corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Insurance
djgritt
Premium Member

User status: Offline
21st Aug 15 at 22:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Flux cancelled my policy without any fees atall last week...
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

24th Aug 15 at 08:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Having a nightmare with Adrian Flux at the moment...

Huge cancellation charges.

Money grabbing bastards.

Hi Jambo,

Thanks for the comments.

Would you mind dropping me a PM with your details so I can check the figures out for you?

Kind regards,
Dan.
DaveyLC

24th Aug 15 at 08:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Widely considered Adrian Flux are shit then!

Every forum/group I'm a member of is riddled with stories of AF not paying out because of the most ridiculous excuses.. Yes they are cheap but what is the point of a cheap policy if it wont pay out.
Marc

24th Aug 15 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm just baffled why a Volvo costs more to insure than an Impreza.
3CorsaMeal

24th Aug 15 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everyone knows imprezas are only driven by professional race car drivers, probably why
Brett
Premium Member

24th Aug 15 at 18:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

True dat
Jambo

24th Aug 15 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Having a nightmare with Adrian Flux at the moment...

Huge cancellation charges.

Money grabbing bastards.

Hi Jambo,

Thanks for the comments.

Would you mind dropping me a PM with your details so I can check the figures out for you?

Kind regards,
Dan.

Will do!
Marc

24th Aug 15 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
True dat

Innit.
deano87

24th Aug 15 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Brett
True dat

Innit.

Bruv.
Andrew

25th Aug 15 at 06:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My had the 207 and Focus with Admiral for a few years until it came to this years renewal. £50 here and there is not a big issue but an £800 increase took the actual piss.

Got a trade policy for less money.
Nic Barnes

25th Aug 15 at 07:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my insurance has just been issued a 7 day notice for cancellation as i havent provided no claims proof.

im with the same company as last year ffs.
Marc

25th Aug 15 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you have auto renewal on or not?
Nic Barnes

25th Aug 15 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no mate, i never auto renew. ive confirmed my no claims 3 times now since i renewed. its all sorted now though this morning so all is well.
Jambo

25th Aug 15 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I also had this issue with Adrian Flux. They had received it yet apparently not bothered to open the attachments.
Dee25790

25th Aug 15 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
my insurance has just been issued a 7 day notice for cancellation as i havent provided no claims proof.

im with the same company as last year ffs.

FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

25th Aug 15 at 11:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm with axa. Somehow they smashed the price of everyone else.
I was with admiral last year on the mini. They rang me once a month to try sell me the insurance policy I already had with them. Then offered me a renewal price £400 higher. Then when I rang them the lad told me he could only get £100 off that price. So I left them.

I'm currently paying more a month on tax than I am on insurance
pow
Premium Member

27th Aug 15 at 07:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Flux is a broker who sell you a policy from a different company. When I insured the camper with them, I specifically asked for a policy that I could cancel mid term as I as selling it. They were happy to quote me based on that.
Ben D

27th Aug 15 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was also with Admiral last year until their renewal came in at over £800, £200 higher despite me having 7 years no claims, which apparently was due to alot of drivers my age in my "type of car" having increased claims over the last year according to them.... ended up costing me £424, £200 cheaper again with Esure
whitter45

27th Aug 15 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so glad I don't have to go through this every year on car insurance

Insurance, whether motor, home etc, is a complete con
Pop

31st Aug 15 at 07:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:

Every forum/group I'm a member of is riddled with stories of AF not paying out because of the most ridiculous excuses.. Yes they are cheap but what is the point of a cheap policy if it wont pay out.

As mentioned in the thread already, AF are a broker. They place policies with a panel of insurers who are ultimately responsible for paying the claims (or not).
Jill
Premium Member

3rd Sep 15 at 14:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
I wondered how many people actually bother to find out how much a complete new policy would cost at renewal rather than just letting it automatically renew? It's bizarre how existing customers are overcharged massively compared to new one. I found the same with Direct Line too.

I wonder this as well. I have my mk1 Focus RS and my mk2 Focus RS 500 insured with Boncaster and shop around when that renewel is due but Boncaster always come out top for me here. But recently I sold my Sport KA and got a Zetec S Celebration Fiesta and the insurance went up despite being lower emissions and tax, same engine size 1.6 as the KA and is newer. So did an online quote and like what happened to you it worked out cheaper for me to end the policy with Admiral and move to Direct Line. Admiral also tried to charge me £25 to take my private number plate off the KA and then £25 later to put it on the Fiesta for "admin fees"! What changing over all of six digits to seven and then vice versa, clicking the "save details" button twice in between classes as £50 of admin fees?!
DaveyLC

3rd Sep 15 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pop
quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:

As mentioned in the thread already, AF are a broker. They place policies with a panel of insurers who are ultimately responsible for paying the claims (or not).

This is true *BUT* they choose the under-writers and there have been continuous flow of damning stories about AF for the last few years, its their responsibility to make sure they don't choose worthless under-writers.
Mattb

5th Sep 15 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jill
Admiral also tried to charge me £25 to take my private number plate off the KA and then £25 later to put it on the Fiesta for "admin fees"! What changing over all of six digits to seven and then vice versa, clicking the "save details" button twice in between classes as £50 of admin fees?!

Admin fees wind me up... Our 15 plate A3 should have gone back on the 1st to swap for a 65 plate. My renewal is up on the 19th and I have just moved house.. Delayed the car and holding out to change the address until renewal. Dont see why i should pay their daft fees for 19 days of a new address and car reg number
Ben G

5th Sep 15 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not even like ittakes any effort these days either

I can see their point back in the days of paperwork, where everything was on a paper database in a filing cabinet. But today, it's all computerised, so all they have to do is log in to their system and change your details.

So basically, you're paying extra for them to do their job. It's ridiculous.

baza31

5th Sep 15 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just a quick one. If I have two policy's do I get ncb on both? I just had to pay £800 to insure a van because my ncb are tied up with my traders. It's a rip off.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance 22 database queries in 0.2006681 seconds