corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Orlando. Things to do?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Orlando. Things to do?
carl123uk

User status: Offline
23rd Mar 16 at 07:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going to orlando in a couple of weeks and looking for recommendations on things to do? We are staying on I drive and we have a hire car. Got tickets to sea world and aquatica. Also having a day in tampa and at the beach.

Any must go to places?
nathy_87

23rd Mar 16 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Funnily enough my mate's just got back from there. Universal Studios would be a good shout and The Kennedy Space Centre if you're into that.

But why don't people research before actually travelling to these places? Yes okay others may have gone before so that they can recommend it, but at least get a jist of it and get a few ideas down.

[Edited on 23-03-2016 by nathy_87]
carl123uk

23rd Mar 16 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We went about 3/4 years ago so we will be going to the same sort of places we went last time for food and drink. Was just wondering if people had been recently in the last year and anything had changed or unearthed a gem that wasn't on the normal strip.

We did universal last time we went. We didn't have a hire car and this time we have so can do things a bit further away.

Was looking at the rocket launch stuff and someone posted up a site with the schedule of launches on. Does anyone know it? Had a Google but can't find anything
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

23rd Mar 16 at 13:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theme parks!!!
If you went 4 years ago nearly every park has something new

I drive has had major renovations. Loads to do just on that 1 road.

Where are you staying?
nathy_87

23rd Mar 16 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theme parks would be a must for me also, especially if you went 3-4 years ago.
sc0ott

23rd Mar 16 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went there last sept / oct.
we had one of the universal passes which let us in to all the theme parks and water parks.
Went to Kennedy space centre.
Had discovery cove booked with dolphin swim.
The shopping outlets are brilliant and cheap. We even bought clothes online and had it delivered to the hotel.
Downtown Disney was alright but planet Hollywood restaurant was brilliant.

There is tons to do. We didn't hire a car, just used the I-trolley buses but I would recommend hiring one if you plan on doing a lot of trips to places just because everything is well spaced out and the buses Get full easily
LukesCorsaSXi

23rd Mar 16 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by carl123uk
Going to orlando in a couple of weeks and looking for recommendations on things to do? We are staying on I drive and we have a hire car. Got tickets to sea world and aquatica. Also having a day in tampa and at the beach.

Any must go to places?

Where abouts you stopping? We're stopping in the Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando from the 12-26th April. Make sure you go to the Outlets on either end of the shuttle. Universal and Islands of Adventure are a must. Make sure you go at night aswell as in the day as they host events and stuff at night.

Bush Gardens is also decent. Miami is also an option if you're willing to travel a bit further.

You flying with Virgin? V Room in Manchester is awesome.
whitter45

23rd Mar 16 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

spend a weekend in Miami - couple of hours drive and then 4hrs to key west

Orlando is massively overrated IMO
sc0ott

23rd Mar 16 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably over rated to those who would rather spend their time setting up camera tripods than going out and having fun
Kyle T
Premium Member

23rd Mar 16 at 18:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Disney, even with no kids their parks are just epic. Food, drink, atmosphere - would not dream of going to Orlando without Disney and we seem to be going every other year too and still not bored

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

23rd Mar 16 at 18:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
spend a weekend in Miami - couple of hours drive and then 4hrs to key west

Orlando is massively overrated IMO

I hate Miami, luckily only wasted 3 nights there last time... The Keys though are fabulous, even though I'd argue that you don't need to go all the way down to Key West to get the idea

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
whitter45

23rd Mar 16 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

agree, Miami wasn't great but glad we experienced it

Also agree that anywhere along the keys is great
whitter45

23rd Mar 16 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
Probably over rated to those who would rather spend their time setting up camera tripods than going out and having fun

not sure if that was aimed at me

I just think for the money it costs to do all the parks, hire the car, etc there are far better places in the world to visit

agree its a must do, but unsure why I would return year on year
noshua

23rd Mar 16 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LukesCorsaSXi
quote:
Originally posted by carl123uk

Any must go to places?

Where abouts you stopping? We're stopping in the Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando

Stayed there the other year. Stayed at the one near wet n wild as well.

Carl - rosen Inn the one near wet n wild, opposite ponderosa. There is a restaurant called SHOGUN. It's next to the hotels bar, eat there. They cook it on a hot plate in front of you, might be worth a phone call to book in at night but maybe ok.

Do all the parks, go wet n wild its closing down end of the year so may as well do it one last time

Me brother sis n a couple others did the firing range not sure how far away it was wasn't too far tho, mum n dad did an air boat ride they said that was good. I went in a helicopter was expensive but if you never been in one worth it I suppose, it goes up n down international drive. That's based next door to rosen Inn at pointe.

Obviously the outlets for some cheap clothes

Go to a steak n shake

Jealous that you're going

[Edited on 23-03-2016 by noshua]
BeetleGav

23rd Mar 16 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm booked to go in September, not been for about 10years so I can't wait!
Staying in a villa somewhere outside of Kissimmee, also hiring a convertible mustang or similar as I will be doing a lot of driving, sack doing it in something boring.

Oh I recommend going to the car meet thing that happens in Kissimmee old town, was a great atmosphere when I went years ago
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

23rd Mar 16 at 23:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im going in sept/oct

We are staying in the sonesta suites on I drive. right opposite the new I drive 360.

We have tickets for discovery cove swim, busch gardens, wet n wild, Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, SeaWorld. We will get a disney pass for the 1 or 2 days we want to go.

As i said before there is new stuff in every part if you went 4 years ago. The Harry Potter stuff and Transformers is good in the universal parks, King Kong might be open too

Mako at SeaWorld, Falcons Fury and another at Busch and the disney parks have other stuff too, as well as downtown disney becoming disney springs (bigger and better)

As for eats you will never run out of places but I would recommend Outback steak house and buffalo wild wings (if you like wings)
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

23rd Mar 16 at 23:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as Gav said the Old Town meets are good. Its old style cars on the Friday and a bit of everything on the Saturday. And you have the Sky Coaster
squashE30M3

24th Mar 16 at 23:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Make sure you try and go to Wonderworks at Pointe Orlando and for a great prime rib go to FishBones but don't get that confused by Bonefish.
carl123uk

25th Mar 16 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for all the suggestions. Can't remember the name of the hotel but it's up the top end near wonderworks and pointe orlando.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

26th Mar 16 at 13:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought wonder works was poor myself.

There's escape rooms there now I want to try one of them
Cole

26th Mar 16 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you got no kids I don't see the point in orlando. should of gone to vegas then drove down to LA if ypu are doing a fly drive thing
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

26th Mar 16 at 20:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are adults not allowed to enjoy roller coasters?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Orlando. Things to do? 23 database queries in 0.1980600 seconds