corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Golf R Estate DSG Lease Prices

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Golf R Estate DSG Lease Prices
Wrighty_1988

User status: Offline
7th Apr 16 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The lease prices on these have really just come down.

Best on contract hire and leasing is 3x23. 759 down and 253 a month. 10k miles a year. This deals with a volkswagen dealer aswell so Will probs not have setting up fee's like lease companies.

I got my Golf R hatch Manual back when they were cheap but not as cheap as this, im on 1k down 255 a month, 10k miles. So even less money for the estate and it has DSG.

Gutted its not a year on from now when mine ends because we have just had a kid.

https://www.contracthireandleasing.com/car-leasing-companies/main-dealers/tl-darby-volkswagen/volkswagen/golf/91532724/

[Edited on 07-04-2016 by Wrighty_1988]
Nic Barnes

7th Apr 16 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Andrew should look at this as he was after a new lease car
taylorboosh

7th Apr 16 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheap as chips
djgritt
Premium Member

7th Apr 16 at 11:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shame the 'good' deals always have such limited mileages.
Jambo

7th Apr 16 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by djgritt
Shame the 'good' deals always have such limited mileages.

Hardly surprising, its all based on the future value of the vehicle after the lease term. Same with regular HP or PCP. The more miles the less the vehicle is worth, so it will be more expensive.

Exactly the same as purchasing a car outright for £X using it a lot and it being worth less upon sale two years later than a low miles one.
Corsa_Sport21

7th Apr 16 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes

Andrew would claim the 4wd system takes up to much cabin and boot space so would have to settle on the lowest spec model.
Chris x

7th Apr 16 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
quote:

Andrew would claim the 4wd system takes up to much cabin and boot space so would have to settle on the lowest spec model.
3CorsaMeal

7th Apr 16 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
Cheap as chips

It is though? I know there is always going to be this debate, but thats over £3k a year to drive something for 10,000miles and have nothing at the end, £3k gone.
Nic Barnes

7th Apr 16 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

its roughly 2 inch less boot space so he is correct to kick off
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

7th Apr 16 at 13:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
Cheap as chips

It is though? I know there is always going to be this debate, but thats over £3k a year to drive something for 10,000miles and have nothing at the end, £3k gone.

I think thats pretty cheap for a brand new car not having to worry about it either,
VegasPhil
Premium Member

7th Apr 16 at 13:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Wrighty_1988

7th Apr 16 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely it would loose 3k a year if you were to buy one?. Cheapest R in red on auto trader, one year old and 8k miles like mine is 24k. List is 30k (i know people dont pay list always), but its depreciated a bit.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

7th Apr 16 at 13:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty_1988
Surely it would loose 3k a year if you were to buy one?. Cheapest R in red on auto trader, one year old and 8k miles like mine is 24k. List is 30k (i know people dont pay list always), but its depreciated a bit.

Plus that kind of car when sold would end up going in px or wbac. I very much doubt you would sell it easily privately. Unless it was cheap, absolutely immaculate or super low mileage.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
DaveyLC

7th Apr 16 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Which is EXACTLY why it seems like a "good deal"

Its a low depreciating model and your restricted on mileage to keep any depreciation to a minimum.

I would also suspect there are some very strict terms about vehicle condition too which will result in your pants being pulled down at the end of the rental period.

Deals like this are for people who can't save or can't get credit and get a stiffy driving a new car.
Nic Barnes

7th Apr 16 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I reckon mine will be worth some money when I sell it in a year or so.
DaveyLC

7th Apr 16 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
quote:

Plus that kind of car when sold would end up going in px or wbac. I very much doubt you would sell it easily privately. Unless it was cheap, absolutely immaculate or super low mileage.

Which is why you're better off buying an ex-demo/pre-reg out-right and chopping it back in after 2-3 years.
DaveyLC

7th Apr 16 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I reckon mine will be worth some money when I sell it in a year or so.

Don't you mean when the finance company sell it?

BTW hows the van selling going on? I haven't seen it back on ebay after the previous dismal performance.
3CorsaMeal

7th Apr 16 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably spent £500 on it already, that's 2 months payment, a few thousand in mods planned as well.

Wrighty_1988

7th Apr 16 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:

Which is EXACTLY why it seems like a "good deal"

Its a low depreciating model and your restricted on mileage to keep any depreciation to a minimum.

I would also suspect there are some very strict terms about vehicle condition too which will result in your pants being pulled down at the end of the rental period.

Deals like this are for people who can't save or can't get credit and get a stiffy driving a new car.

The condition of the car is judged on the bvrla standards, it allows for minor scratches, stone chips and kerbs to be acceptable. I had a corsa vxr on lease for 2 years and that went back with a load of stonechips on the front and a scratch under the headlight but didnt get charged anything the man just drove it away, it went in the leeds auctions that night. All i had to do with that car was service it once and it went back on the same tyres. Its also only the same as if i bought one and traded it in, he would knock off the money to repair it in the trade in price. Youll lose money either way if its got damage.

We get lease cars for ease really, no mots to deal with, warranty, tax is paid by the lease company, insurance on brand new cars is cheaper, no fucking about when im done with it, live 6 miles from work so dont do major mileage, kick its head in all the time as its going away in two years.
Dave

7th Apr 16 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^^ 100% this. We leased our BMW which went back last month, company car now so no need to replace it but I'd definitely lease again. Fixed costs, nice car, no hassle at all. Went back with slight marks to a couple of wheels, usual chips and a scuff on the wheel arch done by someone else, no charges at all.
Kyle T
Premium Member

7th Apr 16 at 15:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My leasemobile arrives next week. Looking forward to it but I defo would have got the Golf Estate had this deal been around when I ordered.

I went for the Leon and adding DSG alone would have been about £60 a month so I've settled for the poverty manual. DSG alone makes this one a good deal and the mileage limit aint' bad either.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

7th Apr 16 at 15:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh the VW Group excess mileage fees are 6p plus VAT I believe which is pretty damn low.

Even if you needed to do 15k miles per year (10k extra total) it would only be £600 extra over the term. That's £25 extra a month. Maths.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
taylorboosh

7th Apr 16 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

9p a mile on evoque... Lease makes sence for me, mrs gets a brand spanking car for cheap, it looks good, its reliable, its safe
Kyle T
Premium Member

7th Apr 16 at 16:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Worst I saw was on that BMW 330e (plug in hybrid?) something like 30p a mile excess

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
taylorboosh

7th Apr 16 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shocking

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Golf R Estate DSG Lease Prices 23 database queries in 0.1884410 seconds