12th Jul 16 at 07:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Given up on Kodi really, channels keep going down etc
Ben G

12th Jul 16 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I only use kodi for movies and the odd TV show.

Much prefer sky for everything else. Recording, live pause etc etc.

My sky bill is £94 a month currently Need to get a deal asap ideally.
Steve
Premium Member

12th Jul 16 at 11:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got everything for £30 on Sky
Ben G

12th Jul 16 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wait until that years up. They will fuck you.
Ellis

12th Jul 16 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
My sky bill is £94 a month currently Need to get a deal asap ideally.

I'm the same. Feel like I'm being shafted but they won't do me a much better deal after repeated phone calls.

I only need a handful of channels too
Steve
Premium Member

12th Jul 16 at 12:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have to be willing to actually quit to get the best deal.
Ellis

12th Jul 16 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

Have you done it Steve? If so, how long did you live without Sky?
Steve
Premium Member

12th Jul 16 at 12:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not with sky, but other things, mobile providers, broadband etc

I would do the same with Sky when it comes to it.

Theres always ways to still get the channels you want, albeit perhaps not as easily, but its a fallback if you have to go through with your threat - chances are though you will get a sudden magical new offer though when you insist you want to quit.

Better than letting them rip people off imo

[Edited on 12-07-2016 by Steve]
Dave

12th Jul 16 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ellis
quote:

You won't have to, give your 30days notice and they'll either ring you or sometimes you can log in to your account and there will be a 50% off deal.

I've just signed up today after 18 months with Virgin. Initially only offered 35% as I didn't have an existing dish/box but soon upped that to 50% for 12 months. The sky employee codes are still the ones to go for but don't seem to be any out right now and I needed out of virgin before my deal with them ran out. Also virgin tv isn't a patch on sky's.
Cavey

12th Jul 16 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I stupidly cancelled TV and Talk with sky last year to get some money off, managed to get 50% off Sky TV in the end, and a years free broadband, but left it too late to uncancel the landline and ended up with a new phone number, bit annoying.

This time around i'll just be threatening to cancel TV and see what they offer me within the 30 days, was popping up on Sky Adverts on TV so they obviously have some kind of targetted advertising.

Did receive a letter offering us 20% off for a year the other day which I binned, I think i can probably get 50 again, problem is there is no other option where I am, so i'm kinda stuck either way, might take Sky Q for a the small amount of £42 extra per month
Corsa_Sport21

12th Jul 16 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was with Virgin for last 7 years and just switched to Sky. Wish i had done it years ago. Sky im paying £54 pm for full tv package, eve/weekend free calls, multiroom and broadband.
Corsa_Sport21

12th Jul 16 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave
quote:
Originally posted by Ellis
quote:

You won't have to, give your 30days notice and they'll either ring you or sometimes you can log in to your account and there will be a 50% off deal.

I've just signed up today after 18 months with Virgin. Initially only offered 35% as I didn't have an existing dish/box but soon upped that to 50% for 12 months. The sky employee codes are still the ones to go for but don't seem to be any out right now and I needed out of virgin before my deal with them ran out. Also virgin tv isn't a patch on sky's.

I got a friends and family code and at the same time, went onto sky live chat and told him i was a Virgin customer looking to change to Sky, whats the best deal for full tv, phone and broadband. He came back £4 p/m cheaper than the f+f deal so signed up there and then. Free installation and dish etc and was a national shortage on basic multiroom boxes so got a free sky+ HD box in bedroom.

When my year is up ill probably stick with phone and broadband and get a zgemma2 box and subscription.
scoob
Premium Member

12th Jul 16 at 16:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Canceled Sky a while back due to only been able to get Karoo broadband and phone line. Fucking joke
Toby
Premium Member

14th Jul 16 at 10:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sky bill just about to hit £137 a month after 60% off for last 12 months. Got that as i actually left last time, though this time tied in with internet so not sure how much i will manage to cut it. I will be leaving though and if the offer to come back after they have shut it off is enough, i will go back.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

15th Jul 16 at 10:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone used one of these?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/review/B00MBY9RXO/R2KE9BXANOXEGC/ref=cm_cr_dp_mb_rvw_1?ie=UTF8&cursor=1

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
R Lee

15th Jul 16 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not that box specifically, but there are many alike.
They're OK for movies.

How often do people watch TV nowadays?
Mine gets turned on once or twice a week max

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sky deals 23 database queries in 0.0145450 seconds