corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Quick eBay question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Quick eBay question
mattievRS

User status: Offline
26th Jun 16 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you bought something for £24 which was the cost of the item and was advertised with free postage, then sent it back as a non wanted item, how much would you expect to be refunded?
Ian
Site Administrator

26th Jun 16 at 16:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends on the terms, you're not legally entitled to postage refund but the default Ebay conditions are that you'll get it.

Do also bear in mind that if you just changed your mind then expecting the seller to stand you indecision is a bit unfair. Although you'll get away with it if you ask Ebay to intervene.

I get it a lot, people buying stuff then selling the car and not fitting it, or realising they're not able to fit it themselves, or using parts to diagnose faults then sending the rest back, or just clicking mouse buttons without really thinking. Costs my business a few hundred quid a year and I wish those people didn't exist but you have to expect a bit of it. Customers typically don't generally GAF about the seller.
mattievRS

26th Jun 16 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So why offer free postage on items?

I think it's different if it was 20 quid with £4 postage, but if it's free postage how can you claim you are owed x amount of free?
mattievRS

26th Jun 16 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll put a bit of context to it

I bought an item at 23.99 total with advertised free postage. Wasn't what I wanted so returned it at my expense as in the returns agreement on eBay. The terms were
Return the item and we will refund the item cost.

They have refunded me £20 and I've been told the 3.99 is for postage! The postage was advertised as free so why am I being charged for a free service?

Who's going to refund my postage cost?

[Edited on 26-06-2016 by mattievRS]
Ian
Site Administrator

26th Jun 16 at 17:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because when I quote postage that's another excuse to people to moan when its quoted at £3.50 and the stamp comes saying £3.35.

Even if the total is the same - more complaints when its itemised.

Free postage is just a way of stopping people moaning, its obviously not free.

If you want the money back open a dispute and you'll get it - the seller will stand the cost and probably have their ranking in the results diminished if it affects their seller ratings but perhaps you don't care enough and just want a few quid back for changing your mind.

Don't worry - you're not alone - most people want the few quid back even if its not the sellers fault. The seller should know to put up with it.
Ian
Site Administrator

26th Jun 16 at 17:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattievRS

You've used the postage service have you not? Whether it was advertised as free it obviously wasn't free.

If you go down the Ebay route they will sometimes print you a label so you don't need to pay at the PO, I've had that in the past and the stuff has gone to the completely wrong place because my bank account and my workshop are not the same place, guess what, I had to go collect it all at my expense because of some other cunts.

Like I say, they should be used to it, surprised they're risking seller ratings over a few quid, it'll cost them that in lost revenue and fees when you complain.
Ben G

26th Jun 16 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd say the seller is a bit stupid here. Free postage is free postage, regardless of whether it actually cost them money to post it in the first place.

Item cost was £23.99, so expect that amount in return.
mattievRS

26th Jun 16 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by mattievRS

You've used the postage service have you not? Whether it was advertised as free it obviously wasn't free.

If you go down the Ebay route they will sometimes print you a label so you don't need to pay at the PO, I've had that in the past and the stuff has gone to the completely wrong place because my bank account and my workshop are not the same place, guess what, I had to go collect it all at my expense because of some other cunts.

Like I say, they should be used to it, surprised they're risking seller ratings over a few quid, it'll cost them that in lost revenue and fees when you complain.

I'm not going to do the seller over, im honestly asking what should be expected really. I'm accepted that I pay for return postage and not the seller but that's not what he has done is it? He's offered free postage then expected me to pay 3.99.

On another note, it cost me 96p to send back, they're saying it cost 3.99 to send.......

[Edited on 26-06-2016 by mattievRS]
mattievRS

26th Jun 16 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
I'd say the seller is a bit stupid here. Free postage is free postage, regardless of whether it actually cost them money to post it in the first place.

Item cost was £23.99, so expect that amount in return.

That's kinda my point, why offer a free service if it's actually not free!
Ian
Site Administrator

26th Jun 16 at 17:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The reason for offering free is as above - less hassle when people read the sticker.

Also avoids the Ebay fee issue of low item / high postage price which gets you a lower fee. Ebay encourage it because they get the percentage of the full amount even though its not proceeds.

How thick and heavy? Again if you can get it under 25mm it should be a quid although that doesn't mean they're able to, is your packing the same to return?

I've known stuff come back on stamps when it went out as a parcel just because I don't want it to break on the way, return customers aren't as stringent typically.
mattievRS

26th Jun 16 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I see where you're coming from. The item was returned in the same envelope in the same way so no different at all.
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Jun 16 at 04:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So they're having a laugh with the 3.99

Dispute it, you'll win.
taylorboosh

27th Jun 16 at 06:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id say i wanted 23.99 tbh

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Quick eBay question 22 database queries in 0.0173531 seconds