corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Puma engined Ka

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Puma engined Ka
pow
Premium Member

User status: Offline
12th Oct 15 at 09:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ever since my sister had an R reg KA to learn to drive in, I've wanted to put a Puma engine in one with some stiffer suspension and wide wheels as hers was such a laugh.

I've been offered a friend's Dad's KA X reg 100k KA for free. It failed it's MOT on emissions and front brakes (both of which will be going in the bin!) but seems quite solid, even has very little rust around the filler cap. And it's down the road, and it's free. Ian will be a healthy supply of a Puma engine, box, full car/engine loom and anything else I want (I hope lol)

My plan basically involves gutting the KA, sorting any rusty issues, drivers door has a dent so will keep an eye out for one in the right colour on the bay, generally tidying up as I go. Going to put an entire puma loom from back to front in it, cutting out anything I don't need (AC etc). The KA is a base spec one so has power steering and that's about it! Might chuck some central locking and leccy windows on it if I can get the bits cheap enough. I want to keep it all on one key with no taping of keys to ignition barrels so probably going to have to change all the locks the puma ones. Internet seems to tell me that KA hubs/shafts/box > Puma bellhousing > Puma engine with a customer drivers side engine mount is the way forward - wonder if the ka box will take the power?! If it shits itself the harder way forward seems to be puma internals in a KA box (both IB5s). Will put some bigger wheels on it, don't know what yet cheap cheap cheap), puma front brakes (direct swap), slightly lower/harder suspension on it with some top braces (wonder if the puma stuff will fit again). Want to try and keep the PAS if possible. Clocks will be the other thing I'm unsure about but I'm sure I'll work it all out!

If it all fails and I've learnt how to do something on the way, not all is lost, we'll see what happens!

Pictures of the car coming on Wednesday, then I'll get on with pulling it apart!
pow
Premium Member

12th Oct 15 at 09:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it all goes well I'll treat it to P9OWW to match P8OWW
tom130691
Premium Member

12th Oct 15 at 10:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would be quite amusing to see it spanking round some of the track shows,
pow
Premium Member

12th Oct 15 at 10:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The aim of the game is to spend a little as possible. Like <£500
tom130691
Premium Member

12th Oct 15 at 10:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its fine you can race mike and his free corsa (if it still lives)
pow
Premium Member

12th Oct 15 at 10:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't wait to pull it apart
Ben G

12th Oct 15 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like a cool project! I still have some puma bits sitting in the garage. Will have to see what i've got. If no use, it's going to the tip.
pow
Premium Member

12th Oct 15 at 10:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Let me know what you've got Ben
SteveoBC
Premium Member

12th Oct 15 at 12:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id like to volunteer as test pilot at combe when its finished
3CorsaMeal

12th Oct 15 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Worth making the project thread already imo
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

12th Oct 15 at 17:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a 4x4 round by my turbo'd
Ian
Site Administrator

12th Oct 15 at 19:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DaveyLC

13th Oct 15 at 07:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pics or it didn't happen
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

13th Oct 15 at 09:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mistake it's rwd only
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

13th Oct 15 at 09:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ben G

13th Oct 15 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats bloody awesome and hilarious
DaveyLC

13th Oct 15 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VrsTurbo

Is that the same Ka? Transverse engine in the first pic, and in the second pic its lighting up the rear wheels?
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

13th Oct 15 at 13:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same engine, Different car.

Its put into a sport KA. Its now in a zetec-s
pow
Premium Member

15th Oct 15 at 08:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Worst picture ever but it's in it's new home. Let the fun commence.
DaveyLC

15th Oct 15 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oooooooooooooo!
DaveyLC

15th Oct 15 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sub'd.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

15th Oct 15 at 13:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes. Need the gritted teeth happy emoji

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Ian
Site Administrator

15th Oct 15 at 14:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

18th Oct 15 at 15:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom130691
its fine you can race mike and his free corsa (if it still lives)

I think a more correct statement would be that it still exists Tom!
pow
Premium Member

18th Oct 15 at 18:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spent a few hours in it today. It got pitch black so no pictures. Where it is at the moment I need to rig up a bit of a 12v system in the garage, no lighting is a bit of a pain. Going to get some of that LED tape, use my old Alfa battery and work have given me a solar panel for battery charging (fairly sizable). Need to get a rechargeable light as well.

Anyway, before I start on any work I wanted to make sure the car isn't an absolute rust bucket as these ka's rust for fun. Pulled the interior out, seats, plastics and carpet and have old found 2 areas (bit by a seat mount and top of sill where the door opens) that need a patch welded in. It's likely to need two new sills as every ka over 1.5 years old does. I've got a figure in my head, if it costs more than that I might cut my losses - but don't really want to!

Started to pull the dash out but doing by your phone light is not the one so I gave up and went home. This week I'll try and jack it up and check underneath as well. Then I'll get the welding done should it not cost much/be a dead car!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Puma engined Ka 24 database queries in 0.0170798 seconds