corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Please help Car/Battery went dead! Not sure why???

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Please help Car/Battery went dead! Not sure why???
eyeopen
Banned

User status: Offline
29th Dec 15 at 02:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys, another issue, I went on a long drive on Saturday, London and back and didn't play music(have amp+sub) much at all, so yesterday I tried to change my fog bulbs as I got new ones, wanted to see if old or new were better, anyways was headache doing it, so had ignition on and also sidelights and turned fogs on and off for around 45mins or so, maybe less.

Ok so my heater stopped working few days ago, only works on level/speed 4 so it was technically on 3 as next is 4 which need to be on to turn heating on, so not sure if it being on 3 takes power? even though heating doesn't turn on till speed 4.

So went to couple places today, they said alternator battery is ok, I just wish to know one would this 45 mins of lights ignition on drain the battery to point it wont start? Also only took few hours to fully charge according to my charger.

My Batters in 50AH and I believe around 360CCA

I wish to upgrade the battery whats most powerful battery I can get? and will the CCA or 5o Ah make difference to me? thankx

Ian
Site Administrator

29th Dec 15 at 03:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heater positions are controlled by a resistor which lowers the voltage on the settings other than 4.

It does this by turning the energy in to heat, a fault in this being the reason that lots of Zafiras have caught fire - http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/zafiracustomeradvice.html

So if you have no motor movement but your battery is draining, I'd strongly advise sorting that heater resistor problem first before looking any further.

No Corsas reported as catching fire but fan fault and battery drain is a big concern for me.

Could also be that your battery is getting old and in the winter being worked harder - lights, wipers, demist element etc. I also assume you'd need the lights on to check the fogs. All of which could do it.

But sort that heater.
--ToM--

29th Dec 15 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because the splitter fell off imo
eyeopen
Banned

29th Dec 15 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Heater positions are controlled by a resistor which lowers the voltage on the settings other than 4.

It does this by turning the energy in to heat, a fault in this being the reason that lots of Zafiras have caught fire - http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/zafiracustomeradvice.html

So if you have no motor movement but your battery is draining, I'd strongly advise sorting that heater resistor problem first before looking any further.

No Corsas reported as catching fire but fan fault and battery drain is a big concern for me.

Could also be that your battery is getting old and in the winter being worked harder - lights, wipers, demist element etc. I also assume you'd need the lights on to check the fogs. All of which could do it.

But sort that heater.

Hi thankx for reply, no I didn't need lights on just sidelights then can turn fog lights on kept ignition on for this but still worried about battery. Now I know how rubbish it is think it might be needed especially with lights going on 30 seconds every time I open the car, and sub amp etc. What size I have to go for and code? like this?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351499134893?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

So regarding the heater speeds the same amount of power is used no matter what speed is used? Eg at lower speeds the resistor just heats up to drain some energy and rest goes on fan heating? so if I had it on speed 3, would still of drained battery.

eyeopen
Banned

29th Dec 15 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --ToM--

I dont understand how you think, why would one make up lies as I'm posting and get enjoyment out of it?

I'm on a few forums and to get more advice, different opinions sometimes I post same thing to them too

[Edited on 29-12-2015 by eyeopen]
taylorboosh

29th Dec 15 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian - really?
Ian
Site Administrator

30th Dec 15 at 00:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really what, if you have the heater on position 3 then the resistor will be drawing some current and the resultant voltage will be available to the fan.

Or its open circuit and doing nothing and its fine, or its getting hot.

Either way, I wouldn't be leaving it.
--ToM--

30th Dec 15 at 08:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian's replies remind me of something a college tutor would come out with.
--ToM--

30th Dec 15 at 08:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by eyeopen
quote:

I dont understand how you think, why would one make up lies as I'm posting and get enjoyment out of it?

I'm on a few forums and to get more advice, different opinions sometimes I post same thing to them too

Not once did I suggest any of that.

You just did it all by yourself.
Generation

30th Dec 15 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need more information in your posts mate.
MatthewR

30th Dec 15 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Ronson

30th Dec 15 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Battery went dead coz it lost its charge m8
eyeopen
Banned

30th Dec 15 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Really what, if you have the heater on position 3 then the resistor will be drawing some current and the resultant voltage will be available to the fan.

Or its open circuit and doing nothing and its fine, or its getting hot.

Either way, I wouldn't be leaving it.

ok will do, I will get back to you if need help, thankx
eyeopen
Banned

30th Dec 15 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Not once did I suggest any of that.

You just did it all by yourself.

You suggested it with your comment, but if honestly a Mod came to me and said they wanted proof I'm more than happy to show them lol. I can show pics of old bumper, new one on car without splitter and video of heating not working

eyeopen
Banned

30th Dec 15 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
Need more information in your posts mate.

really ? like ?
Generation

30th Dec 15 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Date of birth, and what time you're having dinner
Ronson

30th Dec 15 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How long is your schlong
--ToM--

30th Dec 15 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't be too harsh on the kid, Iv allready been told off by Ian.
Jason x
Premium Member

30th Dec 15 at 22:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's mental retardation you can't reason with it
Jason x
Premium Member

30th Dec 15 at 22:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thankx
eyeopen
Banned

31st Dec 15 at 03:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Honestly, you guys are being immature, not me, and I'm 33, lol.

Also please help, need to find decent battery, I'm guessing you guys love corsas and would like more around pumping good bass and turning heads, if that's the case could help me out a bit,

Please check links battery is 175H 175W and 278L, will they fit ok?

thankx

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351499134893?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&clk_rvr_id=959642251814&afsrc=1&rmvSB=true

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291554505513?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
taylorboosh

31st Dec 15 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Something like this...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/161469167439
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

31st Dec 15 at 10:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Honestly, you guys are being immature, not me, and I'm 33, lol.

Also please help, need to find decent battery, I'm guessing you guys love corsas and would like more around pumping good bass and turning heads, if that's the case could help me out a bit,

Please check links battery is 175H 175W and 278L, will they fit ok?

thankx

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351499134893?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&clk_rvr_id=959642251814&afsrc=1&rmvSB=true

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291554505513?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

learn to spell thanks
eyeopen
Banned

31st Dec 15 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any one?
Generation

31st Dec 15 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Couldn't give a shit how many are driving around "pumping bass"

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Please help Car/Battery went dead! Not sure why??? 22 database queries in 0.1003540 seconds