corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Budget 2016

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Budget 2016
pow
Premium Member

User status: Offline
16th Mar 16 at 13:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Watching this with hawk eyes as I'm so heavily involved in the state education system. The acadamisation thing isn't new to us edu-folk but the primary funding formula will be interesting.

Interesting about the Severn Bridge
pow
Premium Member

16th Mar 16 at 13:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sugar tax being introduced
Posted at
13:26
A sugar levy will be introduced on soft drinks. It will come into force in 2018 to give the industry time to adjust, the Chancellor says. The £520m expected to be raised will be used to help support school sport.

pow
Premium Member

16th Mar 16 at 13:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuel duty frozen
Posted at
13:28
The Chancellor is freezing fuel duty. He says the move means a £75 a year saving for the average driver: It's "the tax boost that keep Britain on the move."

Good stuff
Ellis

16th Mar 16 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At last, some relief for the O&G industry. Reducing the additional corporation tax on O&G producers.
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

16th Mar 16 at 13:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Increase in personal tax allowance to £11,500.

Increase in individual ISA allowance from £15k to £20k.

Introduction of a new 'lifetime' ISA for under 40's, where Gov will add £1 for every £4 saved - be interested to see how this'll work.

Halving of Severn Bridge tolls by 2018 will be interesting and useful - planning to buy in S. Wales during 2016, but still work in Bristol.
Shelly
Premium Member

16th Mar 16 at 14:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Watching this with hawk eyes as I'm so heavily involved in the state education system. The acadamisation thing isn't new to us edu-folk but the primary funding formula will be interesting.

Interesting about the Severn Bridge

We are in the process of becoming an Academy. Jump before you are pushed.
pow
Premium Member

16th Mar 16 at 14:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah Shelleh we are well on board
Cavey

16th Mar 16 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That sugar tax is a load of bullshit. You don't want kids to get fat? Educate the parents and the children. Don't make me pay 20p a bottle more for my bottle of coke. Fucking cunts.
Ellis

16th Mar 16 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it's good, about time the fat cunts of this country pay for the burden they impose on the NHS. Although it does punish the bloke who likes the odd bottle but in which case 20p shouldn't matter in the slightest.
Cavey

16th Mar 16 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I buy a bottle a day before walking 9 mile for work. We have a few 2l bottles a week at home too. Neither my wife or I are overweight. So it'll cost us a fair bit more over the year.

Although I guess I may gain a little with the tax threshold being ever so slightly raised.
Cavey

16th Mar 16 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Won't stop the fat cunts anyway. Just means more money for the government to spend away. They claim towards school sport. Yeah. Sure.
Cavey

16th Mar 16 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

However I think there should probably be tighter restrictions or taxes on energy drinks.

(slightly contradicting myself)
Ellis

16th Mar 16 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Robert Peston on Twitter saying it cost £1.2bn to raise pre-tax allowance and reduce capital gains tax. Strangely equates to the amount of cuts to disability benefits.
Gary
Premium Member

16th Mar 16 at 19:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why cut disability benefits? It's not their fault they are disabled! That's like picking on the kid in a wheelchair ffs.

Maybe make prisons profit making instead of a cushy number for the scum of society.
Kev_GSI

16th Mar 16 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
That sugar tax is a load of bullshit. You don't want kids to get fat? Educate the parents and the children. Don't make me pay 20p a bottle more for my bottle of coke. Fucking cunts.

If they dont want the kids to get fat dont buy them a fucking Ipad buy them a bike and send them out in the garden - not rocket science is it.
Gary
Premium Member

16th Mar 16 at 20:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fat kids tend to have rough parents who are rough because they are stupid.

Just tax stupidity. Sorted.
Jambo

16th Mar 16 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sugar in fizzy drinks is not the problem, the issue is all the hidden sugar in foods that have no business having sugar in them that people eat daily.

Fucking tax it. Dicks, it's their answer to everything, it will not cure the obesity crisis.
Gary
Premium Member

16th Mar 16 at 20:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No such thing as hidden sugar. Unless you can't read. Which takes me back to taxing stupidity
Jambo

16th Mar 16 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whilst I agree in part. I take it when doing your weekly shop you read every label of every product you buy?
Gary
Premium Member

17th Mar 16 at 08:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't go shopping but my Mrs is a health freak so she will. I always get whinged at about stuff been full of shit I eat. But I'm not fat so I can.
Ellis

17th Mar 16 at 08:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree that taxing sugar doesn't directly solve the obesity crisis but it does however generate funds for the NHS to treat these people. The cost to treat obese people is well into 9 figures.

By comparison, studies have shown that tax generated from tobacco tax almost recompenses the NHS for the costs treating the chronic disease it causes.

Regarding the disability benefits; I don't know about anyone else on here but, I would willingly pass on my extra £100 a year in income tax reduction if I knew it was coming from cuts to disabled people. £100 a year is irrelevant to me but is collectively huge across the UK.
Andrew

23rd Mar 16 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One problem I see with people claiming disability is how they monitor peoples disabilities. It has been made to easy for people to abuse the system. In my opinion if the government invested in people to monitor disability recipients i.e. someone can't walk x amount but has been spotted they can as they have been out walking the dog for the past 3 days... This generating jobs as well as protecting benefits
Robin
Premium Member

24th Mar 16 at 09:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3.3 MILLION people claim disability allowance.

If you employ people to monitor them, you'd need to get maybe 1 person for every 6 or 7 people to make it possible to monitor it well enough so that's 500,000 people you've employed.

The annual bill for benefits is £13bn.

If you paid your half million new staff minimum wage and they worked 9 to 5, 5 days a week, their wages are £15184 a year each (which is much less than you'd have to pay them), that's a total of £7,592,000,000 (7.6 billion give or take)

So, for it to be cost effective, you need to pay half a million people minimum wage to follow people round every day, and find that half of the people claiming disability allowance are claiming it fraudulently before you even break even....

[Edited on 24-03-2016 by Robin]
Ian
Site Administrator

24th Mar 16 at 13:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Except that you get some tax benefits and economic multiplier effects of employing people to do such jobs. ie. those people who you're paying to do bullshit things that don't save the country and money will actually spend their income and therefore its a good idea because of that instead.
Steve
Premium Member

24th Mar 16 at 14:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Far too many common ailments that people just used to live with and get on with are classed as disabilities now. Even anxiety ffs.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Budget 2016 22 database queries in 0.1870351 seconds