corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Something Pretty Cool.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Something Pretty Cool.
Tiger

User status: Offline
27th Mar 16 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A really good example of projection mapping at home.

If I had more spare cash, I would love to get a powerhouse projector and get into this shizzle.

http://youtu.be/Q1F0kt3AidE
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
28th Mar 16 at 00:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very impressive, presumably that software is quite nifty given the massive task of working out to which projector the stuff needs to go.
Tiger

28th Mar 16 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think there are both expensive auto scanning software and cheaper manual input softwares out there, but, looking at the scale of this example, I'd go with the former. I need to research more and see if I could achieve similar on a realistic budget
Gary
Premium Member

28th Mar 16 at 10:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alright if you do light and sound for a job but it looks expensive for something to get bored of
Tiger

28th Mar 16 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think if you have a decent laptop then you only require a decent projector, but by decent, you'd probably need to spend a couple of grand, or at least from what I've seen / read.
Ian
Site Administrator

28th Mar 16 at 12:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is that just one projector? I thought it may be a few perpendicular to each other. Either way, some hefty maths going on.
Tiger

28th Mar 16 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quite possibly, it's difficult to figure out from the video.
Ian
Site Administrator

28th Mar 16 at 15:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks it to me or its a very high contrast to get the surfaces that bright at an oblique angle.
Dom

28th Mar 16 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger
i think there are both expensive auto scanning software....

Most of the time it's static so the environment is modeled and the animation is laid on top of that (using mapping or post-prod software, Millumin etc). Then it's a case of correctly aligning the projector(s) to the (real world) environment and playing static footage.
Multi-projection setups (for big environments, rather than double-stacking) is a bit more difficult but the modeled environment will help with projector placement and/or there's software that'll handle that aspect.
Major cost is the projectors, especially if you want to do outdoor mapping.

Only reason i know a little about this is because i was attempting to do it back at uni; didn't get particularly far as there wasn't really one-stop tools/software back then, plus i was attempting to use MaxMSP and go down the interactive route (with enough time i probably could have got somewhere with it).

Interactive or reactive (like this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE1A0Ll9omc) projection mapping is where it get's interesting though but it's pretty bespoke at that end.

[Edited on 28-03-2016 by Dom]
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Mar 16 at 01:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That pool one would be cooler if you got the lines like when you used to play it in Flash.

[Edited on 29-03-2016 by Ian]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Something Pretty Cool. 22 database queries in 0.0105889 seconds