corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Stag do invite but not wedding

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Stag do invite but not wedding
spencer88

User status: Offline
17th Aug 15 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right....

A guy who used to be a fairly good friend of mine and my best mate is getting married this year.

Both me and my best friend were invited to their engagement party. Attended, took presents and our plus ones etc.

Expected our wedding invites shortly after....considering he only has about 5 or 6 friends and we were all a core group a few years ago.

Never came, his Mrs has been on FB every day saying how they've been sent, hope all can attend etc etc. So we know we are not invited to the wedding or the evening do.

He text us both the other day - Stag Do Details. Shit do somewhere with paintball plus a curry..>£100.

Now, would you attend based on not being invited to the wedding? If you were on the stag night, would you expect to attend some part of the wedding? Similarly for the engagement party, I spent £20 on a present!!!!

In my view, if you attend the stag/hen, you attend the wedding.

Thoughts?
Brett
Premium Member

17th Aug 15 at 15:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd ask him why I wasn't invited tbh. Could it not just be a small affair?
spencer88

17th Aug 15 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
I'd ask him why I wasn't invited tbh. Could it not just be a small affair?

I'd say about 100 in the day, up to 200 at night. Maybe more.

Ben G

17th Aug 15 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit out of order from your mate. Is he poor? Maybe the invite got lost in the post?

My cousin invited my mum and dad to the full wedding day but not us (i have 2 brothers and a sister). Place is also in the middle of nowhere and they only want us to go to the evening.

We've all told them bollocks and won't be turning up at all. He's a weird potato headed cunt anyway.
DaveyLC

17th Aug 15 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who fucking cares.. I'd feel blessed for not having to go, fucking hate weddings.
spencer88

17th Aug 15 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Bit out of order from your mate. Is he poor? Maybe the invite got lost in the post?

My cousin invited my mum and dad to the full wedding day but not us (i have 2 brothers and a sister). Place is also in the middle of nowhere and they only want us to go to the evening.

We've all told them bollocks and won't be turning up at all. He's a weird potato headed cunt anyway.

Na, they're not scrimping on the wedding.

Me and my mate just thinks its real shitty to invite people to the engagement party and stag do, but no part of the wedding.

To be honest, his Mrs looks like a hippo and spends all day watching Jeremy Kyle (aka - "full time mommy") so it no doubt will be like an episode of Gypsy Wedding.
luciaadr

17th Aug 15 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by spencer88

That's always been my take

Both me and the Mrs have been invited to Stag/Hens to then get an evening invite which is just almost just about acceptable imo, but not something I'd do (or did).

To not get anything is a bit of a pisstake, and frankly confusing. That said if hes got 5-6 friends they must have a shitload of family/acquaintances to pack out 200 people. That's a big evening do.
spencer88

17th Aug 15 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by luciaadr
quote:
Originally posted by spencer88

That's always been my take

Both me and the Mrs have been invited to Stag/Hens to then get an evening invite which is just almost just about acceptable imo, but not something I'd do (or did).

To not get anything is a bit of a pisstake, and frankly confusing. That said if hes got 5-6 friends they must have a shitload of family/acquaintances to pack out 200 people. That's a big evening do.

Her friends mostly, then family.
chris_uk
Premium Member

17th Aug 15 at 16:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Imo thats the best outcome you could of had.. Get to go on the stag do but dont have to dress like a ponce and sit in a cold church for hours..
ShEp

17th Aug 15 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck that, sack the stag doo off too.

I have a large group of friends, and couldn;t get something we could all do together, so me and my 2 best men fucked off to london for a weekend.

It's far too difficult to keep everyone happy, mention it to him though as seriously it may be an oversight, so much stuff to remember for a wedding.
Marc

17th Aug 15 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went on my mates stag do, wasn't invited to the wedding but went to the night time do.

They split up 6 months later.
Dee25790

17th Aug 15 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it was me I would ring him and ask why he thought to invite you on his stag do but didn't bother to give you a wedding invite.

Just put him on the spot and find out
Richie

17th Aug 15 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tell em to get fucked, then get over it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJDNkVDGM_s
spencer88

17th Aug 15 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbh going to the wedding wouldn't be the top of my to do list anyway, just expect an invite to that if invited to stag and engagement party.

Actually more pissed off I paid for an engagement present and won't even get a glimpse at a half fit bridesmaid.
Dom

17th Aug 15 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like his missus doesn't like you
whitter45

17th Aug 15 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had something similar. he was a usher at my wedding, went on his stag do got a save the date and then the invite was for evening only

Granted I got an evening invite but he was a close friend

Went the night do and was a shit wedding so glad I didn't get invited to the day as it was a Friday and was only getting back to the UK from Boston on the morning of

You will probably find its a blessing. If they don't want you there then they are being arseholes so wouldn't want to celebrate it with them

[Edited on 17-08-2015 by whitter45]

[Edited on 17-08-2015 by whitter45]
whitter45

17th Aug 15 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would go on the stag do. If it's a group of friends you know just hang about with them

That's what I did and asked fuck all questions about the big day as I wasn't interested after not being asked to the day do

spencer88

18th Aug 15 at 06:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
I would go on the stag do. If it's a group of friends you know just hang about with them

That's what I did and asked fuck all questions about the big day as I wasn't interested after not being asked to the day do

I would normally, but the price for a shit day out with them is high.
Eck
Premium Member

18th Aug 15 at 08:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How close to the wedding day is the stag do? I'd imagine it will be close?
Paintballs can leave an awful welt when they hit the right place. Aim for the throat/neck and just above the visor on the forehead. Shoot nobody but the groom.
spencer88

18th Aug 15 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
How close to the wedding day is the stag do? I'd imagine it will be close?
Paintballs can leave an awful welt when they hit the right place. Aim for the throat/neck and just above the visor on the forehead. Shoot nobody but the groom.

About 3 months I think.

Although a dick shot may hamper any fun till then
Eck
Premium Member

18th Aug 15 at 10:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I mean, is the stag do just before the wedding? Yeah a cock strike will help too
spencer88

18th Aug 15 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's what I meant, there is about 3 months between the stag do and the wedding.
Graham88

18th Aug 15 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It doesn't sound like he's limited on numbers, but I invited people to my stag do & engagement party that weren't invited to the wedding. But the difference is I explained to them we were limited to 150 and we gave 250 invites out to the engagement party. I felt bad but I had to clear the air with everyone. To invite an extra 100 would have cost £2500 and to be honest it would have been too many people, we weren't on a budget for the wedding but spending that much wasn't feasible.

I'd say your mate has gone about it the wrong way and the people who didn't get invited to mine weren't close friends, unlike you

[Edited on 18-08-2015 by Graham88]
RichR
Premium Member

18th Aug 15 at 18:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We only have about 40 people coming to the actual wedding but 200 coming straight after as our 'reception' starts at 2ish. We're not having a sit down wedding breakfast though and only want close family at the wedding itself. That said, I'm not fussed about a stag do though.
AndyKent

19th Aug 15 at 07:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems wrong that you're allowed to spend money and help him have a good time but they won't have you along on the day itself.

Be inclined to say no even if it wasn't so expensive.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Stag do invite but not wedding 22 database queries in 0.1068048 seconds