corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Manifold advice

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Manifold advice
anthcorsa

User status: Offline
5th May 16 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Orite lads, just after a bit of advice really. I'm just removing the Sai pump and realised it will leave a hole in the existing exhaust manifold if I take it out. While some people in other forums jam a spark plug in there I was wondering if a c16xe manifold will fit the x16xe engine? I imagine it will but wondered if there's any major differences. Before people suggest it I don't really want a performance manifold, simply because people report them sitting a lot lower to the ground than the standard one and sitting very close to the sump. If anyone has bought an aftermarket one that's been no problems in fact, let us know. Cheers in advance

[Edited on 05-05-2016 by anthcorsa]
Ojc

5th May 16 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

C16 doesn't have a SAI, X16 does. Just make a plate and bolt it over the hole like most people do.
anthcorsa

5th May 16 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
C16 doesn't have a SAI, X16 does. Just make a plate and bolt it over the hole like most people do. [/quote

Sorry bud, bit of a typo there. Do you know if the manifolds are interchangeable?
Ricky352

5th May 16 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by anthcorsa
If anyone has bought an aftermarket one that's been no problems in fact, let us know. Cheers in advance

I had a sportex 4-1 manifold on my x14xe sport, and I had no issues at all.

Not sure if this helps though, as I'm not really sure what am SAI is, or if mine had one.

[Edited on 05-05-2016 by Ricky352]
Steve
Premium Member

5th May 16 at 13:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does anyone call them fannymolds anymore?
3CorsaMeal

5th May 16 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only Daimo i reckon, him and Donna (owner of D5NNA, Fotki account still availiable but not for long) still laugh about it every time they pass on the stairs
anthcorsa

5th May 16 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ricky352
quote:
If anyone has bought an aftermarket one that's been no problems in fact, let us know. Cheers in advance

Not sure if this helps though, as I'm not really sure what am SAI is, or if mine had one.

how low was it?
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

User status: Online
7th May 16 at 10:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I removed the Secondary Air Injection (SAI) pump on my old X16XE - I simply made up a small plate that I bolted in place with one of the SAI bolts and one of the manifold bolts, and sealed using a cut out from the old manifold gasket when I changed the manifold.

I used a Janspeed manifold on mine - touched the floor on occasions, but I was happy with it.

To answer your last question - the C16 and X16 manifolds both fit the block, but the cat is matched to the manifold as the manifold length is different under the sump. As long as you pair up either the C16 manifold/C16 cat or X16 manifold/X16 cat, you'll be fine.

However, I'd just suggest knocking up a plate!
anthcorsa

7th May 16 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Absolutely spot on advice that bud. Really appreciate it. Cheers!
What are those lexmaul inlets like out of curiosity?
tom_simes
Show Staff
Premium Member

7th May 16 at 14:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I loved it, very very easy to fit (and remove, and refit, on many occasions!) and gave decent extra power but mostly mid range, not top end like a Mantzel/power box.

Also didn't lost me a penny - sold it for the same as I bought it.
anthcorsa

7th May 16 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom_simes
I loved it, very very easy to fit (and remove, and refit, on many occasions!) and gave decent extra power but mostly mid range, not top end like a Mantzel/power box.

Also didn't lost me a penny - sold it for the same as I bought it.

Ah right, you've got me thinking now.. I was going to leave the standard inlet on tbh but I am tempted by one of these. On their website they're around 350 all in which isn't too bad, as you said they fetch a good price second hand when they rarely crop up.
tom_simes
Show Staff
Premium Member

7th May 16 at 14:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine is currently on Haimsey's car, and he re-painted it black. It's been through about 7 members on CS, but we had it as a set with the engine cover and strut brace which were all designed to fit perfectly with one another.
anthcorsa

7th May 16 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is this the one with a smiley face inked on it somewhere? Sure I've read something somewhere about this manifold lol
tom_simes
Show Staff
Premium Member

7th May 16 at 14:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No idea what you mean....

Ricky352

9th May 16 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ricky352
quote:

how low was it?

-60mm.

[Edited on 09-05-2016 by Ricky352]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Manifold advice 22 database queries in 0.0119848 seconds