corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Whats the BMW Mini version of VAG-COM and who has one...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Whats the BMW Mini version of VAG-COM and who has one...
Robbo

User status: Offline
14th Sep 15 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking to get a few adjustments made on the R53 Cooper S like changign the door locking to driver 1 press / all 2 presses, turning on daylight running lights etc.

Anyone know what the system is called and anyone know anyone who has one and would like some beer tokens?
craig8
Premium Member

15th Sep 15 at 07:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BMCables do one that works with Minis, can get it from their site or on eBay and the installer program they supply makes it pretty simple to set up

E36 328
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

15th Sep 15 at 10:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The diagnostic tool is called INPA but the programming one you need is a program called NCS Expert. And you need to know German to use it.
And I'll tell you now it's not an easy program to use what so ever.
Ben G

16th Sep 15 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought the one from bmcables. Seems to be a nice bit of software. Managed to turn my airbag light off easily.
jay26

16th Sep 15 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FlaFFy_91
The diagnostic tool is called INPA but the programming one you need is a program called NCS Expert. And you need to know German to use it.

Bmw stuff is called ISTA
Welsh Dan

16th Sep 15 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Not quite. There are plenty of guides to show you what you're doing. You're basically changing something between "enabled" and "nicht-enabled"
Welsh Dan

16th Sep 15 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jay26
quote:

Bmw stuff is called ISTA

INPA is one of the programs used.
jay.jay

16th Sep 15 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The programming version is called ISTA-P, there's a program called 'BMW easy code' out at the minute that is very slightly like VAGcom, only works with F series cars though, don't know how old your vehicle is mind
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

19th Sep 15 at 23:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Welsh Dan
quote:

Not quite. There are plenty of guides to show you what you're doing. You're basically changing something between "enabled" and "nicht-enabled"

I know there's plenty of guides out there, there's even a few lads on the forums if you ask them they will write the code so all you have to do is copy and paste, but you will have to figure out what double lock Windows is in German and all that.
Did a few bits with my mini when I had that

There's a forum, bmwcoding or something like that.
Very helpful on there
Graham88

19th Sep 15 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have INPA & DIS V57 mostly use the latter for fault diagnosis it's alot more detailed has wiring diagrams etc on it too

But NSC Expert is what you need to change settings. I had bits done on mine but paid somebody to do it as its so damn complicated
Ronson

21st Sep 15 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why would you want to turn daytime running lights on? Waste of energy in my opinion or you could turn your side lights on if you're that bothered.
Ben G

21st Sep 15 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because most people on the road are blind cunts nowadays. I know by experience, having my lights on during the day actually seems to stop.a lot of people blindly pulling straight out into my path.

May be placebo, but i've definitely noticed it. More so in rain when my auto lights switch on when the wipers are activated.
Ronson

22nd Sep 15 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH I do around 1000 miles a week and people pull out in front of me when I have my lights on or not, like the M3 that pulled out in front of me today, he obviously saw me just didn't want to wait a couple of seconds til I got past so pulled out, nearly got shunted by a 2 ton van, and sped off.

Lights wouldn't have stopped that.

[Edited on 22-09-2015 by Ronson]
elliot123B

25th Sep 15 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shame i dont work there anymore, i served my apprenticship with bmw in a main dealer i like beer tokens XD this is what you need to get hold off aswell an itll be a piece of cake, 2 minute job http://www.tradeboss.com/default.cgi/action/viewproducts/productid/114332/productname/Bmw_Isid/

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Whats the BMW Mini version of VAG-COM and who has one... 23 database queries in 0.0120199 seconds