corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » New phone - anything cheap and good?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New phone - anything cheap and good?
pow
Premium Member

User status: Offline
8th Oct 15 at 09:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been rocking a 1st gen Moto G for the last 18 months, it's been good as gold but the battery life is beginning to show strain now and it's not 4G. The new one is a bloody 5" phone and I don't want something that big. I like a small phone, I have an iPad mini so don't want a big screen. Is there anything about in that pricerange that is any good at the moment?
Ellis

8th Oct 15 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What about the previous generation of Samsung Galaxy but the mini version. I'm sure it would tick all the boxes but perhaps just a little dearer.

Edit: check out Samsung Galaxy Core Prime too, that may be even cheaper and it has 4G IIRC.

[Edited on 08-10-2015 by Ellis]
pow
Premium Member

8th Oct 15 at 10:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not a bad shout, I might need to flash it with stock andriod as I find the Samsung stuff way to voerpowering on a phone
Dom

8th Oct 15 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Galaxy Mini's are generally pretty poor as Samsung goose the hardware. Best bet is to look at the Sony Z* Compacts; small and the hardware is pretty damn good - they aren't particularly cheap though.

If you want cheap then Vodafone Ultra Smart 6, Alcatel Idol 3 or 3rd gen Moto G - as you found though, all of them are rocking 5"+ screens.
pow
Premium Member

8th Oct 15 at 15:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might just be done with it and get a 2nd Gen Moto G!
Balling
Premium Member

8th Oct 15 at 17:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iPhone 5s?

VegasPhil
Premium Member

8th Oct 15 at 21:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got a 5s a few months back once the pricing was sensible. Like you I was using a cheap Nokia with an iPad mini previously.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
deano87

9th Oct 15 at 06:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact

New Poll