corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » GoPros

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author GoPros
gidged500
Premium Member

User status: Offline
4th Dec 15 at 00:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thinking of getting one for when I do some track days next year

No idea what to go for

Any advice / experiences using one will be very helpful

SteveoBC
Premium Member

4th Dec 15 at 15:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go pro hero 4 is the latest one, but iv had my hero 3 black edition for over a year now and its been great

Hero 4 you will be paying top end money as its the new one out and the really expensive ones have a monitor on the back now for instant play back

if you are using it for track days i would go out and get a hero3 as they are the previous model they will be cheaper by far

some good editing software and an up to date PC/Laptop will be advisable to check out the footage and edit and you can edit on go-pro software that they provide

also invest in some extra batteries and big size micro sd cards for filiming all the sessions

also you will need a decent mount to attach to the car in a fix position, suction cup ones are ok but can sometimes come loose

if you have a cage, bolt it to that, if not you can get bars that attach and sit between driver and passenger head rests and you can bolt the go pro to that

if you really want a good sound of the exhaust, you can also invest an an external mic

[Edited on 04-12-2015 by SteveoBC]
Nic Barnes

4th Dec 15 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My 4 silver cost me £220 on an offer from Argos. It's great.
Steve
Premium Member

4th Dec 15 at 15:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Difference in image quality between 3 and 4 is quite a lot
Tiger

4th Dec 15 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got a 3+ white edition and the quality is great, takes a while to render mind you if it's a long video using GoPro software and anything from 720p upwards.
Nic Barnes

4th Dec 15 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could that be your computer struggling though? As mine doesn't take all that long in the go pro software even when it's recorded in 4k
Tiger

4th Dec 15 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It could be, I tend to render on my i3 laptop rather than my desktop because I'm lazy
Nic Barnes

4th Dec 15 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.argos.co.uk/m/static/Product/partNumber/3094408.htm

£259 at Argos currently. That's the same as what I bought. Then got a cheap eBay accessory kit with about 20 items for £19 including the chest strap and selfie wand I use the most.
Tiger

4th Dec 15 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've heard some horror stories about the cheap 3rd party accessories being made from brittle plastic that breaks easily. I use a cheap wrist strap for snorkelling which has been fine but wouldn't chance a cheap suction cup so I bought a genuine go pro one.
Nic Barnes

4th Dec 15 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've used the cheap chest strap for a couple of years, had many smashes on the cycle bike and it's never broken or damaged at all.
Jimbothebarbarian

4th Dec 15 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
I've used the cheap chest strap for a couple of years, had many smashes on the cycle bike and it's never broken or damaged at all.

Ditto, and I fall off more often, and I'm fatter when I land on it...
boyracer2002

5th Dec 15 at 07:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got the hero 4 silver and love it, helps having the screen on the back too unlike the 3. As for attachments I got the genuine suction cup but rest are copies such as head strap, wrist, chest and water boy and all have been sound so far. I mount the camera inside the car when out though just with one of the sticky pads
Toby
Premium Member

5th Dec 15 at 22:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Difference in image quality between 3 and 4 is quite a lot

Stills or video.

I have a 3+ and used a 4 but never seen the raw footage from it.
DaveyLC

6th Dec 15 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hero 4 Black., if you can't afford that then buy a 3 or 3+ black.. The silvers and whites are a waste of time.

[Edited on 06-12-2015 by DaveyLC]
Nic Barnes

6th Dec 15 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

4 silver has marginally more features than the 3 black. Not really sure what you are talking about with that comment.
Nic Barnes

6th Dec 15 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
Hero 4 Black., if you can't afford that then buy a 3 or 3+ black.. The silvers and whites are a waste of time.

[Edited on 06-12-2015 by DaveyLC]

http://www.unsponsored.co.uk/press/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/unsponsored_GoPro_Comparision.jpg

link to the specs. can you elaborate why the 4 silver is a waste of time compared the the 3 black please so i know what to buy?
DaveyLC

7th Dec 15 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Usable 4k, Higher frame-rates in HD, better DSP with a much higher bitrate which means far less anomalies and lower compression in video.. Oh and better light metering in the real world.

The Black works pretty well in low-light (its not great) where as the Silver is pretty piss poor (as you found out yourself).

Honestly the Black is worth the extra money!

And I know you love shooting me down in a ball of fire Nic but I have actually owned every single model of the regular go-pro and use them very regularly in many different conditions so I do actually know what I'm talking about here.
Nic Barnes

7th Dec 15 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you compared the link above which shows the 4 silver and 3 black?

And you claim the silvers are a waste of time? Yet it's the same spec as the 3 black that you recommend?
BarnshaW

7th Dec 15 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can get the 4 Black new on Ebay for 269 so its worth the extra 40 quid
DaveyLC

7th Dec 15 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
have you compared the link above which shows the 4 silver and 3 black?

And you claim the silvers are a waste of time? Yet it's the same spec as the 3 black that you recommend?

Its not though, that link CLEARLY shows the differences I mentioned and in the real world the black is superior, watch some youtube comparisons and stop being such a stubborn prick
Nic Barnes

7th Dec 15 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.gizmag.com/gopro-hero4-vs-gopro-hero3plus/34090/

Not being a dick but I honestly can't see the difference between the 3 black and the 4 silver that you say there is?
DaveyLC

7th Dec 15 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The difference between 3/3+ black and 4 silver is very small but the difference between the 4 black and 4 silver is much bigger..

Like I say get the high model of black you can afford to buy.. A 2nd hand or old stock 3 black is probably still cheaper than brand new 4 silver and you'll get a ever so slightly better camera.

[Edited on 07-12-2015 by DaveyLC]
stevebarret

11th Jan 17 at 07:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Always looking at digital camera reviews online whatever the brand is. I always go for the reliability of the camera and its overall quality.
tom130691
Premium Member

11th Jan 17 at 07:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

save some money I use a contour roam 2 for kart racing.

it was £90 and is more than enough,

https://youtu.be/iBvoAhpaj4s?t=60
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

11th Jan 17 at 07:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive gone back in time

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » GoPros 22 database queries in 0.1843109 seconds