corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Anyone live near Bournemouth or surrounding - looking for nice pubs/eateries

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone live near Bournemouth or surrounding - looking for nice pubs/eateries
MatthewR

User status: Offline
11th Apr 16 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Myself & the Mrs will be down in Bournemouth in a few weeks for wedding, we have hired a nice car and want to go for a drive around the areas near Bournemouth like Christchurch etc where there are nice walks etc and pubs in the woods things like that. Would be greatly appreciated if anyone can reccomend a few places that are nice

Cheers all
djgritt
Premium Member

11th Apr 16 at 12:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am localish.

New Forest for walks & Pubs 'in the woods' - otherwise drive over to the Purbeck hills for more walks along the Jurassic Coast, and more pubs.
MatthewR

11th Apr 16 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ringwood looks a nice area to stop by find a nice pub???

I remember once driving to a place that was right on the river, could sit outside n watch them all go past, that would be ideal. No idea what part of Bournemoyuth that was tho
djgritt
Premium Member

11th Apr 16 at 12:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MatthewR

I remember once driving to a place that was right on the river, could sit outside n watch them all go past, that would be ideal. No idea what part of Bournemoyuth that was tho

Ringwood is a bit meh, the edges are ok and a couple of pubs are around there. It wouldn't be my first choice to go pub hunting though tbh. The Fish Inn is alongside a river, but also alongside the A31 main road, pretty much right on it tbh.

Alongside the road from Ringwood to Christchurch, you will find a couple of pubs - the Fishermans Haunt is one, almost alongside a river.
There is a pub in Christchurch alongside a river, funnily enough called The Riverside (though it's a Harvester...)
There are a few decent bars etc around Christchurch harbour too.

Poole Harbour has loads of Pubs and Restaurants and you can see the boats there and the Sunseeker factory with some very nice and expensive boats moored up alongside.

Wimborne has a lot of pubs, and its a much quieter town than Bournemouth.

If you have a hire car, you really must get out onto the Purbecks & along the Jurassic coast - it is worth it, and it isn't far to go atall.
Wareham out in this area has a pub on the riverside, which is alright too. IIRC it's called the Old Granary.
The Scott Arms in Kingston near Corfe Castle is very good - again out on the Purbeck hills.
Swanage, Lulworth, Worth Matravers, Studland etc are all on the Purbecks and all have good Pubs etc.
Munchie

11th Apr 16 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember a boss Indian called Mint Leaf or something, let me try find it. It was exceptional
Munchie

11th Apr 16 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.mintleafbournemouth.com/
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g186262-d2091959-Reviews-Mint_Leaf_Indian_Brasserie-Bournemouth_Dorset_England.html
MatthewR

11th Apr 16 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by djgritt
quote:
Originally posted by MatthewR

Ringwood is a bit meh, the edges are ok and a couple of pubs are around there. It wouldn't be my first choice to go pub hunting though tbh. The Fish Inn is alongside a river, but also alongside the A31 main road, pretty much right on it tbh.

Alongside the road from Ringwood to Christchurch, you will find a couple of pubs - the Fishermans Haunt is one, almost alongside a river.
There is a pub in Christchurch alongside a river, funnily enough called The Riverside (though it's a Harvester...)
There are a few decent bars etc around Christchurch harbour too.

Poole Harbour has loads of Pubs and Restaurants and you can see the boats there and the Sunseeker factory with some very nice and expensive boats moored up alongside.

Wimborne has a lot of pubs, and its a much quieter town than Bournemouth.

If you have a hire car, you really must get out onto the Purbecks & along the Jurassic coast - it is worth it, and it isn't far to go atall.
Wareham out in this area has a pub on the riverside, which is alright too. IIRC it's called the Old Granary.
The Scott Arms in Kingston near Corfe Castle is very good - again out on the Purbeck hills.
Swanage, Lulworth, Worth Matravers, Studland etc are all on the Purbecks and all have good Pubs etc.

This is excellent, thank you so much mate
VegasPhil
Premium Member

11th Apr 16 at 16:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go to "the pig" in brockenhurst too

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
noshua

11th Apr 16 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Matt is this instead of going to new York?........... sorry mate not running it in
Jambo

11th Apr 16 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Christchurch Gardens
MatthewR

12th Apr 16 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by noshua
Matt is this instead of going to new York?........... sorry mate not running it in

LOL nah!! u git lol
We are at a wedding on the Saturday and have hired a nice car so want to make a detour on way home rather just motorway it all the way back

Not long now, i am so gutted

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Anyone live near Bournemouth or surrounding - looking for nice pubs/eateries 23 database queries in 0.0085089 seconds