corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Repainting a composite door.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Repainting a composite door.
AndyCorsaSport

User status: Offline
7th Oct 15 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone done it? What have you used? I'm wanting to repaint mine. It's currently black, either keep it black or a grey colour.

I could take I off and take it to work and spray it, just I'd have to have someone at my house while I do it easier said than done.
baza31

7th Oct 15 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't do it, if I really wanted to change colour I would be tempted to wrap it in vinyl. If you paint and it goes tits up it will look shocking
AndyCorsaSport

8th Oct 15 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any reason it would go tits up though? It's a black door and I managed to get some white paint on it and it won't seem to come off. Hence me wanting to paint it.
Bonney

8th Dec 15 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The place I work at sends upvc Windows off to be painted any colour you like, also the same with composites, they just use the same material as they use on cars and they come back looking perfect. I think the place is in Barnsley they use.

I'd just run it into work on a Saturday morning and give it a few coats!

[Edited on 08-12-2015 by Bonney]
Gary
Premium Member

9th Dec 15 at 08:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing wrong with it. Mate of mine fits windows and doors and paints stuff all the time (normally just time etc to match the funky coloured composite doors)

Be interested to see how well it turns out.

New Poll