corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » McDonalds- 'Thicker' Burgers

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author McDonalds- 'Thicker' Burgers
Eck
Premium Member

User status: Offline
8th Nov 15 at 13:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ellis
I don't care if it's halal or not but when I can't get bacon because of some a stupid god worshipping imbeciles then it begins to grate somewhat.

Have to agree with this. Who am I to tell people what to, or not to believe it in, but for fuck sake leave my bacon alone.
Ben G

8th Nov 15 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just had 5 rashers of Turkey bacon
oJNAo
Premium Member

8th Nov 15 at 14:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyway..

I loved Gourmet Burger Kitchen when I went, had the cheese and bacon and swapped beef for buffalo. We all got 30% off with my mate's student card too which made it a decent and cheap hangover meal.
Toby
Premium Member

8th Nov 15 at 17:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
quote:
Originally posted by Toby
quote:
Originally posted by Generation
Don't even own a computer "pal"
It's quite ironic, that I'm the one spending too long online, yet you have articles to dig out. I think you're the one needing to experience some more real world. About to visit 6th different country in the last 12 months next week, not to mention 20+ different hotels in that time, none of which was work related.

Please talk me about your offline experiences pal.

[Edited on 08-11-2015 by Generation]

Quite a bite at that. Must have hit a nerve, or the truth hurts. Even had to throw in an edit too.

Just for reference, the article wasn't online. It was part of a cast study I had saved locally.

The old "I wasn't involved or arguing, I was winding you up" argument.

Ahh, reminds me of Facebook replies. I take it you have nothing as an actual reply. Thought as much

Not in the slightest. You told me not to post something. I countered with why I should. You then went on the war path trying to protest the opposite.

Luckily I'm content and in position where I don't need to justify to a internet persona that I have real world experience because I've travelled to 8 countries in the last year.
Toby
Premium Member

8th Nov 15 at 17:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
I know a Toby actually, guy owns a carvary near here

Have shares in Mitchels & Butler so on a technicality I do too.
Generation

8th Nov 15 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was saying one more country too obvious a lie
Toby
Premium Member

8th Nov 15 at 17:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Eh?
Nic Barnes

8th Nov 15 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can travel to another country in about 5 minutes.
Ben G

8th Nov 15 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same. Well it's a different county but might aswell be a different country. They're all.weirdo's in Kent.
Dom

8th Nov 15 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bringing this back on topic, had a another Five Guys yesterday (trying out the one in MK) - £30 quid for two bacon burgers, large fries and two cokes My opinion hasn't changed, they're just a glorified McDonalds with the same well-done thin (granted, the patty is slightly thicker than McD but no where near the same as other burger places) patty.
The only impressive thing was the soda dispensers (haven't seen these in other Five Guys), called Coca-Cola "Freestyle" machines, which did nearly every type of soda you could think of, eg - Coke Orange

[Edited on 09-11-2015 by Dom]
Generation

8th Nov 15 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also went 5 guys yesterday, at lakeside.

Think pod around £30, same drink dispensers that local hatvestor now has, I love vanilla Pepsi Max!
Ben G

8th Nov 15 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm round the corner and was going to go there last night but I had ribs in the fridge.

Shame, could've proved to cs that you do actually have a life.
Generation

8th Nov 15 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was there during the day, was shopping for snow clothes
AlexSXI

9th Nov 15 at 08:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AlexSXI
I know food and inparticularly Burgers are a good talking point on here...

McDonald's have introduced new thicker burgers to compete with the likes of Five Guys etc. See here > http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/mcdonalds-launches-new-thicker-premium-6772030

We have a really good Burger joint called Love-Thy-Burger in Colchester and this has really made the 'Gourmet Burger' market open up around town.

Luckily enough the McDonalds at Colchester Stadium is testing these new burgers so I'll aim to try one over the weekend and report back

Managed to try one yesterday, had the Classic, it was ok but no real difference to a Big Tasty I didn't think, the only improvement was the Bun which obviously isn't the key part. Don't rush to get one
Toby
Premium Member

9th Nov 15 at 18:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Took a few people to Five Guys today in Trafford centre. Not what I would call value for money! £50 for three burgers, fries and milkshakes! Had a lot better for less.
Kyle T
Premium Member

9th Nov 15 at 19:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't realise Five Guys was in the UK... certainly not seen any round here.

Hearing that it's an "expensive" burger place is a bit weird, in the US it was just a McDs or BK alternative... I can't remember it being particularly expensive or of a different league of quality.

Used to go to the one in Atlanta airport on a weekly basis, good times

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Toby
Premium Member

9th Nov 15 at 20:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes mate, think it's pretty new, not been in the Trafford centre long. I guess there's a bit of exclusivity tax at the minute. Was a good burger but almost £9 for a bacon cheese burger on its own isn't cheap for fast food!
Ben G

9th Nov 15 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No chance they'll reduce their prices.

I think they've been popping up within the last 2 years around here, so yeah, pretty new. They must want a slice of the fat cunt British action.

Just had a large big Mac meal. Loved it. But really you need 2 of them to equal a decent sized portion. If that makes me common as muck then so be it.

[Edited on 09-11-2015 by Ben G]
Generation

9th Nov 15 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See, £50 for 3 people isn't bad.

Especially if is a dinner.
Just under £17 for dinner out, and proper milkshakes I don't think is bad at all.
Not sure where you could eat out with a milkshake for less than that. Decent milkshake is £4/£5 alone
Nic Barnes

9th Nov 15 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its priced for people with cool beards and man bags that think it's a status symbol to tag themselves in these places on face books. Basically, £17 for an Internet like from people you don't even know. Fact.
Dom

9th Nov 15 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
No chance they'll reduce their prices.

I don't think they will either. There's too much hype around Five Guys and their riding (no idea how considering there's better and cheaper burgers out there) the current burger trend, so they'll likely continue with charging triple that of a McD/BK whilst only being marginally better.

Tbf, my opinion would be vastly different if the patties were slightly thicker and they were cooked properly, ie - medium-rare rather than BBQ'd black.

quote:
its priced for people with cool beards and man bags that think it's a status symbol to tag themselves in these places on face books. Basically, £17 for an Internet like from people you don't even know. Fact.

For once i actually agree with Barnes; a lot of hipster hype.

[Edited on 09-11-2015 by Dom]
Marc

9th Nov 15 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

You have a beard
Nic Barnes

9th Nov 15 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't, I'm clean shaven. Very rare I have face hair these days. Prefer to look smart for work.
Generation

9th Nov 15 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No beard
Have never tagged myself in on Facebook there either.
Don't carry or own a man bag
Sorry to dissapoint, much better than BK in my opinion.

Full of those weirdos with eyes, and and legs though. Might cut my eyes out, just so I'll be cool for not being in a trend.

However, won't I then be part of the "I'm not in a trend" group?

[Edited on 09-11-2015 by Generation]
Ian
Site Administrator

10th Nov 15 at 00:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My local Pizza Hut has got the touch screen drinks thing, Pepsi though but cherry / lime / lemon / all sorts of sugar based fun.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » McDonalds- 'Thicker' Burgers 23 database queries in 0.1874280 seconds