corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Bike racing stuff

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bike racing stuff
Daimo B

User status: Offline
31st Mar 16 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Evenin all, been a while. Dunno if there a few bikers on here still?

Started racing, done quite well, won my class, 3 times in the cup/pre injection race. Put a load of dual cam videos up.

BikersBitz Youtube

This is probably the best race, my 2nd ever race, using the oldest bike on the grid the only pre injected (carbed) in the field (newcomers 600). Had a great tussle towards the end of the race with 3 other bikes, came 4th out of 32 bikes.

Newcomers 600cc Race 1

If anyone is interested in the full race weekend report, have a read of:

Weekend Race Report

Now trying to source sponsorship as I wasn't planning to do all the rounds, but as I'm leading the championship into round 2, I'm trying to find the sponsors to help do the rest of the season and aim for the championship win in my first year. If anyone knows anyone who owns a company and is looking to get a bit of advertising, please do pass on the details. Cheers muchly.

[Edited on 31-03-2016 by Daimo B]
Ojc

31st Mar 16 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hiya mate.

How's things? Please be careful
Gary
Premium Member

1st Apr 16 at 17:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would love to start racing. Whats a season cost you? Excluding the bike.
Daimo B

2nd Apr 16 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your looking at a basic £600+ per round. Shoots up to £800+ for the 2nd race entry. Probably works out more than that, but I don't want to scare myself with the overal costs

But then to get the bike on the grid you have to prep it, rain light, lockwire etc, so theres the initial costs, plus race license test.

Certainly not a cheap sport, but worth every single penny But, now I'm trying to source a sponsor to help out. For example, I'll need a new rear tyre every race meeting, so that £160, a new front ever few rounds, fuel, servicing, any repair costs, food and drink etc.

Trackdays offer better value for track time, but you can't ride like you would do during a race.
Steve
Premium Member

4th Apr 16 at 14:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You must look real sexy on that crotch rocket. Its a wonderful machine you go there
Gary
Premium Member

4th Apr 16 at 14:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That a 600f3?
Graham88

5th Apr 16 at 02:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was behind you or your Mrs in your SQ5 the other day. Either that or you sold the plate
Ojc

5th Apr 16 at 06:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
You must look real sexy on that crotch rocket. Its a wonderful machine you go there

Steve
Premium Member

5th Apr 16 at 10:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Last rumour I heard was that D5 NNA had left D4 MOB for 3corsameal
Daimo B

5th Apr 16 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey steve? Still living at home with mummy washing your stained paintes and playing with lego and not driving a landy through muddle puddles in case it gets dirty?

Gary, nahh its an F4 so different bike. Engine is similar, but more power, and has 17" wheels (F3 had 16" front which is a pain). Has got an Ohlins rear shock, full Maxton front end, stearing damper, otherwise thats pretty much it. Looks like this:

How do I look? Not bad, body angle still needs work, shoulders need to come over more, need the outter arm to be more straight, but given the way the bike is angled there isn't much more to give. Plus I already fully grinded down the fairing at Oulton and now having to fibreglass the hole made (as it needs to be sealed to contain oil loss as part of the regulations).

Graham, if its during the weekday, probably the missis going to work, if it was on Sunday, that was me, dog in the boot Bright blue SQ5. Plate will never go

[Edited on 05-04-2016 by Daimo B]
Ojc

5th Apr 16 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Last rumour I heard was that D5 NNA had left D4 MOB for 3corsameal

Last rumour I heard was you are no longer ah man
Gary
Premium Member

5th Apr 16 at 20:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Used to have an f4, thought all f4s were injection. Looks good though
Daimo B

7th Apr 16 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nahh F4 was the last carbed engine, then the F4i was the first injected. Then they re-branded the bike to an F-Sport. Sucks for someone who has a 2001 injected bike, as they are also up against brand new bikes, Triumph 675 Daytona's seem to be the fav, but the engines are fragile. But the FSport only has a little more power than me, basically a detuned CBR600RR engine.
Gary
Premium Member

7th Apr 16 at 19:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, not much difference between the f4i and a lot newer 600rr.
Daimo B

20th Apr 16 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Round 2 didn't go so well. Season over

Ellis

20th Apr 16 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Crikey. Looks like a big off. Bike looks sore, how is the rider?

Any more detail on how it happened?
Ojc

20th Apr 16 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What did I say?
Steve
Premium Member

20th Apr 16 at 11:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

deffo trying to pop a wheelie to the crowd at ton ten

[Edited on 20-04-2016 by Steve]
3CorsaMeal

20th Apr 16 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Speeding imo
Daimo B

20th Apr 16 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ellis
Crikey. Looks like a big off. Bike looks sore, how is the rider?

Any more detail on how it happened?

Was a bit lol

Started 25th, was chasing 9th. Went into corams (snetterton) about 100mph, turn in, and i can only think i missed my turn in point by half metre or so. Realised i wasnt gonna get round so picked the bike up, went onto the grass. Then you realise how fast your actually going so I laid the bike on the floor. Next thing i know i woke up on my back. Went to get up, collapsed. Got up after a few mins (race was red flagged), looked at the bike and its upside down. I even thought, "wonder if we can patch it up for race 2"

Spoke to marshalls and spectators later, bike dug in, went 20ft in the air as it flipped, landed upside down, then done it again another two times. Came to rest upside down.

I got away lightly with concussion and broken wrist.

Bike however is a write off, frames bent, wheels bent, but i might be able to salvage rear shock. Oh it also caught fire.

Gutted, gone from championship leader, to written off season, destroyed bike, dented pride, and no more trophies.

bummer.
Ellis

20th Apr 16 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good grief, that sounds savage. At least it's the bike that's mangled and not the rider. There's always next season.
Steve
Premium Member

20th Apr 16 at 13:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have subscribed to this

http://bikersbitz.co.uk/
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

20th Apr 16 at 13:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you update the site please on this section:

"I’m all for bike trackdays, sure it sucks about the cost, but it’s worth every single penny. I’ve progressed from being a road rider, to a novice track day rider, up to the advanced group, and now I’m going racing."

to

"I’m all for bike trackdays, sure it sucks about the cost, but it’s worth every single penny. I’ve progressed from being a road rider, to a novice track day rider, up to the advanced group, and now I’m going racing. I crashed, bikes broken i'm broken should of stayed with trackdays"
Daimo B

20th Apr 16 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ellis
Good grief, that sounds savage. At least it's the bike that's mangled and not the rider. There's always next season.

Coming up with a plan to get out later in the season, but championship win is deffo out the question.
Daimo B

30th Sep 16 at 08:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For anyone interested.

http://bikersbitz.co.uk/

So, after my off at Snetterton back in April, resulting in an utterly destroyed bike, my championship lead lost and bid over, I just aimed to get back to my local circuit at Brands. Good news was I could go home to bed instead of freezing my ass off in a tent.

I'd bought a new bike and built it up (another Honda CBR600FX). I'd ridden it for the fist time at Lydden previous Sunday, for 1 session. It coughed and spluttered on throttle, and despite checking plugs/coils, it was day over, it was only running on 3, so really I'd not ridden it at all. I used my Dads bike for the afternoon as he decided to crash and break 2 ribs, so at least I'd ridden a bike again on track. I needed to replace the carbs on mine, so spent 2 nights stripping the old bike, cleaning all the fire ext grime off, and fitting them to the new bike. My Dad was kind enough to let me use his bike so I actually had two bikes for the Racing weekend, which was good as I'd entered the Cup/Pre Injection 600, and also the Newcomers 600, 8 races + qualies over the weekend.

Turned up Friday afternoon to setup, and loads of people hadn't arrived, so got a couple of late afternoon sessions in to actually make sure my bike worked, suprisingly, it worked fine. My aim for this weekend was to purely have fun, try to have a few battles, and if I got any pots it would be a bonus.

Qualified for the Newcomers, with a 53.1, and 14th overall out of 36 bikes (the only pre injected bike in the entire field)
Qualified for the Cup/PI race, 2nd in class with a 52.6, and 20th overall out of 37 bikes so an improvement in time already.

Cup Race 1 - My Bike. Had an awful start (majority of the weekend tbh), dropped behined a load of bikes, and spent most of the race having some good battles trying to work my back through the field. I'd dropped to 3rd in class, but as most of my cup races went this weekend, the start was my flaw, I'd dropped so many places off the line, that the leading PI boys had got away. There was a big crash at Clearways which condensed the field a bit and I got back past some bikes. I eventually got behind the 2nd place bloke, and another lap I'd have had him, but another major crash at druids brought out the red flag and I finished 3rd in class, 0.3 behind 2nd, and 16th overall out of 30 finishers. Not a bad stard, time had come down to a 51.7.

Necomers Race 1 - Dads bike. Utter nightmare, got on the grid, someones bike broke down, got him off the grid, went round for another warmup, then someones bike dropped fluid, so delayed again. 2 warm up laps later, we got off the line, by Druids, the red flag was out. Someone flipped the bike on the start and someone hit him. Once we left park ferme, we done another 2 warm up laps, lined up, then the lights went red, flashed orange, 2 more bikes had overheated. Race cancelled till the end of the day.

Cup Race 2 - My Bike. Another bad start pushed me right back, the fastest PI bloke got a good one and shot off, and I lost loads of places. Race was spent pushing through the pack, working on braking point. I did have a great dual with a 675, he'd come past me down the straight/into Paddock, and I was slow in but very fast out. Two laps he done it, and in the two laps I out-broke him into Druids round the outside. The next lap he came past again, but going up tro Druids he thought I'd go round the outside, I spotted it straight away and shot up the inside this time. He didn't come back past I eventually got through the group of riders but everyone else had gone. I got a good last lap overtake into Druids on an R6, but ended up P17 overall, lap of 51.5

Excuse the "dash" footage, as I'd never used the bike I didn't realise the dash was mostly in view.

Cup / Pre Injection Race 2

Newcomers Race 2 - I used my Dads bike. Again, similar to above, but a better start, spent most of the race trying to make a few places up, a friend of mine had got past earlier in the race, and he was always in front (on a 675 Trumpet), but towards the end he started to struggle and I bust my ass off trying to catch him. Not quite, he finished 0.9 in front, but I had an excellent race, great fun, P8 overall and a best lap of 51.3, the times were coming down.

Cup Race 3 - Dads Bike. Similar to race 1, bad start, spent most of the race playing catchup, I had a vast amount more pace than other bikes around me, but I'd lose out down the straights. I could outbrake most and carried so much more corner speed, but losing down the straights put me too far behind to overtake. I done my best and got past loads, but still ended up P3 in class, P22 overall with a 51.7. I just cloudn't get any clear track once I'd got up to speed and my Dads suspension setup was tearing the right side of the tyre.

Newcomers Race 3 - My Bike. Got a "better" start, but still got swamped by Paddock Hill, got a few bikes braking into Druids round the outside. Can't really remember too much about this race, but I know I was feeling more comfortable on my bike than my dads. I do remember one chap going straight on at Druids, from the inside line, on the first lap, nearly taking out a load of bikes, but everyone got through cleanly. I had a good race though and finished P8 again and broke the 51 barrier with a 50.9.

Newcomers Race 1 - Part 2 - My bike - Very short race. My friend got an awful start, frotn came up, came down sideways and he nearly rammed the guy in front. Start wasn't too bad, got round, and the guys in front pulled a gap. Spent most of the race trying to keep an R6 behind me, but he out-dragged me down the straight. I tried to get him back, but I'd done a lot of races today, it was about 6.20pm and cooling off, and I didn't want to bin it. I tried, but couldn't get him. Still, another P8 overall but a 51.7 lap.

Newcomers Race 1 (Race 3)

An EPIC days racing, I'd shaved loads off my times, got x3 P3's in class in the cup, and x3 P8's in the Newcomers, on a vastly older machine. I'd had some really really good battles, worked out where I was quicker than most (exit of paddock up to Druids, and Surtee's-clearways). I'd overtaken SO many bikes. Went to collect some pots. Went home to bed, utterly knackard.

Day 2:

Only had a practice and two races. Tyres we're not good (as in about 0.5mm above marker point). Dads bike had my brand new rear in from yesterday so decided to use that for practice and for Newcomers race, and my bike for Cup race (with less tyre, was on the marker point). Went out on dads for practice, got a good feeling for the bike, decided to come in, as I went up to Druids, BANG "oh sh*t I've blown it", looked left to see a chain overtaking me. Whoopsi.... Won't be using this bike today then oops

Cup Race 4 - Game on, I felt good. x3 of us PI boys were next to each other on the grid with Rob the winner from yesterday in 3 races, in front of me 3 places up. I'd matched his 50.9 lap time when I was in Newcomers so I knew I had the pace, I just had to get off the line. I got my best start of the weekend but was overtaken by one of the PI bikes, then got pushed wide into Paddock meaning I lost driven and another PI place. Jamie (orange bike) shot up my inside and then took a tight line up to Druids, the four PI bikes were all next to each other up to Druids, I went REALLY tight and got one, nearly got two, but my nose was cut and I stuck in 2nd. I wont go on about this race, just watch the video, P44 is an R6 in my class who won yesterday, but this time I'd got away with them so it was time for action. I rode hard, passing back and forth between us, but got in front and tried to put bikes between us. I done it, and broke the group and just got my head down. Last few laps I got a few more bikes, rolled off a bit and just brought it home. P1 in class, P9 overall broke the other PI lads, got my best lap of the weekend at a 50.8 (but even better, my ultimate lap was a 50.6, and this was on a tyre at the minimum marker!!!). To say I was happy was a bit of an understatement.

Its a good little video, I'm just gutted I lost my 2nd camera in the crash earlier in the year. Watch at the very end when I nearly get wiped out by Rob on the PI bike doing a wheelie lol.

Cup / Pre Injection Race 4

Newcomers Race 4 - I just wanted to enjoy the final race. Got a good start again, and headed off with the front of the pack. Had a good little tussle with other riders, but had a false neutral into Padock again (see vid above), and it nearly put me into the kitty litter. I lost places, then got stuck behind the Suzki again. I got past, then the same thing happened again pushing me right out to the outside line. I honestly thought I was going into the litter both times. I got back in front of the GSXR but another False N into Druids made me nervous, I just wanted to finish the race and not crash. I ended up P10 with a 52.1 out of 28 finished.

Newcomers RAce 4

Epic epic weekend, great battles, great laptime, some pots, good banter, god I love racing. Three 3rds and 1st in one set of races, three 8ths and a 10th in the other races.

8 Races entered in the600 Cup/Pre Injection this season. x4 wins, x3 3rds, x1 big off and a destroyed bike, broken wrist in two places and concussion.... What ifs eh. I'd love to do a full championship, but I simply cannot afford it without sponsors. I'll aim to do just a few rounds if NL do the Pre Injection class again.

And overal pot statues

[Edited on 30-09-2016 by Daimo B]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Bike racing stuff 22 database queries in 0.1096919 seconds