corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bought a beemer

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bought a beemer
pow
Premium Member

User status: Offline
24th Jan 16 at 18:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Always wanted a E39 5 series, this one came up at a steal of a price from someone I know, 2 owners all it's life (brothers), more receipts than you can imagine and manual:

The silver one its a mates 523i that he also bought for a steal of a price a couple of years ago. Unlucky for him his is auto, clth seats and an SE not a Sport

It's a 528i Sport, sand beige leather, auto dimming mirrors (that seem to be permanently dimmed), upgraded BMW business stereo, high OBD, think it's got Xenons too but not 100%. Downside is it's done 171k but drives really nice.

Need to do a couple of things on it, couple of bulbs out in the dash/stereo (but no lines in the display!), airbag light is on due to occupancy sensor fudge up, springs in the gearstick no longer spring so finding 3rd is a right bubble, accelerator pedal is proper sticky.

Plans are to fiddle with it, drive it, maybe go sideways in it, drive it to some farfetched place in Europe with my best buddy and generally use and abuse it.

[Edited on 24-01-2016 by pow]
pow
Premium Member

24th Jan 16 at 18:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and a clean inside, big time. Gunna rent a rug doctor so Dad and I can do all the cars at home seats out, it proper stinks in there at the moment.
pow
Premium Member

24th Jan 16 at 18:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Watching the MPG dial swing about is amusing also
Ian
Site Administrator

24th Jan 16 at 18:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Makes the silver one look shit
pow
Premium Member

24th Jan 16 at 18:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does indeed

I think the M Sport kit really makes these look well.

Tempted to have a bit of exhaust taken out to make it louder...

[Edited on 24-01-2016 by pow]
--ToM--

24th Jan 16 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Welcome to the bmw winners club. 171k is fuck all I bet it drives like it's done 50k lovely looking motor, wanted an e39 530d before I got the e60 just couldn't pay the premium they still demand despite the age!
pow
Premium Member

24th Jan 16 at 19:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Throttle is weird, sticky on the first part, but apart from that it drives nice. Love the way it's really quiet and reserved up to 3k then when you open it up it sounds awesome.
--ToM--

24th Jan 16 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Press and hold the traction control button untill the triangle and the brake warning light come on then you can commence major skids
GB123
Premium Member

24th Jan 16 at 19:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love e39's, manual is pretty rare too
pow
Premium Member

24th Jan 16 at 19:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*major kerb bashing
Nic Barnes

24th Jan 16 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bloody awful interior.
Ojc

24th Jan 16 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love you
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

24th Jan 16 at 20:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brings back memories. That's what Phil was looking for before he bought one like your mates
Corsa_Sport21

24th Jan 16 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Absolutely love these e39 msports. Went to view a 520 which was a right dog yet described as mint but was a pak1 selling it so should have expected it. You could have put it in any gear, and rotate the gearstick the whole circumference of the surround, possibly same issue as yours.

If its not already been done, get the cooling system overhauled, major weak point on the engines of that era.
pow
Premium Member

24th Jan 16 at 21:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Talk to me about cheap diagnostic kits, how to clean leather and wrapping that god awful walnut.

It had a water pump a little while ago, seems fine at the moment.
Ben G

24th Jan 16 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
Bloody awful interior.

Proper pak1 spec that.
whitter45

24th Jan 16 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks great that does - congrats
--ToM--

25th Jan 16 at 07:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Every raves about INPA for cheap diagnostics
Jambo

25th Jan 16 at 08:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That doesn't have xenons Pow.

Cool car, nothing wrong with an auto tho? Mate just got one of these (se) for £700, drives alright!
pow
Premium Member

25th Jan 16 at 08:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shame, bulbs are good then

Just not sure an auto would last this sort of mileage, Steve's is on 105k and it's got all sorts of box problems.

Jambo - have you still got diagnostic kit?
--ToM--

25th Jan 16 at 08:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Early boxes weren't the best, later auto boxes are meant to b great, well that's what Iv read and am hoping haha
pow
Premium Member

25th Jan 16 at 08:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Couldn't sleep last night so did loads of reading, apparently a E60 545i shifter is cheap and sorts the sloppy stick right out. 2000 was the changeover year for throttle cable or FBW, so it's either a new cable or new pedal, airbag light is likely to be the sensor in the seat which you can for cheap. There's also a bulb out in the display so I'll pop that out tonight and check it out.
SteveoBC
Premium Member

25th Jan 16 at 08:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ka has taken a back seat to this then i take pow?

please tell me you will take this out at combe for a laugh?
pow
Premium Member

25th Jan 16 at 09:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ka was so rotten under the sills (inners non exisitant) and the subframe had cracked, took £32 in scrap for it in the end.
Balling
Premium Member

25th Jan 16 at 09:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --ToM--
Welcome to the bmw winners club.

Where E36's look incredibly dated now, the E39 just looks like a classic.
Great colour as well.

That interior leaves something to be desired, though...

Don't bother with wrapping the wood, get it painted or replaced. A wrap is going to look worse than it does now.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bought a beemer 23 database queries in 0.1905370 seconds