corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Traveling to work is 'work' new EU Ruling.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Traveling to work is 'work' new EU Ruling.
chris_uk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
10th Sep 15 at 11:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone else seen this? Or have more info on it?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34210002

I have to travel up to an hour to get to my first appointment for 8 and more when its home time..

DannyB
Premium Member

10th Sep 15 at 12:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine already is, I have a two and a half hour journey to get to work tonight then an hour and a half to travel to the hotel after the shift, so that's an extra 4 hours wages. We've always been paid travel time. Even if the journey is only 30 minutes away.
DaveyLC

10th Sep 15 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is only applicable to people who do not have a fixed place of work obviously your morning and evening commute don't count
chris_uk
Premium Member

10th Sep 15 at 13:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont have a fixed place of work, unless you count yorkshire as the fixed place lol
Rob_Quads

10th Sep 15 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Then yes it counts but you will need to take it up with your employer
deano87

10th Sep 15 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure what's the difference between driving 30minutes to check your first emails, so your first job of the day vs. driving to some granny that needs feeding, so your first job of the day.

ed

10th Sep 15 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The first is a grossly inefficient use of time and the other is necessary?
Neo

10th Sep 15 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I already get paid if I'm not travelling to the office plus mileage, can't see how this is any different.
deano87

11th Sep 15 at 05:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
The first is a grossly inefficient use of time and the other is necessary?

I meant the first is just your usual commute to work.
Andrew

11th Sep 15 at 06:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If i have to leave early for a site visit i pop that extra time down as overtime. I'm just an employee so why shouldn't i get paid for my time.

I've also put in to claim an extra 15p a mile for business mileage. Why shouldn't that money be in my bank account than the goverment dishing it out to people who don't want to get a job.
Cavey

11th Sep 15 at 07:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I assume this is the same as when the EU said that people should get paid their average worked hours for holiday time rather than their contract, and now, a year on, nothing has changed
Rob_Quads

11th Sep 15 at 07:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
Not sure what's the difference between driving 30minutes to check your first emails, so your first job of the day vs. driving to some granny that needs feeding, so your first job of the day.

If your driving to a fixed location then its your choice to work that distances from work / not move closer (I know its not that simple in the real world) where as if you have no fixed place of work thats not your fault and so your home is considered your base.
djgritt
Premium Member

11th Sep 15 at 21:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Our place has always let our travel time for out of office work be included as 'working' time. The service guys are paid from home - home.

Our service & engineering teams have all had to sign an EU Working Time Directive opt-out due to the nature of the job.
DannyB
Premium Member

11th Sep 15 at 22:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My job wouldnt be worth doing without it. Hours paid yesterday including travel time was 16.5, then i'll have two days at 13 hours then another 16.5 on the way home. Plus 350 miles fuel expenses. Although i only claim 33p a mile for that, cant you claim up to 45p a mile at the end of the year? How much hassle would it be to claim the difference of 12p a mile?
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

12th Sep 15 at 19:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You just fill in a form with hmrc
DannyB
Premium Member

12th Sep 15 at 19:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would i need to supply vat receipts for the fuel? They go to work to claim the 33p a mile so no chance of that
johnny86
Premium Member

13th Sep 15 at 04:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm self employed travel 2 hours to work 8 hour shift 2 hours home. I get no extra money
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

13th Sep 15 at 07:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by johnny86
I'm self employed travel 2 hours to work 8 hour shift 2 hours home. I get no extra money

Why would you? Self employment you factor travel time into the cost of the job.
Andrew

13th Sep 15 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by johnny86

I've done 6 days this week, 16 hours per day. I will get extra money

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Traveling to work is 'work' new EU Ruling. 22 database queries in 0.0115860 seconds